*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.11 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Doxa750 Regular Member • Posts: 449
Re: About the Light

Nice color contrast, turning out well.

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 13,485
Re: Animal AF

G Dickson wrote:

yyr wrote:

A gorgeous boy. I guess there wasn't enough contrast in the scene for the G( to pick him out.

Could well be. Previously with African Wild Dogs front lit the animal AF worked pretty well. Yep, beautiful young male in his prime. He may well be the father of four cubs that were born a few weeks back. So utterly content with his place in the pecking order for now - such that he just sleeps alone and doesn't bat an eyelid when a bunch of jabbering techno monkeys (i.e. us) roll up in a car. From his face he has faced a few battles. Male lions do not have an easy life at all. But there is nothing more impressive than one in his middle aged prime with a mane and a pride and not very much to fear. Apart from us humans.... And taking down buffalos which is inherently super risky but pays off in terms of feasting for the family.

A ridiculous reaction I know but when I saw him I felt like asking him if he'd like a zoom groom. Maybe it's because I did all three of my cats today (they love the little rubber brush) and he looks like a contented boy who'd roll over for a tummy tickle. 

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II Leica CL
Re: Saint or Sinner.

I do enjoy #6 and the #12 (second to last).  Congrats  and enjoy your new lens!

Cheers

Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more
Re: Brinscall Woods and the Murky Moors

I especially like the fist and #6 photo. But overall great images!

Cheers

Re: RV travel Italy and France

Love the set particularly the last one!

Cheers

G Dickson Senior Member • Posts: 1,116

yyr wrote:

G Dickson wrote:

yyr wrote:

A gorgeous boy. I guess there wasn't enough contrast in the scene for the G( to pick him out.

Could well be. Previously with African Wild Dogs front lit the animal AF worked pretty well. Yep, beautiful young male in his prime. He may well be the father of four cubs that were born a few weeks back. So utterly content with his place in the pecking order for now - such that he just sleeps alone and doesn't bat an eyelid when a bunch of jabbering techno monkeys (i.e. us) roll up in a car. From his face he has faced a few battles. Male lions do not have an easy life at all. But there is nothing more impressive than one in his middle aged prime with a mane and a pride and not very much to fear. Apart from us humans.... And taking down buffalos which is inherently super risky but pays off in terms of feasting for the family.

A ridiculous reaction I know but when I saw him I felt like asking him if he'd like a zoom groom. Maybe it's because I did all three of my cats today (they love the little rubber brush) and he looks like a contented boy who'd roll over for a tummy tickle.

Even in person I wanted to stroke him!  I know a few people (there are some mad people in my world) that have raised lions and leopards.  The appeal (and the risk) is very real.... We did raise a common duiker orphaned in a wild fire.  Even such a small baby antelope could make horizontal 3m leaps and fling our cat off her neck when he got a bit ambitious.  Norman Carr who was a pioneering colonial type here had two male lions - google him as it is fascinating stuff.

G Dickson's gear list:G Dickson's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
Vahur Krouverk Senior Member • Posts: 1,153
Re: Mini Riva

In this case this processing seems to work quite well.

Re: About the Light

Nice contrast between sun lighted field and those dark clouds.

Re: The wild water at the Kitzlochklam Ravine

It's challenge to pass along water power and noise it makes to photo viewers, these photos do it quite well.

Re: Saint or Sinner.

It's easy to put statue to Lenin if you believe his words and don't know what the regime he helped to create did...

11th photo with 3 "steps" is nice find.

Re: Sky in a barrel

Not only earth is disk-shaped, so is the sky

Re: Brinscall Woods and the Murky Moors

First is my favourite, this colour is magical. looks like place for elves.

Re: From a recent trip

First is fun for all, for riders, probably for photographer and for sure for viewers.

fireplace33
fireplace33 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,912
Re: The wild water at the Kitzlochklam Ravine

Vahur Krouverk wrote:

It's challenge to pass along water power and noise it makes to photo viewers, these photos do it quite well.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

www.fireplace-photography.com

fireplace33's gear list:fireplace33's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony RX100 VI +25 more
Paul GB Forum Member • Posts: 87

G Dickson wrote:

Great set. The padlock on the wire I would like to know more. The SS was really high but it almost looks like the wire was moving up and down but you got the padlock perfectly sharp.

Thanks, very kind.

The padlock and wire both static. I think the blur from the 7artisans 35mm is crazy. Padlock is sharp. It made me wonder when I edited it. RAW in capture one.

P

Paul GB's gear list:Paul GB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH 7artisans 35mm F1.2 +4 more
Everything goes

Didn't know that great reed-warblers eat fish, but for feeding offspring everything goes.

Is it safe out there? Gread reed-warbler.

Sedge warbler singing

Hatch of goosander.

fireplace33
Re: Everything goes

I guess finding out about how they live and feed is part of the fun of bird photography.

Nice shots!

-- hide signature --

Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony RX100 VI +25 more
fireplace33

yyr wrote:

G Dickson wrote:

yyr wrote:

I bet he would have liked that. A nice groom before his fresh meat dinner

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

-- hide signature --

fireplace33

WOW, impressive animal !!!

-- hide signature --

fireplace33

Nice and varied set

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads