Another Shutterstock complaint.......

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356
Another Shutterstock complaint.......

So I turned off license to sell in the Settings in solidarity to every one who is not getting paid and now Shutterstock is hiding my photos in retaliation. Maybe even deleting but I can't tell because I don't see them but according to so called expert, hiding. About 75% are gone.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

Weegee
Weegee Senior Member • Posts: 2,731
You soon will have to eat sushi remnants!

Remember when we thought that $ 1./image was highway robbery? How do you like the present .10 cent/image! Goes to show what people think of photos. Soon it will be " a dime a dozen."

Tom_N Forum Pro • Posts: 17,923
Re: Another Shutterstock complaint.......

SushiEater wrote:

So I turned off license to sell in the Settings in solidarity to every one who is not getting paid and now Shutterstock is hiding my photos in retaliation. Maybe even deleting but I can't tell because I don't see them but according to so called expert, hiding. About 75% are gone.

Doesn't Shutterstock charge customers extra to use photos for non-editorial purposes? Wouldn't that explain why the default "Usage" filter is "Only editorial"? A selection that a customer can change with the click of a mouse?

That doesn't sound like "retaliation".

OP (unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356

Tom_N wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

Doesn't Shutterstock charge customers extra to use photos for non-editorial purposes? Wouldn't that explain why the default "Usage" filter is "Only editorial"? A selection that a customer can change with the click of a mouse?

That doesn't sound like "retaliation".

I have no clue what you mean. Yes, Shutterstock should hide my photos since I m not allowing them to sell but not from me.

Not only that but message came up saying that if I will change my status (by removing my photos from sale) after I re-enable my status I will not be able to upload for 30 days.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

tirediron Regular Member • Posts: 124

Cancel your account, delete/remove your images (if you can), and walk away.  Companies like this are killing the industry and supporting them is counter-productive.  There's virtually no money to be made in stock any more, and what most people do get is NOT worth the effort.

Tom_N Forum Pro • Posts: 17,923

SushiEater wrote:

I have no clue what you mean. Yes, Shutterstock should hide my photos since I m not allowing them to sell but not from me.

You didn't say that Shutterstock was hiding your photos from you.  The implication was that Shutterstock was hiding them from customers as "retaliation" against you.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads