Lowest price on a new gray market 5ds

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Guillermo Shashte Contributing Member • Posts: 918
Lowest price on a new gray market 5ds

Is Canon dumping these cameras in the US. The price has been going down from about $1150 a few weeks ago and now is below 1K. If you prefer the 5DSR, it's 45% more expensive. You know where to get it:

-- hide signature --

GS

Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5DS R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,115
Re: Lowest price on a new gray market 5ds

Even though I have absolutely no need for a 5Ds, at this price it is mighty tempting!  Must resist GAS!

-- hide signature --
 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +12 more
gmcooper Regular Member • Posts: 355

That is an international model from a seller with mixed reviews. You decide if you want to trust both. I'm trying to decide those two things myself.

gmcooper's gear list:gmcooper's gear list
Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M100
gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,115

gmcooper wrote:

That is an international model from a seller with mixed reviews. You decide if you want to trust both. I'm trying to decide those two things myself.

I bought my 5D4 as a grey market model.  I have zero regrets going that route.  Good chance my next body will be grey market also.

I've never bought from this seller, but I believe they are one of the reputable ones on ebay.

-- hide signature --
 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +12 more
OP Guillermo Shashte Contributing Member • Posts: 918

Your objections have been well discussed in other threads. The camera does not care how it is labeled.  It takes the same pics. You can always pay 4 times more for peace of mind.

No problem buying from either of the two big sites. Both warranty that you get what is advertised. Amazon is a bit faster on returns if the product is sold under the Amazon Prime label, but it will cost you a little more (from the same vendor).

-- hide signature --

GS

scrup Regular Member • Posts: 474

If you are in the market for a DSLR. This is the best value money can buy.

A third of the launch price. Cannot go wrong.

scrup's gear list:scrup's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +2 more
1Dx4me Veteran Member • Posts: 9,618

Guillermo Shashte wrote:

Is Canon dumping these cameras in the US. The price has been going down from about $1150 a few weeks ago and now is below 1K. If you prefer the 5DSR, it's 45% more expensive. You know where to get it:

is this on Ebay? i can see just little bit of it on the top right corner!

i purchased a 5DsR for $1550 on ebay a few weeks ago but now i am debating if i want to buy a 5Ds at this price as a back up. i would like to stay with dslr as long as i can, especially at this caliber high rez sensor! i have lots of fun with my 5DsR and learn more about it everyday. highly recommended.

-- hide signature --

We are ephemeral dreamers, like surfers on evanescent waves!!!

txsizzler
txsizzler Senior Member • Posts: 1,756

Guillermo Shashte wrote:

With being able to get a Square Trade warranty with it, you can have your piece of mind. Nice deal!

txsizzler's gear list:txsizzler's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot S50 Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon PowerShot S95 +11 more
MitchAlsup Veteran Member • Posts: 5,140

Guillermo Shashte wrote:

Is Canon dumping these cameras in the US. The price has been going down from about $1150 a few weeks ago and now is below 1K.

Canon dumping--no

Some buyers bought several shipping containers of these camera and are trying to unload them before the "community at large" figures out they are yesterday's toys.

-- hide signature --

Mitch

Macro guy
Macro guy Veteran Member • Posts: 5,111

MitchAlsup wrote:

Guillermo Shashte wrote:

Is Canon dumping these cameras in the US. The price has been going down from about $1150 a few weeks ago and now is below 1K.

Canon dumping--no

Some buyers bought several shipping containers of these camera and are trying to unload them before the "community at large" figures out they are yesterday's toys.

To some, these are toys to be discarded for something shiny and new. Yet, to others, these are powerful tools that can be had for a fraction of what one would pay for something comparable and new.

Macro guy's gear list:Macro guy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +5 more
1Dx4me Veteran Member • Posts: 9,618

Macro guy wrote:

MitchAlsup wrote:

Guillermo Shashte wrote:

Canon dumping--no

To some, these are toys to be discarded for something shiny and new. Yet, to others, these are powerful tools that can be had for a fraction of what one would pay for something comparable and new.

+1

i love that, a great camera for 1/4th of the original price, and it will be just as good and versatile for another decade!

-- hide signature --

We are ephemeral dreamers, like surfers on evanescent waves!!!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads