Panasonic Extended 3 Year Warranty Promotion

Started 4 months ago | Questions
Rochambeaux
Rochambeaux Junior Member • Posts: 28
Panasonic Extended 3 Year Warranty Promotion

Has anyone registered their new product under this promotion and received confirmation back that it was completed?  If so, how long did it take?  Registered my G9 and PL100-400 lens 2+ weeks ago and nothing yet.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
EGuitarStar
EGuitarStar Regular Member • Posts: 144
Re: Panasonic Extended 3 Year Warranty Promotion

I registered a LX100 under a similar promo a couple of years ago. It took about 3-4 weeks for confirmation along with a certificate.

-- hide signature --
 EGuitarStar's gear list:EGuitarStar's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm XP130 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
d99007ca Junior Member • Posts: 36

In my case it took a couple of months. After not receiving the warranty statement for a couple of months, I contacted Panasonic support and then it was email-ed to me that same day.

d99007ca's gear list:d99007ca's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +6 more
Trolleyman Regular Member • Posts: 353

Registered my G90 in January and took about a fortnight to completion

chipman
chipman Regular Member • Posts: 137

Bought my G9 and 100-400 in Jan. '19. Emailed Panny in Nov. and got my certificates in Dec.

You may want to keep this - LUMIXWARRANTY <LUMIXWARRANTY@us.panasonic.com>

-- hide signature --

ron

Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,994
Best recollection: Mine took about six weeks+

No text.

Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic GH5 Sony a7 III Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +10 more
JakeJY Senior Member • Posts: 4,894

Mine took 3 months, but it was before they had the electronic submission process.

With the new electronic process you should immediately get an autoresponse email saying they are processing your request, although the time the actual PDF with the extended warranty arrives will vary. Check your spam.

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 8,863

It took 10 weeks for me to get mine, and that was two years ago

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61437544

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +11 more
acps Regular Member • Posts: 159

Weird - we get 3 years by default here in NZ.

Sounds like they take a bit of time to confirm, as long as you have a paper trail you should be able to get them to honour it with a bit of persuasion.

acps's gear list:acps's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 II Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II +5 more
HRC2016 Senior Member • Posts: 5,998

I got an immediate confirmation, then the certificate emailed about a month later.

-- hide signature --

I believe in science, evolution and light. All opinions are my own. I'm not compensated for any of my posts. Can you honestly say that?

HRC2016's gear list:HRC2016's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
kiwigirl
kiwigirl Senior Member • Posts: 1,840

acps wrote:

Sounds like they take a bit of time to confirm, as long as you have a paper trail you should be able to get them to honour it with a bit of persuasion.

I picked my G85 up at the duty free collection point on the way out at Auckland airport a year ago.  When I got back home  I couldn't find any reference to the 3 year warranty, so emailed Photo Warehouse.  Their response was that it was provided by Panasonic and that I should keep the receipt as proof.  I printed out their email to keep with my receipt, just in case.   A little vague I guess....? 

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +8 more
acps Regular Member • Posts: 159

kiwigirl wrote:

acps wrote:

I picked my G85 up at the duty free collection point on the way out at Auckland airport a year ago. When I got back home I couldn't find any reference to the 3 year warranty, so emailed Photo Warehouse. Their response was that it was provided by Panasonic and that I should keep the receipt as proof. I printed out their email to keep with my receipt, just in case. A little vague I guess....?

All you need is the receipt - I had the focus motor die on my 12-35 earlier in the year about 1.5 years after purchase - emailed support with invoice and serial number then sent the lens away where they told me to. I received a brand new replacement in about a week and a half - its a super painless process.

acps's gear list:acps's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 II Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II +5 more
Barry Twycross Veteran Member • Posts: 3,274

Rochambeaux wrote:

Has anyone registered their new product under this promotion and received confirmation back that it was completed? If so, how long did it take? Registered my G9 and PL100-400 lens 2+ weeks ago and nothing yet.

It took mine 3 months and 9 days, but that was 2 days after I bugged them about it.

I got one for a lens 5 months after I bought it, without bugging them, but I'm not sure how quickly I sent in the application (probably pretty quickly).

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Fujifilm GFX 50R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 +9 more
Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,994
3 months and 18 days

My earlier post about this was incorrect. Mine took exactly 3 months and 18 days on the last one I sent in.

I'm still looking for the records on one I sent a year or so before that.

Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic GH5 Sony a7 III Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +10 more
Rochambeaux
OP Rochambeaux Junior Member • Posts: 28

Thanks everyone.  I did verify that I got a confirmation email that it was submitted.  I saved them along with a copy of the receipt and photo of the box with the serial number.  Since I purchased the G9 body and the PL100-400 using my CitiBank card, I'll get a total of 5 years warranty coverage:  3 years from Panasonic and CitiBank adds up to 2.

JakeJY Senior Member • Posts: 4,894

Rochambeaux wrote:

Thanks everyone. I did verify that I got a confirmation email that it was submitted. I saved them along with a copy of the receipt and photo of the box with the serial number. Since I purchased the G9 body and the PL100-400 using my CitiBank card, I'll get a total of 5 years warranty coverage: 3 years from Panasonic and CitiBank adds up to 2.

You will also get an official PDF that states your exact warranty period and details, a copy of which you would submit if you need service beyond the 1 year standard warranty.

So basically if you don't get that in around 3 months, I would follow up.

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Bigeloafah New Member • Posts: 22

Belated thanks for this thread!  I had completely forgotten to register a purchase from back in May and didn't realize you have to submit your paperwork within 60 days.  Maybe the deadline isn't hard and fast, but I have no interest in finding out!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads