E-M1 Mark II offer with 'free' 1.2 lens

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Colin in Amsterdam Forum Member • Posts: 72
E-M1 Mark II offer with 'free' 1.2 lens

For those looking to add to their kit: There's a new offer for Sep/Oct in Europe (well I get a mailshot in the Netherlands so I'm not sure of its precise marketing footprint, but I presume Europe-wide) for a free f/1.2 lens (17, 25 or 45) for every purchase of an E-M1 Mark II. If you were thinking of getting one of these lenses it seems attractive. (Arguing the other way perhaps too, but that's less of a no-brainer).

WHOOPS - I see this subject has already appeared - but let me add to it:
It seems genuine in at least 19 European countries, see https://bonus.olympus.eu for detail of which these are.

Colin in Amsterdam's gear list:Colin in Amsterdam's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Air +14 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
meow Senior Member • Posts: 2,025
Re: E-M1 Mark II offer with 'free' 1.2 lens

Wow. Not that I can afford it, but how does it work? Do I buy a new house anywhere I want to any price and then fill out the form and they send me a lens?

I'd like all three lenses.

meow's gear list:meow's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro 7artisans 7.5mm F2.8 Fisheye Olympus 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS +1 more
OP Colin in Amsterdam Forum Member • Posts: 72

Online with Olympus or with an 'approved' seller - you'll have to check what that means precisely, but otherwise, yes, it's that simple. 
I can't see a problem with three lenses (read the small print to double check whether your brother has to buy camera number 2 and your neighbour camera number 3) - those three E-M1 Mark IIs should last you many years especially if you keep two boxed up with silica gel until the first one gives up the ghost ! By the time you're on your third in 10 years you will have to check the weather sealing - there's a chance some of that rubber may have started to get a bit dodgy.

Kelpie Regular Member • Posts: 441

It's a free camera. Sadly I'm not in the market.  Great offer.

Kelpie's gear list:Kelpie's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon D300 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +18 more
rogerstpierre Veteran Member • Posts: 4,856

Well beat that deal if you can, in Canada it's buy a new camera and you get free shipping. Mail service in Canada is THAT expensive! They also have this great deal, save $50CDN (like £25) on an E-M5MkII, $1049 when it was selling for $549USD accross the border, can hardly contain my excitement. To add insult to the "injury" they advertised it on the CAN web site! Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro +4 more
rick in vegas Contributing Member • Posts: 647

Trying to get rid of stock

rick in vegas's gear list:rick in vegas's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R
OP Colin in Amsterdam Forum Member • Posts: 72
'free' 1.2 lenses drying up

In case you're still dithering: There are reports on the mft forum that the 17mm lens is no longer available under this offer at least for buyers in some countries (which obviously raises doubts about how many 25 and 45mm lenses are still available too).  Apparently this is your risk (read the small print). 
Funnily enough that motivated me to buy a second hand E-5 yesterday instead (delivered today - about 1/3 of the original price new) and I now look forward to an EM-1 mark III in a few years .....   Delivered today. Will play with it at the weekend.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads