* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 2,551
Re: Still Life In The Garage.

My friend Dick's garage. We had an Aston Martin on the lift. His 1924 Bently 3 liter, 1960 Morgan +4, a 1988 Jag sedan, another old 1930's Bentley of his.

Dick's tools on the table, not in use at the time. Looks like a set of suspension or exhaust system bushings. I think that coffee had been sitting there for days.

I spotted the table and thought it would make a nice photo. Dick has a very cool garage.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +8 more
bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 2,227
A Friday Sunrise

E-30 and the "legendary" Oly 11-22mm Lens

Filename - E3107072.jpg
ImageDescription - OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make - OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Model - E-30
DateTime - 2020:07:10 05:45:52
ExposureTime - 1/30 seconds
FNumber - 8
ExposureProgram - Aperture priority
ISOSpeedRatings - 200
DateTimeOriginal - 2020:07:10 05:45:52
DateTimeDigitized - 2020:07:10 05:45:52
MaxApertureValue - F 2.80
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
LightSource - Shade
FocalLength - 11 mm
White Balance - Manual
Contrast - Soft
Saturation - Low
Sharpness - Normal

EZGritz
Re: 'Athos'

Classic yacht!

Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +8 more
EZGritz
Re: A Friday Sunrise

Great colors

WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,432
Re: No Filters for Andrew....!

Nice result, Bruce .... interesting capture and color ...  seems to be little wind at ground level as the bush has little blur ... no standing waves in the lee of the mountains...

Stay Well ...

WhyNot

WhyNot
Re: Dog Days of Summer

Fine looking dogs ... friends .. well photographed ...  great IQ ...

Stay well and get back on the trails soon ...

WhyNot

WhyNot

Interesting set of tools – needle nose, wire cutters looks electric .. but then there is that wrench .. and then you mentioned Jag and I thought of a friend many years ago who bought one and had the electric transmission go out … He found a shop that would fix the transmission but couldn't remove it to do the job …. found a shop that could remove the transmission but not fix it .. So he had the second shop remove it and the first repair and then the second reinstall … and it failed .. and each shop pointed at the other … I think he finally had it towed to Nashville to a Jag specialty shop .. and never heard the end of the story ….. but I think he needed something stronger that that old coffee ….

Stay well ...

WhyNot

WhyNot

I do enjoy sitting here drinking my morning coffee and watching that schooner in the harbor ...  I did look up the Athos webpage which would let me look at the top and the bottom but not allow me to read what was down the page ... interest web page  ...

I need to get out for a walk maybe we could find something something level ...  and not too long ...

Stay Well ....

WhyNot

WhyNot wrote:

Nice result, Bruce .... interesting capture and color ... seems to be little wind at ground level as the bush has little blur ... no standing waves in the lee of the mountains...

Stay Well ...

Thanks, WN...yes, some motion blur impossible to avoid with a one minute exposure

WhyNot

Nice .. I see it's green out there you must have had a good water year so far ....  I confess that the 11-22 FT lens was one I always thought I should have as a walk around.... but never got around to buying .. and then MFT happened and the smaller equivalent lenses were more attractive  but whenever I'm perusing the KEH or other on-line camera store and see a used one at those current prices I always stop and think about it ..... and then turn the page ...

Stay well ...

WhyNot

WhyNot

bthomas001 wrote:

WhyNot wrote:

Nice result, Bruce .... interesting capture and color ... seems to be little wind at ground level as the bush has little blur ... no standing waves in the lee of the mountains...

Stay Well ...

Thanks, WN...yes, some motion blur impossible to avoid with a one minute exposure

Actually, I think I like the effect of those cloudsin obvious motion ...I actually thought that was the purpose of the shot ...

WhyNot

EZGritz

Haha, funny story. I lived in Nashville for three years. They had a successful Jag dealer there.

My friend Dick is a past president of the regional RR club. He shipped his 1924 Bentley all over the country to go on drives in it with his wife. An open car, they drove it in any weather, cold, wet, snow. Never mattered. They put on the fur-lined leathers and went!

I thought I was a tough Cobra driver. I'm a wimp compared to them!

Dick's buddy is a British car ace mechanic, rebuilt English cars for him. Grew up in England, lives in Portland, Or. near Dick. His blue Jag in photos below. He showed me how things work on Rolls Royces and Bentleys of the 1920s and 1930s. Definitely different. Seems convoluted compared with modern tech - even 1960's tech. Depends on your point of view. In the 20's and 30's Bently was brilliant, world-beating.

Dicks famous car at a hill climb. Known as #3

And Walt in his car, same event

They drive to this event, run up the hill in Goldendale, Washington for two days, drive home.

Dick drives from Portland. Walt drives down from north of Seattle.

WhyNot wrote:

bthomas001 wrote:

WhyNot wrote:

Stay Well ...

Actually, I think I like the effect of those cloudsin obvious motion ...I actually thought that was the purpose of the shot ...

Indeed it was. i thought you were commenting that there was also some motion blur on the bushes on the ground

EZGritz
Sea Dog

WhyNot wrote:

Nice .. I see it's green out there you must have had a good water year so far .... I confess that the 11-22 FT lens was one I always thought I should have as a walk around.... but never got around to buying .. and then MFT happened and the smaller equivalent lenses were more attractive but whenever I'm perusing the KEH or other on-line camera store and see a used one at those current prices I always stop and think about it ..... and then turn the page ...

Stay well ...

We are in extreme drought!  This area is green only because it is a water catch-ment for a large VA Hosp parking lot, that is just outside of the frame.

I love my 11-22mm have had it for many years, was the first "better than kit" lens I bought for 4/3's.  Paid full retail for it, when it first came out.

Am seriously considering buying a Pana/Leica D 25mm f1.4 for 4/3's.  I don't "need it" but I want it

AVG Regular Member • Posts: 224
Caught A Thief

My days at home with this world bug is to feed the birds. I had to buy this squirrel safe bird feeder to keep these tree rats from stealing bird food. They are smart squirrels he would get on top of the feeder and shake it to drop some food to the ground.

AVG's gear list:AVG's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +1 more
Re: Caught A Thief

Like this:

19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,147

A fine looking vessel Dave.  Obviously it would require a significant crew to sail.  A friend has a 37 ft C&C but even that is much more work than I would like.  Nice that it costs next to nothing to go somewhere but then there is the maintenance, seasonal dockage fees, and the here, the costs of hauling it out of the water before winter and putting it back in come spring (taking down the mast too!).  I have been out on a sail boat a few times and moving along in silence is an enjoyable experience, as long as I don't have to do the work or pay for it all!

A nice set to see Dave.  203 ft is quite large for a sail driven boat I imagine.

Andrew

CalNature Senior Member • Posts: 1,552
Re: Dog Days of Summer

Two great dog breeds. In my family history we have had or now have them. Well currently, we just have a little hot dog.  Adorable!

CalNature Senior Member • Posts: 1,552

A warm scene of nice things. During the pandemic many of us are furthering the zen and art of shop maintenance!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads