Fuji W4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Caligrama Comunicacion
Caligrama Comunicacion New Member • Posts: 1
Fuji W4

Hi everyone,

Are public any news about the Fuji Finepix W4?

I have no info about the future of Fuji Finepix 3D cameras.

Thanks a lot.

Artak Hambarian New Member • Posts: 21
Re: Fuji W4

I second this question... it is absolutely the time for the W4, or maybe directly the W5!

Unfortunately I expect no one has an answer...

-- hide signature --

Dr. Artak Hambarian,
College of Engineering
American University of Armenia (AUA)

Artak Hambarian's gear list:Artak Hambarian's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon Coolpix P500 Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +19 more
threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,438

You can thank Avatar in 2009 for the W3. Maybe in 2021 when Avatar 2 is coming, we might see W4...not..;o)

Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,076

threed123 wrote:

You can thank Avatar in 2009 for the W3. Maybe in 2021 when Avatar 2 is coming, we might see W4...not..;o)

The W 3 is not bad itself. Lack of viewing has been my obstacle, since I do not have a 3-D TV. A Company Cinera reportedly is working on a new wearable headset to convert such images for viewing along with games and other Blu Ray MPO files.

Twin OLED images before the eyes. See it here. What do you think? Work? Affordable? Good for movies like the older and newer ones/. Yes Avatar. But why not Hugo and Kiss Me Kate....James Cameron is not all there is. But he is good.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cinera-edge-5k-hmd-with-dolby-digital-headphone?utm_source=cinera&utm_medium=edge-ks&utm_campaign=ref&fbclid=IwAR0N2KnoOoxMlpRn26D6upsCG68DnWKboQ2qMpehoAp

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,438

Good luck with that. Problem is the way our eyes work when lenses magnify images very close to them. It;s almost impossible to get rid of seeing pixels. We will see...

Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,076
Re: Fuji W4. Other 3-D product close to production

threed123 wrote:

Good luck with that. Problem is the way our eyes work when lenses magnify images very close to them. It;s almost impossible to get rid of seeing pixels. We will see...

Point well taken,

I am interested in this Cinera product from the press and Ron Labbe's comment  Others on the Vintage Stereo FB page also. I agree screens up close pose  design problems when Weight on a head  piece is not to be dismissed either.

Technology marches on.

Viewfinder on my most recent camera, the G 9 has shown me that great strides have been made in OLED tech matching optical finders.

(I got my Fuji W3 on sale in a blowout....adequate, tiny battery not so great.

.Realist now we know had the adavantage of a taking / viewing package. Fuji did not manage that and they have other fish to fry. Lots of them in planar camera world.

But I am very interested in this device as an asset to some of us 3-D people.

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads