R6 vs RP size

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
lightnchade Regular Member • Posts: 257
R6 vs RP size

A number of posts about the size the R6, so here's a comparison I made to the RP by aligning the mount size:

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Dexter Jackson
Dexter Jackson Regular Member • Posts: 167
Re: R6 vs RP size

lightnchade wrote:

A number of posts about the size the R6, so here's a comparison I made to the RP by aligning the mount size:

As an owner of two RPs, the size of the R6 looks perfect to me. The RP is too small for me personally, thankfully there are 3rd party battery grips for it which I bought as soon as they were released. Well be a welcome change to have a slightly larger body and hopefully we see battery grips for it by end of the year when I will be looking to buy one.

simjn Forum Member • Posts: 57

Battery grip to be announced Thursday in two versions, one having wifi functionality.

Patchy Regular Member • Posts: 123

Your comparison shows the R not the RP. You should change the title of the thread or correct  the picture.

OP lightnchade Regular Member • Posts: 257

Patchy wrote:

Your comparison shows the R not the RP. You should change the title of the thread or correct the picture.

What makes you think that?

Image used was this:

https://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eosrp

Patchy Regular Member • Posts: 123

I have to apologize. I was not aware that the RP has just the R logo at the front. Thanks for your hint.

OP lightnchade Regular Member • Posts: 257

Patchy wrote:

I have to apologize. I was not aware that the RP has just the R logo at the front. Thanks for your hint.

No worries šŸ™šŸ»

Dexter Jackson
Dexter Jackson Regular Member • Posts: 167

simjn wrote:

Battery grip to be announced Thursday in two versions, one having wifi functionality.

Yes but I'm sure its going to cost about $400 too. I'll wait for the $99 Vello gripĀ  I've owned Vello grips for half a dozen Canon cameras and love them. Currently using the Vello grip for the RP. I never buy Canon's grips, way too expensive.

JConrad Regular Member • Posts: 119

The grip extension from Canon makes the RP very comfortable to hold. Really nice and the ergonomics continue the slope of the back and make it feel like it is natively part of the camera .

JConrad's gear list:JConrad's gear list
Sony a6400 Canon EOS RP Sony a7R IV Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +15 more
koenkooi Regular Member • Posts: 399

JConrad wrote:

The grip extension from Canon makes the RP very comfortable to hold. Really nice and the ergonomics continue the slope of the back and make it feel like it is natively part of the camera .

Another +1 on the EG-E1 from me, it massively improves the feel for me.

koenkooi's gear list:koenkooi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads