* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 04 #449 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 2,903
Celebrity Photo

Sir Sterling Moss

I asked him, "Rather than ask you how to win races, can you tell me how to pick up chicks?"

Everyone laughed except Lady Moss, standing in the black shirt.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +10 more
Valderdave Regular Member • Posts: 403
Re: Celebrity Photo

Late in life he had a bad accident - he fell down a lift shaft if my memory serves me well - must be about 10 years ago.

Dave H

Valderdave's gear list:Valderdave's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a9 II Fujifilm X-T4 +9 more
EZGritz

I hadn't heard about that accident. He was well-liked, a gentleman, never a bad word about anyone.

One year in the 1990's he showed up at a vintage race driving a Shelby Mustang at Sears Point. Still very aggressive, he did a little door banging and had to sit the rest of the event out.

In another race he drove a 1 liter Sebring Sprite in an under 2-liter class and put on a clinic. He led the race of mostly 2-liter cars for a few laps until the Sprite ran out of brakes. Impressive for a man in his 60's.

Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +10 more
Palin0_0
Palin0_0 Senior Member • Posts: 1,842

That’s why he is a legend, as most of the drivers of the sixties and seventies....real gentlemans

-- hide signature --

The Best Camera is the one that you have on your Hands.

Palin0_0's gear list:Palin0_0's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
EZGritz

And one of the fastest drivers in sports and open-wheel cars with a great win record. His record in the Mille will stand forever since the race ended in 1957.

In those days you could count the great ones on one hand. Fangio, Moss, Clark, Nuvalari if you go back a few more years. I don't think anybody else was in that class.

19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,663
Re: * final try

Helps to have the right lens Roy!  I was going to comment on the use of the 12 -50 but I was not sure if it was supported or not so I said nothing.  I have that lens so I ought to have known.

The EM1ii will stack more images than the EM1i if I recall correctly.  That means more images on the card though!

The mushroom turned out well this time!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: iggy is bad news

That looks pretty large Brian.  No idea what they eat.  I enjoyed seeing them when we were in the Caribbean on holidays a few times.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: July 4 camping in Colorado

A riot of colour Bruce!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: the garden

A fine looking garden with lots of colour still.  We are in between at the moment.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: The Hills Are Alive...

The people look as usual while the landscape does not.  How does that work Bruce?

Andrew

19andrew47

That is a beauty Bruce!

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: By the river.

Very nice results Dave!

Andrew

19andrew47

There is a name from the really distant past.  I watched Ford vs. Ferrari last night.  More nostalgia.  I recall listening to part of the race on the radio at the time and the comment of hitting 228 mph on the back straight.  So long ago now!

Andrew

bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 2,246

19andrew47 wrote:

The people look as usual while the landscape does not. How does that work Bruce?

Hello Andrew...

Depends on how much infrared spectrum light the object is reflecting.  In this case you see the peoples clothes....had you seen skin...you would see they usually render a blue-ish skin tone..

One of the most interesting features of IR photography is that it "sees through" atmospheric haze.  Far objects render with vastly improved details than what a normal camera (and your eyes) see.

Palin0_0
Palin0_0 Senior Member • Posts: 1,842
Re: the garden

Alway like the agapanthus.....nice flowers......the rest look good, seems a lot of work, but when it looks like yours pays off

-- hide signature --

The Best Camera is the one that you have on your Hands.

Palin0_0's gear list:Palin0_0's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
EZGritz

Peter Brock told me the track was so poorly lit at night, and the headlights were so inadequate the drivers counted 1001, 1002... during the day from the beginning to the end of the Mulsanne Straight so they could repeat it at night. This is how they knew when to break ahead of the turn after dark.

Imagine doing 220+ at night, in the rain, in 1966 when you hit the brakes to slow down to 40MPH for a turn. Those guys were brave. Ken Miles commanded a tank from Normany to Berlin at the end of the Second World War. Having survived that I doubt anything scared him.

EZGritz
Out Of Focus

I don't know how I did this. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. A technical error turned into a nice image. I like it this way.

Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 8,109
Re: Out Of Focus

The second one is very nice.  If you further blur the rest of the image in post it may add even more otherworldly character.  Very nice.

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 8,109
Olympus DSLR

I picked three random from 2007/8 - Olympus DSLRs. They weren't just "good" back then, I bought my first at Costco and had a Canon and Nikon to compare side-by-side. The Olympus was the pick of the litter!

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 2,246
Re: Olympus DSLR

Right-o!

Remember when Olympus started in the digital game, they said "it's the quality of the glass, more than the size of the sensor".

I loved the 4/3 glass...!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads