** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 12 JUl - 18 JUL**

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 12 JUl - 18 JUL**

*Please reply to the original post but change the title to reflect the subject of your image(s) so that your post starts a new section. Also helpful to some of us who are less traveled to talk about the location of your photo if possible

*If you can provide details on the subject, camera, settings and processing, that would be great for people reviewing the images. *If you have more than 10+ images to share, please break them up into more than 1 posting.

Thanks for all participation whether seasoned pro or beginner… Don’t be reluctant even if you are new to Fuji.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D X +9 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
Craving Falls and Rainbows

Hello Everyone,

At 104 F. today where I live I crave cool and clear. You may recall a few weeks ago I posted this photo of Skógafoss on our way towards Vik in southern Iceland. We spent a little extra time not only observing the incredible mist and rainbows but also climbed to the top and beyond just to see where the water was coming from. BTW be sure to view original size. I downsampled to about 2000+pixels on the longer side.

The closest we could get right at the top of the falls wasn’t a great view but the mist did produce a double rainbow There was a metal rail I couldn’t get around so content aware fill was useful.

No I didn’t have a ND filter to silky smooth the water but the next image shows thr water just before it decides to go over the fall. Again, the mist allowed a nicely defined rainbow.

Moving further upstream one sees a common occurrence, numerous small falls….can you see them all? Perspective is gained by looking right at the many people walking the trail. And yes there are a couple of sunbathers near the river…..

And finally, up the stream a little further looking west across the wider fall. More of the same walking further but we needed to check out Vik, one of the few town names we could actually pronounce! Yes, it would have been better at sunset or sunrise but considering sunset was about 11:30 and sunrise about 3:30 we settles for daytime photos

Keep ‘em comin’

Bob

Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D X +9 more
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,148
BTW...

I think I mistakenly said the falls were on the way from Vii last time.  Apologize for the incorrect info.

Bob

Bob Tullis
MOD Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 39,792
Nostalgic? ME???

You bet!  

-- hide signature --

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."
------ Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
@ bobtullis.com & flickr.com/photos/bobtullis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration.

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
Jose Viegas
Jose Viegas Senior Member • Posts: 1,920
X-E1 still rocks!

Lately I've been taking the X-E1 on my walks, these are all SOOC JPGs.

Jose Viegas's gear list:Jose Viegas's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +7 more
hyperfuzz
hyperfuzz Forum Member • Posts: 99
windows 95

plus one from the archives

-- hide signature --
 hyperfuzz's gear list:hyperfuzz's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,857
Re: Nostalgic? ME???

Good set.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,857
Re: X-E1 still rocks!

Jose Viegas wrote:

Lately I've been taking the X-E1 on my walks, these are all SOOC JPGs.

Nice one.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
astonehouse
astonehouse Regular Member • Posts: 265
Landscapes at The Australian Botanic Gardens on the outskirts of Sydney

PP in Lightroom Classic with RNI films presets and enhance details

astonehouse's gear list:astonehouse's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
jtr27
jtr27 Senior Member • Posts: 2,950
Re: Craving Falls and Rainbows

Real nice set Bob. We had planned to backpack the Laugavegur Trail in August, but that is obviously not happening.  We'll have to wait one more year...

-- hide signature --
jtr27
jtr27 Senior Member • Posts: 2,950
Rokinon 50mm F1.2 first day out

From my first outing with my new Rokinon 50mm F1.2, back on 6/29. The weather was not good that day, but the rain was intermittent and so I was able to get a few shots. A local seller of old cars and trucks was kind enough to let me wander around on his lot.

All were developed from compressed raw, using Iridient X-Transformer and Lightroom 6.  I also used Nik Viveza on #2.

Heavy Metal.  A bit of a CA torture test

Finally

Grand Prix

Have a great week!

-- hide signature --
io_bg
io_bg Senior Member • Posts: 1,040
Sunrise at the beach this morning

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II +7 more
tribpc
tribpc Regular Member • Posts: 129
Met a nice couple in coffee shop

tribpc's gear list:tribpc's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +1 more
JS Burnie
JS Burnie Veteran Member • Posts: 4,280
Also craving happier times...

...even though it was a bit grey and rainy.

Kirkjufell

JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Denver100 Forum Member • Posts: 84
Two from Denver/2 from Tobermory Scotland

These are from Washington Park

And now 2 from Tobermory

Denver100's gear list:Denver100's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +5 more
MedicineMan999
MedicineMan999 Senior Member • Posts: 2,280
Another shot of Jack T4+80macro
 MedicineMan999's gear list:MedicineMan999's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-3 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Sony RX100 V +66 more
ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 946
Mountains and flowers

Southwestern face Mt. Rainier

Alpine lilies after the snow melts

Bee

The Path

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,806
Re: Craving Falls and Rainbows

These are so pretty Bob.  Have you posted the first before?  I love the rainbows.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,806
Re: Nostalgic? ME???

This is a terrific set Bob

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
Foxjet Contributing Member • Posts: 860
Re: X-E1 still rocks!

Super nice set Jose, it's great to see some good X-E1 shots.

Foxjet's gear list:Foxjet's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads