Ricoh GW-3 and GW-4

Started Aug 23, 2020 | Discussions
Ned-B
Ned-B Senior Member • Posts: 1,870
Re: Ricoh GW-4 and Pentax PH-RBA72

VSHaverinen wrote:

Thank you, Ned! That is a very nice setup.

My pleasure. I also found the hood allows me to comfortably cradle the GW-4 and makes framing shots just a little bit easier. Mind you, the combo is not really front heavy, but it’s easier holding the GW-4 with the BW hood than  the flimsy rubber hood.

Ned-B's gear list:Ned-B's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-3
VSHaverinen
VSHaverinen Junior Member • Posts: 42

I ended to order two B+W #970 Wide Angle Lens Hoods. One with 72mm threads and one with 49mm, so I can use the other one with my GA-1 Lens Adapter. Not cheap, but hopefully worth it.

Because money grows on trees, I bought also an unused Ricoh GR Limited Edition in an original box from a small brick-and-mortar camera shop. I have long dreamed of getting one of those. I mention this because I know that you too have this particular model.

what_i_saw Regular Member • Posts: 340

Pics please

-- hide signature --

Extraordinarily Ordinary

what_i_saw's gear list:what_i_saw's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Ricoh GR II Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +2 more
Ned-B
Ned-B Senior Member • Posts: 1,870

VSHaverinen wrote:

I ended to order two B+W #970 Wide Angle Lens Hoods. One with 72mm threads and one with 49mm, so I can use the other one with my GA-1 Lens Adapter. Not cheap, but hopefully worth it.

Because money grows on trees, I bought also an unused Ricoh GR Limited Edition in an original box from a small brick-and-mortar camera shop. I have long dreamed of getting one of those. I mention this because I know that you too have this particular model.

Let me know how you like them. The B+W hoods are really well made so you shouldn’t be concerned about their quality. Congrats on getting the Limited Edition. I still use mine and really like the wooden grip. Much more tactile than I initially thought and it’s easy to keep clean.

Ned-B's gear list:Ned-B's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-3
VSHaverinen
VSHaverinen Junior Member • Posts: 42
B+W Lens Hood and GR Limited Edition

The B+W #970 Wide Angle Lens Hood with 49mm threads arrived. The build quality is good. Thank you for the tip, Ned! My only gripe so far is that I can not use my snap-on lens cap (49mm) any longer since it does not fit when the lens hood is on. Not a very significant problem anyway.

And this is my Ricoh GR Limited Edition. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads