Any expectation for Ricoh GR IV ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
kombizz0
kombizz0 Regular Member • Posts: 286
Any expectation for Ricoh GR IV ?

I do wonder if the next Ricoh GR IV with better spec comes before the end of year 2020?

Does anybody know or predict how roughly the next model after Ricoh GR III is coming? Does it worthed to wait till the end of this year?

Many thanks

-- hide signature --

I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.
https://www.instagram.com/kombizz0/

kombizz0's gear list:kombizz0's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +12 more
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
VSHaverinen
VSHaverinen Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Any expectation for Ricoh GR IV ?

kombizz0 wrote:

I do wonder if the next Ricoh GR IV with better spec comes before the end of year 2020?

Does anybody know or predict how roughly the next model after Ricoh GR III is coming? Does it worthed to wait till the end of this year?

Many thanks

I recently watched Samuel Lintaro Hopf’s Youtube video where he visited the Ricoh Imaging Square Building in Tokyo in 2019. If I remember correctly, in the video, Takashi Arai, the Product Manager of Ricoh GR III, says that there will be at least a couple of years until the next model will be launched. The previous model was launched in 2015 so it might take even four years. I guess that the next model will hit the market at the earliest in 2022. The GR III has sold reasonably well, or so I have heard, but at the same time the camera business is in a turning point. I will be happy if we get the next model at all.

VSHaverinen's gear list:VSHaverinen's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8
mcshan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,543

I agree with VS on this one. My only real complaint with the III is lack of on board or small slip on flash. If Ricoh could find a way to put the flash from the II back I'd be happy. I know...dust, dust, dust but so far my II and new III are fine.

The short answer is there isn't much of anything on Google about a IV.

-- hide signature --

"Soylent Green is people!"

mcshan's gear list:mcshan's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Leica X2 Sony RX100 Leica X Vario +13 more
VSHaverinen
VSHaverinen Junior Member • Posts: 36

mcshan wrote:

I agree with VS on this one. My only real complaint with the III is lack of on board or small slip on flash. If Ricoh could find a way to put the flash from the II back I'd be happy. I know...dust, dust, dust but so far my II and new III are fine.

The short answer is there isn't much of anything on Google about a IV.

I would be more than happy if Ricoh would decide to keep the Ricoh GR IV otherwise similar to the current model but add a tilting LCD screen and a dust and moisture protection. For me, the concept would then be (almost) complete.

VSHaverinen's gear list:VSHaverinen's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8
RicohMatt New Member • Posts: 13

A tilt screen like Fuji introduced on the X100v would be nice - unbelievably thin and completely flush to the back of the camera, an eloquent solution. I’d also like to see the internal ND filter move to at least 4 stops. Also, would physics allow the camera to remain the same size with a f2 lens? If not, don’t bother, but if It’s possible... Finally, it would be nice if Ricoh introduced a small wireless flash system specifically for the GR.

breth Regular Member • Posts: 414

A GR IV appearing by the end of the year would be a good example of a Black Swan event. One like this with better sealing and a flash or tilt screen would make it an Albino Black Swan event.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads