sigma quattro + 30mm lens - price?

Started 2 months ago | Questions
ushere
ushere Regular Member • Posts: 341
sigma quattro + 30mm lens - price?

hi, am finally hanging up my cameras and retiring.

have my quatro and 30mm lens, both in excellent condition, spare couple of batteries, original box, etc.,

what would be a fair price to ask for them (in australia, so aus$ figure would be good?)

thinking to advertise here and ebay, though any other ideas / thoughts most welcome.

leslie

-- hide signature --
 ushere's gear list:ushere's gear list
Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
atom14
atom14 Senior Member • Posts: 2,490
Re: sigma quattro + 30mm lens - price?

Hi, Leslie.

[Strikeout} What are the "+2 more" in:

"...

ushere's gear list:
Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +2 more..." [/Strikeout]

atom14.

PS: Sorry. This time id did take me to your gear page and I see they are camcorders, not lenses as I had thought.

ushere
OP ushere Regular Member • Posts: 341

no problem atom.

i'll keep both the nex 7 (nice little camera), and the sony ex1 since i still do some 'community' videos. other than that the nikon and the z5 have already gone...

-- hide signature --
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 17,520

ushere wrote:

have my [Quattro] and 30mm lens, both in excellent condition, spare couple of batteries, original box, etc.,

what would be a fair price to ask for them (in australia, so aus$ figure would be good?)

thinking to advertise here and ebay, though any other ideas / thoughts most welcome.

leslie

Hello Les, been a while.

My suggestion and what I do: go to eBay.au, enter your items' description in the search field, then select the filters Oz, Used, and Sold. Reject weird prices and wacky items and take the average of what's left; compare that average with the average quality of the listed items versus the quality of your offering and decide accordingly.

In some markets, the median price can be more indicative:

https://www.realmarketreports.com/11-articles/17-median-vs-average-values-in-real-estate

To get the median price sort the prices in value order then look at the middle price(s).

-- hide signature --

There are more ways than one to skin a cat ...
Seba Smith - The Money Diggers, 1840
Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +10 more
ushere

hi xpat,

yep, was fairly busy till the plague struck, but i think it's mother natures way of tell us to slow down, and me, to retire however, i was thinking that at 72 i'm not as agile as i used to be, nor do i have the patience for the clients i now have to work with - why should i pay for a pro when my iphone takes such great pics, etc., etc.,

your advice is terrific, i shall follow up on it after the weekend - i'm in no rush, so we'll see how it goes.

to be honest i'd like to keep the camera, but let's face it, do i really need another camera cluttering up the place no matter how great it is?

again xpat, thanks,

time to streamline

-- hide signature --
Jim Roelofs Regular Member • Posts: 139

Best wishes to you in retirement but at 74 I'm having too much fun to even contemplate retirement. In my book, retirement is all downhill and not on my bucket list here in Aus.

-- hide signature --

Sincerest regards, Jim Roelofs
You're invited to visit my humble portfolio @ pbase.com/jrdigitalart
Tame birds sing of freedom, wild birds fly. (John Lennon)
"whatever the system wants – we oppose – whatever the system opposes – we want" Mao

ushere

hi jim,

when i say 'retire' i mean from commercial work. i still enjoy 'pottering' around with photography, hence keeping the nex, but i'm done with the schlepping lights, tripods, etc., though i'll still do the odd commercial video work since it pays so well.

meanwhile i have 5 acres to look after and a wife whose list of things to do seems never ending

-- hide signature --
jande9
jande9 Senior Member • Posts: 1,517

ushere wrote:

hi jim,

when i say 'retire' i mean from commercial work. i still enjoy 'pottering' around with photography, hence keeping the nex, but i'm done with the schlepping lights, tripods, etc., though i'll still do the odd commercial video work since it pays so well.

meanwhile i have 5 acres to look after and a wife whose list of things to do seems never ending

Ah yes.  The honeydew list.  Honey do this, honey do that....

Jan

jande9's gear list:jande9's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Sigma DP1s Sigma DP2 Merrill Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha NEX-7 +4 more
PCummins Regular Member • Posts: 197

ushere wrote:

have my quatro and 30mm lens, both in excellent condition, spare couple of batteries, original box, etc.,

As xpatUSA mentions checking the sold/completed listings in eBay is a good indicator of what people are willing to spend on the Quattro.

If you bought from CRKennedy you may want to check the warranty status and whether it is fine to pass onto another Australian user (since they won't service grey market goods) as that avoids complications from ordering from overseas cameras warranty wise (or sell back to where you purchased it country wise).

eBay seems to indicate around $750 AUD, with perhaps $150 for the Art lens (ie $900 - $950?). New now is $1700 AUD + $770 for the 30mm Art, I think the kit was originally around $1400 AUD from memory when it came out so the current CRK pricing is not always indicative of how much it should be (probably still priced high due to the weakened AUD and currency conversions).

Jim Roelofs Regular Member • Posts: 139

ushere wrote:

hi jim,

My suggestion is don't waste time standing in her way, let her take care of her list.

-- hide signature --

Sincerest regards, Jim Roelofs
You're invited to visit my humble portfolio @ pbase.com/jrdigitalart
Tame birds sing of freedom, wild birds fly. (John Lennon)
"whatever the system wants – we oppose – whatever the system opposes – we want" Mao

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads