Has anyone tried this eyecup for X-E3's EVF?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
sergiotous Forum Member • Posts: 85
Has anyone tried this eyecup for X-E3's EVF?

I'm a happy owner of the X-E3 but... I wear glasses and sometimes I find the EVF  annoying due to its  small size.

I just came across this "eyecup" in Amazon that fits into the hotshoe and it looks like a neat solution.

can somebody share his opinion with it or with a similar one?

thanks!

sergiotous's gear list:sergiotous's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +3 more
TheWhiteDog Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Re: Has anyone tried this eyecup for X-E3's EVF?

Looks great! Tried to order it but they don't ship to the USA. Thanks for sharing though, the eye cup(or lack thereof) is the X-E3's Achilles heel.

TheWhiteDog's gear list:TheWhiteDog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
OP sergiotous Forum Member • Posts: 85

I just realized only two units are on stock so I pulled the trigger. will comment about it in couple days.

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +3 more

It is available on Amazon US!

Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
Mczar2u Forum Member • Posts: 90

In the X-e3 the EVF is NOt under the Hotshoe!

Mario

RichardRE Regular Member • Posts: 157

This link is not for an X-E3

-- hide signature --

-Richard

RichardRE's gear list:RichardRE's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E3 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more

it was when i posted but seems it has been changed to a xt30 model... maybe due to stock?

antway i will post pics when i recieve it

RichardRE wrote:

This link is not for an X-E3

Just got it, pics below.

it feels good and fits tight in the hotshoe.

very useful for a sunny day HOWEVER not good for glasses wearer: I cant see the borders of the EVF when I wear them.

ArtHeals
ArtHeals Regular Member • Posts: 169

Definitely worth the try for XE3 owners, kudos to the company making it and thanks to you for sharing

ArtHeals's gear list:ArtHeals's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM
Re: Thank You!

This eye cup is available on Amazon US(strangely not on Ebay) just bought one, I believe 4 are left. Anyway, I want to thank the OP for this post, I love my X-E3 but the eye cup was the single most annoying feature. I don't wear glasses and I have deep set eyes and use my right eye, even with all this, in sunny- especially side lit days the light, coming from the side could be bothersome. Add in that the "eye cup" on the X-E3 is hard made one really wish for a cure-and you just furnished that so thank you!   Won't use all the time as I like my Lensmate thumb grip but it will prove invaluable when needed, improves an already lovely camera. And, when shooting while wearing a mask these days, will make the whole experience much better. Again, thank you.

Hopefully Fuji will notice and provide a real eye cup as standard in the future X-E4, as SONY does with their A... series cameras. But somehow I doubt it, they are always looking for the sleek, elegant, minimalist look in this series of cameras I'm afraid.

Re: Thank You!

update on this...

i ve been out for a week on vacation. as im using contact lenses in vacation and no glasses i left the eyecup i bought.

my experience using it (sunny spain landscapes and street) has not been very good....ok, looks good, seems like a good idea but you have to “push” your eyeball thru the plastic hole. its unconfortable to me.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads