D850 Bracketing Setings

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
sroni21 Regular Member • Posts: 104
D850 Bracketing Setings

Hi all-

I was wondering, is there any way to make your bracketed shots fire in succession with only one push of the shutter?

Also is there any way for the camera to automatically insert a black frame after a completed bracket?

Thanks!

sroni21's gear list:sroni21's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/85 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
romfordbluenose Veteran Member • Posts: 5,175
Re: D850 Bracketing Setings

sroni21 wrote:

Hi all-

I was wondering, is there any way to make your bracketed shots fire in succession with only one push of the shutter?

Yes put your camera into cl or ch. It'll take the bracketed shots and then stop. (Read bracketing in your manual)

Also is there any way for the camera to automatically insert a black frame after a completed bracket?

Not as far as I know, but the bracketing pauses at the ned of each burst so you could then take a blank shot/burst.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Please don't quote long posts, it just fills up the forum with repetitive information. Just replying to the poster or selectively quoting will make it all easier to read.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Nikon D800 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +11 more
NotASpeckOfCereal Senior Member • Posts: 1,833

romfordbluenose wrote:

sroni21 wrote:

Hi all-

Yes put your camera into cl or ch. It'll take the bracketed shots and then stop. (Read bracketing in your manual)

Another method:

• Use Live View, Silent Photography mode
  • Put the camera on self-timer (I use the lowest time setting)

On shutter press, the camera delays for a self-timer setting, then fires off all bracketed shots. No mirror slap, no shutter shock, no noise. Just wait for the green "write" light to stop.

Chris

NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list:NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D850 Fujifilm GFX 100S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
AZBlue
AZBlue Senior Member • Posts: 2,919

romfordbluenose wrote:

sroni21 wrote:

Hi all-

That only works while keeping the shutter depressed. it will not fire the entire series upon a single, short press of the shutter release. You do not want to hold the button to perform what you describe above, as it will induce camera shake.

The best method is the self timer method, that way you are not touching the camera and shake has settled before your series fires.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
RafaelD7
RafaelD7 Senior Member • Posts: 2,094

Good tip! Thank you very much.

-- hide signature --
 RafaelD7's gear list:RafaelD7's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +1 more
Julian Vrieslander Senior Member • Posts: 1,078

[post deleted]

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads