Firmware whishlist ?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
seph Regular Member • Posts: 186
Firmware whishlist ?

Hi,

Is there a way to contact Nikon and tell them about improvements we are expecting ?

The more I read the forums, the more I see things which would be very easy to implement for them :

- total customization of the screen layout (icons, histogram, ...)

- all functions as destination for programmable buttons

- Focus points control with touchscreen

- so many others ...

And one I was so upset not to see on my Z6 : view the current focal length on screen. They are often communicating on the high communication rate of the Z mount, so it should be doable. Even my modest E-M10 provides that.

seph's gear list:seph's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon Z6 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
briantilley
briantilley Veteran Member • Posts: 4,894
Re: Firmware whishlist ?

seph wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to contact Nikon and tell them about improvements we are expecting ?

The more I read the forums, the more I see things which would be very easy to implement for them :

- total customization of the screen layout (icons, histogram, ...)

- all functions as destination for programmable buttons

- Focus points control with touchscreen

It's already possible to select an AF point by tapping the rear monitor screen.

- so many others ...

And one I was so upset not to see on my Z6 : view the current focal length on screen. They are often communicating on the high communication rate of the Z mount, so it should be doable. Even my modest E-M10 provides that.

briantilley's gear list:briantilley's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +20 more
NJani Regular Member • Posts: 318

My biggest wish is the multi expo in RAW not in jpeg.

Hope Nikon reads this.

-- hide signature --

Cheers János

NJani's gear list:NJani's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +4 more
PLShutterbug Contributing Member • Posts: 527

I suggest writing a message to support, and asking that your wishlist be routed to the “Z Cameras Product Manager.”

PLShutterbug's gear list:PLShutterbug's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon D7100 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +4 more
bokemon Regular Member • Posts: 421

I have a Nikon user account, and every time I email support for feature suggestions, I just get generic auto reply.  Plus the features I ask for (that aren't hard to implement) haven't been done for over a year.  So I gave up.

bokemon's gear list:bokemon's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic G85 Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +15 more
Gollan Contributing Member • Posts: 874
Focal length on the screen

I'd really like to view focal length, mainly for video.

Gollan's gear list:Gollan's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +8 more
OP seph Regular Member • Posts: 186

I have tried the AF point selection on touchscreen. It is working if you are using the screen.

But the function I am looking for is using the touchscreen as a touchpad while keeping the eye on the EVF.

Very efficient comparend to the joystick !

Maybe one day ...

seph's gear list:seph's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon Z6 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads