Tamron 35-150mm F2.8-4 Di VC OSD

Started 4 months ago | User reviews
ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,240

Nice lens, AF pretty good, images are sharp detailed and contrasty just like Tamron lens are, occasional AF will hunt, but that said most lens does in trickylight/subjects. Overall very pleased.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
- Peter Adams
Believe in Karma.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Telephoto zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX) • A043
Announced: Feb 20, 2019
ASR45's score
Average community score
goactive Senior Member • Posts: 1,934
Re: Tamron 35-150mm F2.8-4 Di VC OSD

I have shot over 150 jobs now weddings and portrait sessions with the Tamron 35-150 lens on my Nikon Z6 and it has worked fantastic.

The perfect rage to cover group photos and head shots and full weddings in one lens.

I will say the rubber on the lens has expanded now in the second year of use and is falling off or moving all around now.

-- hide signature --

Started shooting digital back with the first 2MP cameras. Over 20 cameras later still going. I shoot family and people portraits, weddings, Sports and a little of everything.

goactive's gear list:goactive's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +21 more
ASR45
OP ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,240

goactive wrote:

I have shot over 150 jobs now weddings and portrait sessions with the Tamron 35-150 lens on my Nikon Z6 and it has worked fantastic.

The perfect rage to cover group photos and head shots and full weddings in one lens.

I will say the rubber on the lens has expanded now in the second year of use and is falling off or moving all around now.

Sadly i am sending it back for refund, inconsistent AF and under exposure is a step to far, IQ is great but the niggles is to much, on occasion the AF fails dead. I do remember several years ago, i had a similar problem with the 70-200 lens, thought Tamron might have improved the algorithms, but not, so it has to go sadly.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
- Peter Adams
Believe in Karma.

Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +10 more

Looks like you are shooting Canon maybe it is a problem on Canon.

Here are a few photos from this past week or so the Tamron 35-150 on the Nikon Z6 working fantastic.

ASR45 wrote:

goactive wrote:

Sadly i am sending it back for refund, inconsistent AF and under exposure is a step to far, IQ is great but the niggles is to much, on occasion the AF fails dead. I do remember several years ago, i had a similar problem with the 70-200 lens, thought Tamron might have improved the algorithms, but not, so it has to go sadly.

-- hide signature --

Started shooting digital back with the first 2MP cameras. Over 20 cameras later still going. I shoot family and people portraits, weddings, Sports and a little of everything.

Nikon Z6 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +21 more
ASR45
OP ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,240

goactive wrote:

Looks like you are shooting Canon maybe it is a problem on Canon.

What you on about, i have no problems with canon, its the Tamron thats at fault.

Here are a few photos from this past week or so the Tamron 35-150 on the Nikon Z6 working fantastic.

ASR45 wrote:

goactive wrote:

-- hide signature --

Alan.
- Peter Adams
Believe in Karma.

fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 18,586

I shot a lot of street with this lens it during the lockdown.

But it since has been totally replaced by the Nikon 24-200  f4-6.3 for day and the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 for low light.  Nikon is hitting it out of the ballpark with their Z zoom lenses.

Smaller

Lighter

No FTZ adaptor

Better spec'd

Better performance

Better made

The 24-70 f4, and the yet undelivered 24-50 are both even smaller, as is the 16-50 DX.

So, personally, I don't see the use case for the Tamron any longer.  But it did its job well for a while.

-- hide signature --

Frank
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/
Photos look better in Original Size
Shot in downtown Manhattan, mostly

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D4S Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +24 more

The new 24-200 would not cut it for us at F6.3 if it was an F4 I would be using it.

I do have the 24-70 F4 but it lacks the zoom range so the Tamron still works best for us for weddings and portraits.

I do have an older Nikon 24-70 2.8 but still does not give the zoom we like for the weddings.

I was using the Nikon 24-120 F4 for some time but the Tamron 35-150 replaced that it is a much sharper and better lens and the better zoom range covers what we need for weddings and portrait sessions.

fad wrote:

I shot a lot of street with this lens it during the lockdown.

But it since has been totally replaced by the Nikon 24-200 f4-6.3 for day and the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 for low light. Nikon is hitting it out of the ballpark with their Z zoom lenses.

Smaller

Lighter

No FTZ adaptor

Better spec'd

Better performance

Better made

The 24-70 f4, and the yet undelivered 24-50 are both even smaller, as is the 16-50 DX.

So, personally, I don't see the use case for the Tamron any longer. But it did its job well for a while.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads