Andy Mumford and similar

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Fsi Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Andy Mumford and similar

Not sure, which board to post this.

Found Andy Mumford work last week, have thoroughly enjoyed his insights and approach to shooting landscapes. Are there recommendations for similar landscape photographers to look out for? Not limited to Fuji photographers.

 Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH +2 more
MarkPhillips New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
3

Here are a few

Nigel Danson

Adam Gibbs

First Man Photography

fototripper

Thomas Heaton

Regards,

Mark

 MarkPhillips's gear list:MarkPhillips's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-A10 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 +12 more
maxxxx Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
2

Brandon Son

Mark Denney

Michael Shainblum

there are a lot of them on YouTube.

 maxxxx's gear list:maxxxx's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +4 more
khollister Regular Member • Posts: 159
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
1

Andrew Marr

 khollister's gear list:khollister's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T4
OP Fsi Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
1

MarkPhillips wrote:

Here are a few

Nigel Danson

Adam Gibbs

First Man Photography

fototripper

Thomas Heaton

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for those, I enjoy Adam Gibbs alot, watched alot of Thomas Heaton and Nigel Danson back in the day. First Man, I also enjoy. Fototripper is new to me. Thank you.

 Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH +2 more
OP Fsi Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
1

maxxxx wrote:

Brandon Son

Mark Denney

Michael Shainblum

there are a lot of them on YouTube.

Michael Shainblum, is a new one for me. Thank you

 Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH +2 more
OP Fsi Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
1

khollister wrote:

Andrew Marr

Thank you, for the suggestion. Looking at his page, will definitely be someone, I give a watch.

 Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH +2 more
OP Fsi Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
4

To add a suggestion, Alister Benn. His Youtube channel is Expressive Photography. His not a gear guy, goes into the subconscious of making an image.

Michael Kenna's images have always mesmerized me, have seen a few documentaries on him and interviews and one thing that stood out for me, was his process of slowing down and not just taking a picture for the sake of a picture.

 Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH +2 more
Meeces Regular Member • Posts: 176
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

I’ll mention Nick Page and Gareth Danks. Gareth is a bit more street/landscape mix.

-- hide signature --

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2308/2211585022_71ae2311da_m.jpg
Matt
IG: matticus390
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akita/
Fujifilm X-T2 w/battery grip and X-T4 w/23/35/56mm, 16-55, 50-140 and 100-400mm, 1.4 ext.

 Meeces's gear list:Meeces's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2
Ianwrawlings New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
1

I would also suggest taking a look at Gary Gough and Ian Worth.

 Ianwrawlings's gear list:Ianwrawlings's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +11 more
BWJunkie Regular Member • Posts: 445
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

Fsi wrote:

Not sure, which board to post this.

Found Andy Mumford work last week, have thoroughly enjoyed his insights and approach to shooting landscapes. Are there recommendations for similar landscape photographers to look out for? Not limited to Fuji photographers.

I discovered Bruce Percy through the website of an popular app used by serious nature/landscape photographers.

https://www.brucepercy.co.uk/

Tim C.

 BWJunkie's gear list:BWJunkie's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Austin CB Regular Member • Posts: 141
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

MarkPhillips wrote:

Nigel Danson

Mark

I think Danson shoots stills with the Nikon Z series and uses his Fuji to shoot his YT film.

TonyGN10 Regular Member • Posts: 343
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

Austin CB wrote:

MarkPhillips wrote:

Nigel Danson

Mark

I think Danson shoots stills with the Nikon Z series and uses his Fuji to shoot his YT film.

Largely true but you can see quite a few X-T2 and X-T3 shots in his latest book “Vistas”

 TonyGN10's gear list:TonyGN10's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Phase One Capture One Pro +3 more
danielianphoto Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

Was going to suggest Nigel Danson straight away as he’s a favourite of mine - both in terms of learning new shooting ideas and post production tips. 
Like the OP, I also discovered Andy the other week when making my switch to Fuji. Will check the others out posted here.

OP Fsi Contributing Member • Posts: 539
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

BWJunkie wrote:

Fsi wrote:

Not sure, which board to post this.

Found Andy Mumford work last week, have thoroughly enjoyed his insights and approach to shooting landscapes. Are there recommendations for similar landscape photographers to look out for? Not limited to Fuji photographers.

I discovered Bruce Percy through the website of an popular app used by serious nature/landscape photographers.

https://www.brucepercy.co.uk/

Tim C.

I enjoyed Bruce Percy work as well. Bought a few of his ebooks back in the day.

 Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH +2 more
thatrobbiemccguy Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Andy Mumford and similar

I have a man crush on James Popsys, great all rounder and Roman fox for a street photography take.

 thatrobbiemccguy's gear list:thatrobbiemccguy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
MatMayer
MatMayer Senior Member • Posts: 1,327
Re: Andy Mumford and similar
1

Fsi wrote:

To add a suggestion, Alister Benn. His Youtube channel is Expressive Photography. His not a gear guy, goes into the subconscious of making an image.

...

I am absolutely loving his videos. Really refreshing approach from his vast experience; high level stuff about getting creativity right. 👍

Saving this whole thread in the hope some of the others are as good.

 MatMayer's gear list:MatMayer's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads