Wich tripod for my E-m1 mk2?

Started 2 months ago | Questions
genesian New Member • Posts: 13
Wich tripod for my E-m1 mk2?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a tripod for my E-m1 mk2.

I plan to do macro and a bit of astrophotography.

There are so many type, brand and prices..

I would like a tripod that can reverse the head down, can be not too heavy to travel, stable, enough tall to kot break my back using it lol (I'm 1. 75m tall).

My budget is around 200e if possible with head included.

I have an old vanguard but I can't separate the feet from the column, I can't reverse and the plate is too big for my E-m1.

I know that benro, sirui, Manfrotto, vanguard are good brands...

Any advices for me? 😁

Thanks in advance.

Genesian

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,764
Re: Wich tripod for my E-m1 mk2?

DPReview did a travel tripod review a couple of weeks ago. They say all the models they looked at have reversible center columns.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +23 more
OP genesian New Member • Posts: 13

Hi thanks for your message I'll take a look at those ones... Only one is less than 200e😁

BBbuilder467 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,580

genesian wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a tripod for my E-m1 mk2.

I plan to do macro and a bit of astrophotography.

There are so many type, brand and prices..

I would like a tripod that can reverse the head down, can be not too heavy to travel, stable, enough tall to kot break my back using it lol (I'm 1. 75m tall).

My budget is around 200e if possible with head included.

I have an old vanguard but I can't separate the feet from the column, I can't reverse and the plate is too big for my E-m1.

I know that benro, sirui, Manfrotto, vanguard are good brands...

Any advices for me? 😁

Thanks in advance.

Genesian

If you want a travel tripod, the Mefoto Globetrotter and Benro Travel Angel are close to what you want in that price range.

Hi there I keep my looking does someone have the 3 legged Thing corey? Or billy? Or the k&f 2515t?

They look not so bad too and change a bit from more known brands... Maybe it's not a good idea...

Ringwraith69
Ringwraith69 Senior Member • Posts: 2,718

genesian wrote:

Hi there I keep my looking does someone have the 3 legged Thing corey? Or billy? Or the k&f 2515t?

They look not so bad too and change a bit from more known brands... Maybe it's not a good idea...

The Tree Legged Thing tripods do have a surprising good reputation. I've gone for Manfrotto myself bu have no hesitation in recommending Three Legged Thing at all. Well built, versatile and good pricing.

-- hide signature --

(We are only immortal for a limited time)

Ringwraith69's gear list:Ringwraith69's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX10 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX95 Epson R-D1 +38 more
  1. Ringwraith69 wrote:

genesian wrote:

The Tree Legged Thing tripods do have a surprising good reputation. I've gone for Manfrotto myself bu have no hesitation in recommending Three Legged Thing at all. Well built, versatile and good pricing.

Hi thanks for your answer... Wich model from Manfrotto you choosed?

Ringwraith69

genesian wrote:

1. Ringwraith69 wrote:

genesian wrote:

Hi thanks for your answer... Wich model from Manfrotto you choosed?

It's an older model, the Manfrotto MagFiber 055MF3, with a new Manfrotto MHXPro-3W head.

-- hide signature --

Sigma DP1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX10 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX95 Epson R-D1 +38 more

Hard to find a perfect tripod lol

For now I start a list trying to find a tripod enough high for me (I'm 1.75m tall), enough light to be able to go out with it often and offering enough possibility (like macro, landscape and astrophotography) and of course enough strong to not move while taking pictures (sturdy? Sorry for my English)

My preference would be :

- with flip locks (but if twist locks are in metal it can be OK)

- budget 200/250 with head if possible

A système of clip for the fast plate (like u can find on Manfrotto 494 headball) and not a screw if possible of course.

I know I may not be able to have al those preference in one body lol... That's why I keep looking all top classement of tripod as try to make. List... For now I have Manfrotto befree advanced+494 headball , mefoto roadtrip S + Q1 ball head, sirui 1204+rotule E20, 3 legged Thing tripods, K&F concept 2515T etc

Ringwraith69

The only 'general' advice I can give is not to fall for to cheap a tripod setup, because inevitably you will be disappointed. Get the best tripod and head you can afford. The fact that you are looking a good brands gives you a better chance of finding what you want and need in one go. Many of us have gotten through three or more tripod-buying-and-being-disappointed experiences LOL.

Most better brands have plates that click in place on the head, not screw-on plates. Your height is not that unusual (I'm 1m79 myself) and most tripods will give you a comfortable working height.

You're looking for a tripod that is light enough for traveling. That would suggest carbon would be the best material for you, but these are more expensive. You might want to reconsider (if possible, of course) your budget.

-- hide signature --

Chuck_G Regular Member • Posts: 116

Finding the perfect tripod may be impossible. There are many good brands out there. I don't use a tripod often as many places I like to photograph there are either forbidden or impractical. I use a Mefoto Roadtrip travel tripod. Mine is the aluminum version weighing just under 4 pounds (less than 1.8 kg). The center column is reversible for low shots and you can convert the center column and 1 leg into a monopod. The plate clips in so once it is screwed into your camera it is quick and easy to take the camera off and on the tripod. One drawback is it might be a little short for you as the max height is around 61 inches (about 1.55 meters). If possible, visit a camera store and look at different makes and models.

Chuck_G's gear list:Chuck_G's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic G85 Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II PZD
Kristoff_EM5 Regular Member • Posts: 303

I have the k&f 2515t. Been using it for about 18 months.

Quality wise it's held up well.

There’s almost too many adjustment options on it, everything on it pulls out/rotates/extends/ swivels etc... That can be annoying in some situations, but very useful in others.

It's no Gitzo, but I'm happy with it paired with my Em5ii with grip fitted.  I'd buy it again.

Kristoff_EM5's gear list:Kristoff_EM5's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
  1. Kristoff_EM5 wrote:

I have the k&f 2515t. Been using it for about 18 months.

Quality wise it's held up well.

There’s almost too many adjustment options on it, everything on it pulls out/rotates/extends/ swivels etc... That can be annoying in some situations, but very useful in others.

It's no Gitzo, but I'm happy with it paired with my Em5ii with grip fitted. I'd buy it again.

Hi thank you for your review...👍👍 Not easy to choose 😁

Bob
Bob Senior Member • Posts: 2,317

are you in UK/EU or USA?

Bob wrote:

are you in UK/EU or USA?

France why?

Bob
Bob Senior Member • Posts: 2,317

Because not all brands are available in all countries. I personally think Kingjoy tripods are fantastic. As good or better than Gitzo at much less cost. Not available in USA, though.

http://www.cnkingjoy.com/cp/CP_en.asp?id=4&kw=Marcus

Bob wrote:

Because not all brands are available in all countries. I personally think Kingjoy tripods are fantastic. As good or better than Gitzo at much less cost. Not available in USA, though.

http://www.cnkingjoy.com/cp/CP_en.asp?id=4&kw=Marcus

King Joy? Never heard about this brand... I'll take a look at your link thanks

From kingjoy the model aurora a83 +t21 seems interesting...
From geekoto the geekoto x25 seems not bad too...
I keep my research

OK I add to my list
geekoto x25
K&F SA254t1
K&f 2515t

Anyone who have those tripod?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads