**PART 2** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.04

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 10,433
Way too much fun with 50-200 and extension tubes

Been having a blast with the PL 50-200 and the 2X TC, but that combo is not razor sharp, even though it works great otherwise for macro purposes. So, I took off the TC and popped on an extension tube, and voila! Sharp and close.

I am really enjoying this lens.

-J

Melissodes bimaculatus

Haven't ID'd this guy yet

Canada thistle (invasive, but I have a few of these that grow in one spot in my yard, so I leave them because I like to shoot them)

Echinacea about to bloom

Echinacea a little behind the other

Weevil of unknown lineage on a Bachelor's Button flower.

Brocher
Brocher Regular Member • Posts: 373
Something happy for a change

The local surf club were happy with a few snaps from Saturday but the might was dreadful and I said that I would go back on a sunnier (or less dark) day. So yesterday we had about half an hour of sunlight between downpours so I grabbed the camera. They were already enjoying the waves as they don’t care about the rain! Really great to see them out, almost a cooperative family, watching out for each other and others while they all learn and have fun. Much better than those pingy sappy screens all day long!

Apparently the kids were chuffed as they now have surfing pics like their parents!

Oh, and I briefly saw my first hare of the year.

-- hide signature --
 Brocher's gear list:Brocher's gear list
Olympus E-PL7 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +9 more
NowHearThis
NowHearThis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,958
My Oregon Trip, + a Redwood or two.

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and went back to Oregon.  We did the coast in 9 days and had a great time, here were a few of our stops (not quite in order).

Thor's Well.  The shot I've wanted to take for years.

Haystack Rock with my 10 Stop ND filter.

Couldn't decide if I like the vertical or horizontal better, so here's both - you decide.

My CPL helped with the sky and reflection.

Witches Hat @ Bandon, Oregon

...and at the last minute we decided to see some of the redwoods too.

1000 yrs old and 300' high.

Truly impressive the size of those trees!

Thanks for looking.

-- hide signature --

NHT

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 20,788
Re: **PART 2** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.04

#3 is cute. Congrats on the lens.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +6 more
Wormsmeat
Re: More home photography...artchokes in bloom and a matilija poppy

Both good but I think I prefer the 2nd.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +6 more
Wormsmeat
Re: Denver, Colorado Last Weekend

Nice blue light in the last. All good shots.

Wormsmeat

Very similar to a toy Bugatti I had as a child.

Wormsmeat
Re: Way too much fun with 50-200 and extension tubes

Glad you're enjoying it. I rather like the third.

Wormsmeat
Re: Something happy for a change

I like the 3rd but also the last.

Wormsmeat
Re: My Oregon Trip, + a Redwood or two.

Excellent series, 1 and 4 for me.

Doxa750 Regular Member • Posts: 462
Re: Way too much fun with 50-200 and extension tubes

Nice set! If I own Pana, 50-200mm F2.8-4 would probable can be my only long tele lens together with the 2xTC.

I just couldn't really warm up to Pana camera yet.  Should Oly MFT business go south in the future, I shall reevaluate Pana set up once more.

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 17mm F1.2 Pro +6 more
Doxa750 Regular Member • Posts: 462

Congrats on your 25th anniversary! I really enjoy your photos a lot especially #1.

BTW for #4, I like the horizontal better than the vertical.

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 17mm F1.2 Pro +6 more
Daneland
Daneland Contributing Member • Posts: 595
Social distance for ghosts

-- hide signature --
 Daneland's gear list:Daneland's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
woodsider79
woodsider79 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,081

Nice set. The first is interesting.

I prefer the vertical to the horizontal - lovely shot. But once I spotted the footprints I couldn't escape them 

-- hide signature --

woodsider

Wormsmeat
Re: Social distance for ghosts

In some ways that's quite poignant.

Vahur Krouverk Senior Member • Posts: 1,229

Congratulations on new lens, this is one of best lenses available. Works well for long distance shooting and also as a "poor man's" macro.

Re: Saturday shots

R Liewenberger wrote:

And we mix both these names and call it 'Distelfink' (Thistle finch). Or 'Stieglitz'.

First records of this bird here use name "tiglits", which is loan from German (Stieglitz, I presume), so I guess that this 'thistle bird' was translated from German as well, at least partly.

Really nice shots, from these it looks like this trip was well worth of.

NowHearThis
NowHearThis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,958

woodsider79 wrote:

Nice set. The first is interesting.

I prefer the vertical to the horizontal - lovely shot. But once I spotted the footprints I couldn't escape them

The footprints are why my wife like the vertical shot better lol 

I'm still in decisive, I did put the vertical one as the background on my phone, and the horizontal one as my desktop background - I guess I did the right thing by taking it both ways.

-- hide signature --

NHT

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
G Dickson
G Dickson Senior Member • Posts: 1,206

Very nice set indeed.  Are these islands what they call the apostles?

I like the 1st image the best, but they are all great.

G Dickson's gear list:G Dickson's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads