Wacom Intuos Pro

Started 1 month ago | Discussions
Brian1960 New Member • Posts: 11
Wacom Intuos Pro

Hello,

I bought a Wacom tablet the other day and have an issue, each time I connect it to my pc via the cable, it crashes the pc, I get the blue screen of death! Anyway, it says on the blue screen Stop Code : INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE. Anybody have any ideas ? I am running Windows 10

Brian1960's gear list:Brian1960's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,222
Re: Wacom Intuos Pro

I use an Intuos Pro Medium tablet on my Win 10 ( latest updates ) and have no bother at all either with the USB connection or the wireless.

What driver version are you using ?  Mine is 6.3.40-2

Have you registered with Wacom in your country to receive all the latest updates ?

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

OP Brian1960 New Member • Posts: 11

Thanks Ken60,

Yes I have the latest windows updates and am sure I have the latest Wacom drivers installed. I haven’t registered it yet, would that make any difference? My pc crashes whenever I connect the usb cable to it.

Panasonic LX100 II Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,222

Sounds strange, so a list of questions:-

Is the tablet new or used ?

Did you try another USB port, where is the one it failed at ?

Did you install the driver that came with the tablet or the newest one from wacom.de ?

How many things are plugged into your usb on this PC ?

Is the tablet wireless too ?   Did you try it without the USB and are there light on the tablet when you press the power button  when wireless ( is the battery installed and the wireless module )

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

Cariboo Contributing Member • Posts: 667

I strongly suggest that you contact Wacom Support, they usually reply and offer suggestions, though their "suggestions" haven't always worked for me as per my experience below.

SO .... also try older drivers. While the Wacoms that I use are quite old, I've always had more success with older drivers than the latest. In fact, with W10 v2004, I'm using REALLY old drivers, which might not even have been "recommended" for either of the 2 Wacom models that I use. It sometimes took trying several drivers to find the one that behaved the best. But my Wacoms are pretty basic and don't have the latest bells and whistles.

OP Brian1960 New Member • Posts: 11

I reinstalled windows and it works fine now !

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads