Transferring photos from LG LML212VL to Dell 5520 windows 10

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
svejkovat Junior Member • Posts: 41
Transferring photos from LG LML212VL to Dell 5520 windows 10

I own a 50 dollar bottom-line LG phone from Walmart. I use it with Total Wireless for my very humble internet connectivity via USB tether using Pdanet+. I use the phone for utiity photos only. No art. Nothing special. I have a nice little Canon EOS M200 for the good stuff.

There is nothing unusual about the phone or the PC.

Please excuse me for shouting here.... but I've spent the last three hours trying to figure out how to, simply, share photos from the LG Android to the Dell PC.

Here comes the shouting part.... Why the hell IS IT SO DAM# DIFFICULT TO ACCOMPLISH THIS SIMPLE TASK????????

My GOD!! It can't get more simple than this, can it? In 2020 shouldn't we expect to plug a phone into a PC and get prompted immediately with a list of options? "do you wan't to tether this phone?" "Do you wish to transfer files and photo and images?"

Just click a dang box and get it done? No?

"Unlock your phone". That's the first direction given for 99 percent of the online tutorials. Without a single mention of how to accomplish this. "unlock your phone's screen"... is another variation. Isn't my phone sufficiently "unlocked" if I'm able to tether it via USB to access the internet?

I even wasted an hour downloading and installing a few 3d party software options that claimed to accomplish this simple task for me. Eventually each one stalled at a point with "cannot detect device". The last one even kept prompting me to keep installing further apps..... three eventually before I just gave up half an hour later.... to no avail.

Please, please, please, help, help, help, help. This is irritating the heck out of me.

Thank you.

Hosebag
Hosebag Senior Member • Posts: 2,479
Re: Transferring photos from LG LML212VL to Dell 5520 windows 10

Plug your phone cord in connecting the phone to the pc, via usb.

Drop down from the top on the android screen where you see notifications.

There will be something there about usb options. Tap on that. When I do it I choose file transfer. Bing! Done! drag and drop after that.

Robert Zanatta Senior Member • Posts: 1,905
Re: Transferring photos from LG LML212VL to Dell 5520 windows 10

Did you install drivers for your phone?  You often have to do that with Windows.

Also, did you enable USB MTP mode on your phone?

Robert Zanatta's gear list:Robert Zanatta's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads