By popular request - a goat thread

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
tony field Forum Pro • Posts: 11,158
In the Canadian Rockies

-- hide signature --

Charles Darwin: "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

OP hampshirejohn Regular Member • Posts: 378
Re: By popular request - a goat thread

JustUs7 wrote:

e268 wrote:

JustUs7 wrote:

Big Horned Sheep. Not goats.

MODERATORS!!!!

My apologies for not knowing the difference between sheep and goat.

It’s okay. We rather like them. Took this in Zion NP.

Having been guilty (along with others ) of getting my mules and donkeys confusd, I'm not going to complain. And I like the photo!

hampshirejohn's gear list:hampshirejohn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
jayrandomer
jayrandomer Senior Member • Posts: 1,056
Goat in Alaska

Shaggy goat at top of the Harding Icefield trail in Alaska.

jayrandomer's gear list:jayrandomer's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +4 more
embie
embie Senior Member • Posts: 2,362
Re: Goats all over the place :)

All below...Fuerteventura Canary Islands

Four from Logan pass hike, Glacier NP

Hope you enjoyed

eMBie

-- hide signature --

"Travel is fatal...for prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" (Mark Twain) - "The world...is our home" (eMBie)
You can edit and repost my pictures until you drop but they will still be mine Please respect my copyright

embie's gear list:embie's gear list
Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus TG-5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR +2 more
Doug Haag Senior Member • Posts: 2,393

Here's my personal GOAT.

G.O.A.T.

We had season tickets during his college years.  Wasn't anything extra special at that time.  Late Bloomer, I guess,

Currantos Senior Member • Posts: 1,328
Amazing and wondeful!

All these posts, wow, amazing animals that are underappreciated and great pictures.

Thanks everyone for posting, really made my day, goats are amazing.

Go Goats!

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 2,167

i have no idea what this is, who he is or wnat G O A T means...Is this some American sport ?

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II +9 more
embie

softmarmotte wrote:

i have no idea what this is, who he is or wnat G O A T means...Is this some American sport ?

Grootste van alle tijden

Google is your friend...

Greatest Of All Times

eMBie

-- hide signature --

"Travel is fatal...for prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" (Mark Twain) - "The world...is our home" (eMBie)
You can edit and repost my pictures until you drop but they will still be mine Please respect my copyright

Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus TG-5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR +2 more
Carol T Senior Member • Posts: 1,074
Thanks for this thread!!!!

I soooo love goats! If my wife ever wins me the lottery I am going to have a little place in the country with a lot of goats! Those and the draft horses are my fave part of our state fair (which got cancelled this year, of course ).

softmarmotte

embie wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

Grootste van alle tijden

Google is your friend...

Greatest Of All Times

eMBie

bedankt embie, soms vestaa ik niks over de acronyms

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit

Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II +9 more
jayrandomer
It's always curious when people comment on how little they know

softmarmotte wrote:

A reverse image search would have quickly shown that's a picture of Tom Brady, considered the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) by many.  Of course, doing it that way wouldn't have let everyone know you aren't aware of American sports.

Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +4 more
lost alaskan
lost alaskan Senior Member • Posts: 1,667
Re: In the Canadian Rockies

tony field wrote:

Referred to as Stone sheep.  It looks like they are eating stones, they are after minerals.

lost alaskan's gear list:lost alaskan's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
softmarmotte
Re: It's always curious when people comment on how little they know

jayrandomer wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

A reverse image search would have quickly shown that's a picture of Tom Brady, considered the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) by many. Of course, doing it that way wouldn't have let everyone know you aren't aware of American sports.

what a very sytrange comment. i did not know that 'reverse image search' existed and still don't know how i would achieve it. What I ws actually doing was pointing out that the poster was making all sorts of assumptions about the people on this forum, many of whom have no cultural reference points in common with him and maybe he should explain what it is his point of view

-- hide signature --

JustUs7 Senior Member • Posts: 1,571

softmarmotte wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

A reverse image search would have quickly shown that's a picture of Tom Brady, considered the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) by many. Of course, doing it that way wouldn't have let everyone know you aren't aware of American sports.

what a very sytrange comment. i did not know that 'reverse image search' existed and still don't know how i would achieve it. What I ws actually doing was pointing out that the poster was making all sorts of assumptions about the people on this forum, many of whom have no cultural reference points in common with him and maybe he should explain what it is his point of view

The poster was doing no such thing. The poster was simply stating who they felt the “Greatest Of All Time” is, in their opinion. Regardless of your first language, this is a forum and website entirely in English. It’s not an affront to anyone else to casually post something many (although not everybody) will understand and find humor in at a glance.

And this is regardless of how wrong that poster is and how the corrupt organizations they support speak to their lack of character.

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS M6 II Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 +7 more
Back to goats...

Glacier National Park goat.  Tagged.

Canon EOS RP Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS M6 II Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 +7 more

softmarmotte wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

Sorry about the initial response. Too late to edit.  Nothing wrong with curiosity or not knowing who somebody is. Perfectly reasonable to ask. My terse reply was driven by the, “...was making all sorts of assumptions about...” accusation which I found quite rude.

If someone had posted a rugby star or cricket star, and I was curious, I might ask who they are or what makes them great. I wouldn’t assume bad intentions on the part of the poster trying to somehow exclude people from a joke.

Thread title is case sensitive

As the OP I have arbitrarily decided that the thread tiitle should be regarded as case sensitive. So if anyone wishes to star a GOAT thread as defined please do. In fact I think if could be quite interesting - it's just that I don't have anything I think appropriate.  I can see for example people, cameras, music, cars etc etc. Of course all must be accompanied by relevant photos - simple claims that "x" was the greatest are outwith the scope of a photographic forum.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
embie
Re: Thread title is case sensitive

hampshirejohn wrote:

As the OP I have arbitrarily decided that the thread tiitle should be regarded as case sensitive. So if anyone wishes to star a GOAT thread as defined please do. In fact I think if could be quite interesting - it's just that I don't have anything I think appropriate. I can see for example people, cameras, music, cars etc etc. Of course all must be accompanied by relevant photos - simple claims that "x" was the greatest are outwith the scope of a photographic forum.

Of course you're fully entitled to decide that but...relax John, it was just a sidekick from somebody, thought it was a good find too, my goatness

all the best,

eMBie

-- hide signature --

Re: Thread title is case sensitive

embie wrote:

hampshirejohn wrote:

As the OP I have arbitrarily decided that the thread tiitle should be regarded as case sensitive. So if anyone wishes to star a GOAT thread as defined please do. In fact I think if could be quite interesting - it's just that I don't have anything I think appropriate. I can see for example people, cameras, music, cars etc etc. Of course all must be accompanied by relevant photos - simple claims that "x" was the greatest are outwith the scope of a photographic forum.

Of course you're fully entitled to decide that but...relax John, it was just a sidekick from somebody, thought it was a good find too, my goatness

all the best,

eMBie

Apologies, my response obviously came over as far too heavy handed. I I was amused by the sidestep once explained, and I really do think a GOAT thread could be interesting,   t's just that I have nothing I could use to kick it off.

jayrandomer

softmarmotte wrote:

jayrandomer wrote:

softmarmotte wrote:

If you don't know about reverse image search, it's very useful:

In chrome:

*right click over the image

*select Search Google for Image

It was a joke.  Specific to the US and probably just the New England part of the US.  If you didn't get the joke it wasn't meant for you.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads