R or R6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Chris_From_Holland New Member • Posts: 10
R or R6?

Hello,

I was thinking of getting an EOS-R to side by my 6DMkII, but since yesterday i'm getting confused

The way I see it, the R5 would not be putting my money on the right place (if I had the money to spend anyway). I don't do video.

The R6 however looks appealing. I'm however puzzled with the sensor size @20Mpx (when the 6D Mk has 26 & the R ~30).
I grasp that when it comes to Mpx, more is not always better, but I struggle to grasp what I should expect with a 20Mpx vs 26 or 30.
I mostly do concert photo, so while I try not to crop (excuse my OCD there ;)), it happens.

In short, while i started to settle down on getting an R when the concerts will safely restart, the R6 is very appealing EXCEPT for it's sensor size and I wonder if I should worry about that or not.

Thanks!
Chris

Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
juanmaasecas
juanmaasecas Senior Member • Posts: 1,054
Re: R or R6?

Chris_From_Holland wrote:

Hello,

I was thinking of getting an EOS-R to side by my 6DMkII, but since yesterday i'm getting confused

The way I see it, the R5 would not be putting my money on the right place (if I had the money to spend anyway). I don't do video.

The R6 however looks appealing. I'm however puzzled with the sensor size @20Mpx (when the 6D Mk has 26 & the R ~30).
I grasp that when it comes to Mpx, more is not always better, but I struggle to grasp what I should expect with a 20Mpx vs 26 or 30.
I mostly do concert photo, so while I try not to crop (excuse my OCD there ;)), it happens.

In short, while i started to settle down on getting an R when the concerts will safely restart, the R6 is very appealing EXCEPT for it's sensor size and I wonder if I should worry about that or not.

Thanks!
Chris

I feel the same.

Also the R is cheaper and has better screen. I don't need video, but I was waiting for a EOS R with IBIS.

juanmaasecas's gear list:juanmaasecas's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Sony a7 III Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +6 more
mcslsk Veteran Member • Posts: 5,638

Will most likely sell my R and buy the R6. Just waiting for reviews on sensor performance. 20MP are enough for how I use my camera. If larger pixel help noise and DR, great.

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +53 more
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 9,089

juanmaasecas wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!
Chris

I feel the same.

Also the R is cheaper and has better screen. I don't need video, but I was waiting for a EOS R with IBIS.

Ask yourself which lenses appeal and why you even need ibis, r is going to be even cheaper soon! The wise choice is r

juanmaasecas
juanmaasecas Senior Member • Posts: 1,054

Advent1sam wrote:

juanmaasecas wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!
Chris

I feel the same.

Ask yourself which lenses appeal and why you even need ibis, r is going to be even cheaper soon! The wise choice is r

Mostly keep my sigma 35 1.4, my Tamron 17-35 2.8, my Canon 70-200 f4 non-is, buy the Samyang 85 1.4 for the RF mount and use my Canon 50 1.8 Stm. As you see, no ois lenses, I rely on ibis and that’s my premise to switch from Sony to Canon...

juanmaasecas's gear list:juanmaasecas's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Sony a7 III Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads