R6 leaked article from Nokishita - EVF same as EOS R

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Jx9 Regular Member • Posts: 160
R6 leaked article from Nokishita - EVF same as EOS R

Jx9's gear list:Jx9's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS M50 Sony a7 III Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II +12 more
Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
simjn Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: R6 leaked article from Nokishita - EVF same as EOS R

So the R6 EVF isn't shared with the R5 as rumors suggested? The R6 is looking well overpriced and the R5 worth the extra money.

quiquae Senior Member • Posts: 1,905
It's not the same EVF as EOS R

Jx9 wrote:

Same resolution, but enhanced frame rate. That no longer makes it the same thing.

quiquae's gear list:quiquae's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +10 more
Happy Dad Regular Member • Posts: 122

simjn wrote:

So the R6 EVF isn't shared with the R5 as rumors suggested? The R6 is looking well overpriced and the R5 worth the extra money.

I was first interested in the R6 but the R5 looks too good to pass on.  Everything I could ever want for years.

rrc1967 Senior Member • Posts: 1,486

simjn wrote:

rumors never suggested that.

whumber
whumber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,287

rrc1967 wrote:

simjn wrote:

CanonRumors wrote:

Canon EOS R6 Specifications: (New information in BOLD)

• 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
  • IBIS
  • 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
  • Oversampled 5K Video
  • 4K @ 60p
  • FullHD @ 120p
  • Canon Log
  • 10-bit
  • Zebras
  • AF identical to the EOS R5
  • No RAW video mode
  • Dual SD UHS-II slots
  • Head detection AF
  • Animal detection AF
  • Identical 5 million dot EVF as the EOS R5
  • No top-down screen
  • Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
  • Bluetooth 4.2 (EOS R5 to get Bluetooth 5.0)
  • LP-E6NH Battery (Same as the EOS R5)
  • Announcement July 9, 2020
  • Under $2500 USD (Rumored)
 whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more

whumber wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

simjn wrote:

CanonRumors wrote:

Canon EOS R6 Specifications: (New information in BOLD)

• 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
  • IBIS
  • 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
  • Oversampled 5K Video
  • 4K @ 60p
  • FullHD @ 120p
  • Canon Log
  • 10-bit
  • Zebras
  • AF identical to the EOS R5
  • No RAW video mode
  • Dual SD UHS-II slots
  • Head detection AF
  • Animal detection AF
  • Identical 5 million dot EVF as the EOS R5
  • No top-down screen
  • Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
  • Bluetooth 4.2 (EOS R5 to get Bluetooth 5.0)
  • LP-E6NH Battery (Same as the EOS R5)
  • Announcement July 9, 2020
  • Under $2500 USD (Rumored)

huh. strange i guess he changed it from the original rumors.

Funny Valentine
Funny Valentine Contributing Member • Posts: 591

So what's the refresh rate of R5's EVF ? I hope it's 120Hz because if it's only 60Hz it will be useless for wildlife and motion. Refresh rate is always more important than resolution.

At least the R6 has 120Hz. But no mention of the R5's EVF refresh rate. That sounds bad, cripple hammer in the work again.

Also a 4000$ camera with polycarbonate body ?? The R5 better be all magnesium.

Funny Valentine's gear list:Funny Valentine's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more

Funny Valentine wrote:

So what's the refresh rate of R5's EVF ? I hope it's 120Hz because if it's only 60Hz it will be useless for wildlife and motion. Refresh rate is always more important than resolution.

up to 120hz.

At least the R6 has 120Hz. But no mention of the R5's EVF refresh rate. That sounds bad, cripple hammer in the work again.

it's magnesium alloy with a zinc cast tripod mount.

Funny Valentine
Funny Valentine Contributing Member • Posts: 591

rrc1967 wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

up to 120hz.

so it's not a constant 120 hz ? it will drop in continuous AF for example ?

I don't know, feeling the magnesium when touching the camera is what gives the premium feeling.

Funny Valentine's gear list:Funny Valentine's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
Alexander Rosenwald Regular Member • Posts: 300

simjn wrote:

Add the fact, that this article speaks about a SD card slot in singular.

Alexander Rosenwald's gear list:Alexander Rosenwald's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS RP Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +8 more
mrphotography Regular Member • Posts: 128

simjn wrote:

Are you kidding? The R6 is stacked with many of the same features. 12/20fps, >4k video, IBIS, new battery, all the new AF tracking goodies....

mrphotography's gear list:mrphotography's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M1X Canon EOS RP Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro

Funny Valentine wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

up to 120hz.

sigh.  it's switchable - like just about every other mirrorless camera.

I don't know, feeling the magnesium when touching the camera is what gives the premium feeling.

try not to get yourself worked up.

Alexander Rosenwald wrote:

simjn wrote:

Add the fact, that this article speaks about a SD card slot in singular.

or you could keep track of this with us;

koenkooi Regular Member • Posts: 399

Funny Valentine wrote:

rrc1967 wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

up to 120hz.

I tend to not peel off the rubberlike plastic on the outside, are you doing that to feel the actual magnesium?

koenkooi's gear list:koenkooi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 +19 more
PhotoKhan Forum Pro • Posts: 11,391

Jx9 wrote:

The R EVF is excellent.

The only problem lies with the length of the image freeze in action photography and that might not be an EVF limitation, per se.

If the freeze length is addressed, this EVF will be quite good for the R6.

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.humbertoborgesfotografia.com/
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

stevvi Contributing Member • Posts: 652

Funny Valentine wrote:

As I understand it, I think you're confusing screen refresh rate with the speed at which the sensor/processor combination can update the screen when taking photos. Putting a 120Hz screen on an R will not change what to user sees in the EVF when in burst mode to any meaningful extent when the bottleneck is the sensor and processor.

stevvi's gear list:stevvi's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +2 more
whumber
whumber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,287

stevvi wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

As I understand it, I think you're confusing screen refresh rate with the speed at which the sensor/processor combination can update the screen when taking photos. Putting a 120Hz screen on an R will not change what to user sees in the EVF when in burst mode to any meaningful extent when the bottleneck is the sensor and processor.

The EVF panel in the R is already capable of updating at 120Hz, it's likely that the electronics are just not capable of driving it at that speed.

whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more
sharkyyy Regular Member • Posts: 152

EVF of eos R is super clear and beautiful. But it needs faster refresh rate (for bif and action). IF the evf on R6 is the same with faster response, it will be perfect...

-- hide signature --

www.nadsenifotografi.sk

sharkyyy's gear list:sharkyyy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +7 more
BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,195

Yes, of course the r6 is going to be a great camera with all those exciting features you mentioned.  Just remember a lot of people are tech-heads and donโ€™t really do a lot of actual photography so for them having all the highest specs is very important...

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads