Where is Panasonic GX10?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
goshigoo Contributing Member • Posts: 918
Where is Panasonic GX10?

I thought Panasonic is going to release GX10 is the first half of 2020?

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/panasonic-due-to-release-panasonic-gx10-in-first-half-of-2020

I am looking forward for a new GX10 that has PDAF....

Samsung GX-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 2,019
Re: Where is Panasonic GX10?

Covid will be to blame for that. Keep your money in your pocket. It's going to be a long haul, & you're likely to need it. And no chance of PDAF

Cyvan Regular Member • Posts: 378

goshigoo wrote:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/panasonic-due-to-release-panasonic-gx10-in-first-half-of-2020

Possible the rumours got it wrong and the name was actually the G100. someone might have said a small camera and the assumption was made that it'd be the GX9 replacement.

Cyvan's gear list:Cyvan's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +6 more
Mike Wingate Forum Member • Posts: 55

That does make sense.

C Sean Senior Member • Posts: 2,637

Cyvan wrote:

goshigoo wrote:

Possible the rumours got it wrong and the name was actually the G100. someone might have said a small camera and the assumption was made that it'd be the GX9 replacement.

I too believe this to be the case.

There was a rumour the GX10 had a microphone jack. So I think there been some confusion and assumed the camera to be the GX10 or it was originally the GX10.

JakeJY Senior Member • Posts: 4,841

C Sean wrote:

Cyvan wrote:

goshigoo wrote:

I too believe this to be the case.

There was a rumour the GX10 had a microphone jack. So I think there been some confusion and assumed the camera to be the GX10 or it was originally the GX10.

That's definitely a possibility, but it's also a possibility covid delayed it. There was rumors GH6 was delayed due to it. Right now is not exactly that good a time to release new cameras (if you wanted to maximize sales impact) and with Tokyo Olympics delayed the urgency is gone for 2020 releases. Panasonic was one of the top sponsors so a GH6 release coinciding with it would have made the biggest splash.

https://www.olympic.org/sponsors/panasonic

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR +5 more
ChristopheFr69 New Member • Posts: 9

The G100 has been clearly presented by Panasonic as a vLogging camera even if you can use it for stills.
I think not once Panasonic said that it was a camera in the GX line.
And the G100 has not a clear rangefinder format neither.
I suggest that the G100 clears the path to a GX10 that would be, in reverse, a clear stills camera.
A GX10 could, as the GX9 continue to omit video functionnalities, as input/ouput jacks for example, and so remain a light rangefinder with a low profile look.
As so cutomers could have a clear choice between a G100 video oriented and a GX10 stills oriented.
... my two cents...

ChristopheFr69's gear list:ChristopheFr69's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D200
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 18,280
G100 may be both GX9 and GM5 update

Some people believe the new G100 is the update to both the GX9 and GM5 in one camera.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

It is very frustrating, in one hand to have roadmaps from manufacturers on their lenses products, and complete silence and secret on their body products line.
When you have a project to renew your equipment there is no option to just guess, hope, wait until perhaps, one day it comes, on not...

Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 2,019

Why are people so addicted to updating? Are they getting enjoyment from actually taking photo's, or just acquiring new toys?

Gnine wrote:

Why are people so addicted to updating? Are they getting enjoyment from actually taking photo's, or just acquiring new toys?

Gnine, if you don't mind, everybody is in a different situation, and I don't want to apologize because I am eager to change my gear and therefore spend my money the best way and therefore discuss on some topics.

I haven't waited anybody to take pictures and to continue to do it with great pleasure.

But there is time also to seek a new gear and that is my time and pleasure.

This forum is to share on all sorts of topics and if this one doesn't match to your interest, you are free to path your way

I think the rumour mongers got it wrong. Forgot to add the extra zero. So we have a G100,  unlike the G90, unlike a GX model. Having said that, Mondays announcement will be a new GX10, and a G9 replacement, with a G6 to follow next week. Just see if I am wrong!

Mike Wingate wrote:

Mondays announcement...

What do you mean by "Mondays annoucement".

Is it an expression or is there really something scheduled ?

In perpetual hope, or just a rumour. Sorry to get you excited.

Bassaidai Contributing Member • Posts: 517

+1

And some seem to even just enjoy comparing systems X and Y ^^

-- hide signature --

Bass
If things appear to good to be true - they're usually neither of both.

Bassaidai's gear list:Bassaidai's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +8 more

Bassaidai wrote:

+1

And some seem to even just enjoy comparing systems X and Y ^^

Sorry, Gnine and Bassaidai, but I find your comments useless in this thread. Why are you waisting your time here instead of taking photos, as Gnine said. If you are not concerned just go to other threads, or open your own.

This forum is to talk mainly of gear, otherwise it would'nt be organised by brands, and type of gear.

My gear is very old, much older than yours I can imagine : Nikon D200 and Panasonic LX5. So your "And some seem to even just enjoy comparing systems X and Y" bashing won't make me sorry for my interest in recent or incoming gear.

l just recently joined the forum and I did'nt expect encounter intorerent bashing so quickly ! Do you know me to do that ?

Its your right to find comments and posts useless, no worries.

And you'll find plenty of them. Especially when it comes to fullframe vs. m43 comparisons and definitions of "equivalence" and depth of field and reasons to change system or not and the indepth math and signal theroies behind noise-to-signal ratios, sensor and d!ck sizes and speculations about new lenses and bodies and the fall of M43 generell and particularly Olympus and and and... you name it...

In that regard you might want to rethink your intention to comment every useless thread here otherwise it could turn out to become an unpaid fulltime job.

I just recently went out and shot with the PL 100-400 . Of course you don't need to know that - I'm just mentioning it because you somehow instinctively suspected otherwise.

-- hide signature --

Bass

Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +8 more

I Just don't understand why you and Gnine come in a thread that doest'nt interest you, just to critisies the ones how are in for a supposedly attitude or way of thinking. Point

Seriously, Christoph, you need to stop your train of assumptions... where do you take it the topic doesn't interest me? You might have noticed I read it right until here...

Yes, I found it amusing what Gnine said and replied, with a hinch of irony. So?

Please slow down the horses or you won't get too far here with that schoolmaster-ish attitude.

-- hide signature --

Bass

stevedo New Member • Posts: 23

goshigoo wrote:

I just read the article. It's just rumours and speculation, there is nothing there from Panasonic saying that they will release a GX10 in the first half of 2020. I could just as well publish an article stating that Panasonic will release the GX11 in time for the holiday season. My article would have no more credibility than the article you linked to. IMHO

stevedo's gear list:stevedo's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads