This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2020

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 432
This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2020

Welcome to another monthly thread. Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2020: Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2019: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #454 - Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Some birds from the balcony

Austral Thrush

Pigeon on the neighbours roof

Chimango Caracara

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Adzor
WSSA member #451

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
iserp Junior Member • Posts: 34
Bee-Eaters

A couple of weeks ago I saw some bee-eaters through the window. They were flying between some trees that were a bit far away. This one perched in a bush with a white wall as a backdrop, which was good to isolate the subject in the photograph. The picture is heavily cropped, but I really like it.

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,169
Heron and a Pug

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Shocking photos from today

At least the color is rather shocking IMO. Seen today outside a doctor's office nearby, I had to make a U-turn when I saw it to get some photos.

This is a Tesla for those who may not recognize this all electric car. There are many on the road here in Phoenix, but never before seen in such a color. So, is this factory paint, or a high end after market job? Note that the metal flake paint makes the car look like it is dusted with glitter.

V2, 10-100, raw processed in Photoshop.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Gaber
Gaber Veteran Member • Posts: 6,241
Hummer silhouette

-- hide signature --
 Gaber's gear list:Gaber's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 4500 Olympus Tough TG-2 Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +14 more
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 8,525
Re: Shocking photos from today

That could be a vinyl wrap.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad
WSSA Member #450

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +25 more
RichDitch
Re: Shocking photos from today

Paul Pasco wrote:

That could be a vinyl wrap.

That's something I never thought of. I wouldn't even know how to tell them apart from a casual glance, and I don't think I'd get away with a "scratch test" on it to fond out! But now that you have suggested this possibility I'll look a lot closer if I ever find it around again.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Fiery Sunset

The wildfire east of San Diego has blanketed our whole region with smoke and ash.  This made tonight's sunset color spectacular.   Attempted to capture it.  Exposure compensation was at -3 but...

-- hide signature --

Frank - WSSA Member #453
D300; N1 V1;

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 1,541
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - September 2020

The Gatekeeper

The neighbours cat is terrified of him

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

Re: Heron and a Pug

Grin!

-- hide signature --

Frank - WSSA Member #453
D300; N1 V1;

Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 1,635
Re: Bee-Eaters

iserp wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I saw some bee-eaters through the window. They were flying between some trees that were a bit far away. This one perched in a bush with a white wall as a backdrop, which was good to isolate the subject in the photograph. The picture is heavily cropped, but I really like it.

lovely - something about it is almost Japanese with the delicate lines and colours

Re: Fiery Sunset

fafitz wrote:

The wildfire east of San Diego has blanketed our whole region with smoke and ash. This made tonight's sunset color spectacular. Attempted to capture it. Exposure compensation was at -3 but...

very dramatic Frank - I like it a lot - but not your situation in CA obviously

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

They are really posing for you aren’t they?   Nice shots

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,169

fafitz wrote:

Grin!

off to visit him Friday again and he'll be coming home with us on 25th Sept....can't wait

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Close up of an Alstroemeria flower

Just playing around to get some depth of field and keep near base iso in dull conditions ( 11 ev )

Taken with a V2 and 1.8/50 g afs with a 3 dioptre achromat and f2 and 1/640 sec. Took a 1 sec 15 fps burst handheld while focussing from front to back manually then focus merging in Affinity.

I don't think the FX lens is very sharp at this pixel density unfortunately - still looking for a bright cheap lens that is OK

Re: Fiery Sunset

Thanks!  Our air is still full of ash although the fire in our nearby mountains seems under controlled and about half contained.  This is tonight's sunset, a little better.

-- hide signature --

Frank - WSSA Member #453
D300; N1 V1;

Adzor Regular Member • Posts: 499
Re: Some birds from the balcony - a couple more

Leaf cutter

He also likes berries

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Adzor
WSSA member #451

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 +8 more
RichDitch
Re: Some birds from the balcony - a couple more

Terrific shots of the Leaf Cutter. I think it is time for me to start searching for a VR 300/4 and trade in my older 300/4 without VR.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,705
Re: Bee-Eaters

rich_cx139 wrote:

iserp wrote:

lovely - something about it is almost Japanese with the delicate lines and colours

We had some around the house in Thailand (there was a dam nearby that they used as a hunting ground, and the big trees in the garden). Not that easy to catch well!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads