Show Your Snaps...June 29, 2020

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
cdmazoff
cdmazoff Senior Member • Posts: 2,826
Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler..

benjilafouine wrote:

Don’t let go of a camera, it’s what’s keeping you alive.

For the first photo, I wonder how it would like if I processed it with DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI and Lightroom (and/or Pixelmator Photo Pro). It looks pretty good to me or at least salvageable.

Sure... Knock yourself out... I just pm'd you for your email... I'll drop box you a CR3

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS 90D Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,048
Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler..

Cd you could post a blank shot and I would be amazed. My family has been wracked with that awful battle you are fighting. I have no clue how you even lift a camera let alone get outside. You know my rule. If the shot brings you joy its a perfect shot.

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D
benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,113
Re: Fun in the Water - Thanks

Oh yes, this is large enough. I guess that this place must be expensive!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 38,556

I don't know how expensive it is to launch boats, but the fee to enter the park is only $7 (USD) per car.

Digirame wrote:

I don't know how expensive it is to launch boats, but the fee to enter the park is only $7 (USD) per car.

I was referring to real estate. Here, the land is worth a lot. Just a small lot (1 acre) with a simple access to the lake for swimming (not necessarily a boat) will cost 70K. With a full right to put a boat, then it is more like 100K (minimum). And you only have a land at this price. You have to add another 300K for building.

A land sold here recently for 475K because it has a nice beach. The house was scrap. It got torn down and this new owner is spending a million on a new house!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
kdonlee Regular Member • Posts: 113
Alien

kdonlee's gear list:kdonlee's gear list
Canon EOS RP Fujifilm X-T30 Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D) Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +14 more
Re: Alien

What is it?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 1,674

Spotted Lanternfly. (I'm an old biology major and still like discovering critters!)

If you have other photos of this Alien I'd like to see them.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 Kodak EasyShare P850 +12 more
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 1,674
Purple Heart

I have been waiting patiently for these to bloom. Also called Wandering Jew, Walking Jew,  Purple Queen, and Purple Secretia. Or it can be called any combination of these, like Purple Walking Queen Jew Wandering!

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 Kodak EasyShare P850 +12 more

OK, I now understand what you are saying and why there was a disconnect.  The park circumvents entirely the lake, so it's all for the public only.  In Oregon also none of the ocean beaches are owned by any individual.  It's completely available for the public.  Oregon does that a lot, so I wasn't thinking of private ownership that you have at Lac Simon or other places like that.

Cool. I like that.  The alien stand out clearly with the background and surroundings.

Re: Purple Heart

They are a pretty flower with the three pedals.  I like seeing the water drops in the background too.

Digirame wrote:

OK, I now understand what you are saying and why there was a disconnect. The park circumvents entirely the lake, so it's all for the public only. In Oregon also none of the ocean beaches are owned by any individual. It's completely available for the public. Oregon does that a lot, so I wasn't thinking of private ownership that you have at Lac Simon or other places like that.

Ah. Interesting. Here there is a competing battle for the best spot. But we do have some public places owned by municipal and provincial (state) governments. So it ensures that anyone can have some access to the water.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Digirame wrote:

OK, I now understand what you are saying and why there was a disconnect. The park circumvents entirely the lake, so it's all for the public only. In Oregon also none of the ocean beaches are owned by any individual. It's completely available for the public. Oregon does that a lot, so I wasn't thinking of private ownership that you have at Lac Simon or other places like that.

I do remember my trip to Oregon 25 years ago. We had access to the ocean front. But I didn’t think the whole coast was like that.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

A long time ago, they passed a law restricting private ownership to the beaches.  That's why (from what I understand), people can even cross fences that the state puts up for areas that are dangerous (like cliffs).

As in these examples, people can legally cross this fence even though the sign warns of them of the danger and says do not go beyond this point.

kdonlee Regular Member • Posts: 113

Hike Pics wrote:

Spotted Lanternfly. (I'm an old biology major and still like discovering critters!)

If you have other photos of this Alien I'd like to see them.

Thank you for identity of the alien. Unfortunately, I do not have many pictures other than similar ones with different leg position.

kdonlee's gear list:kdonlee's gear list
Canon EOS RP Fujifilm X-T30 Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D) Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +14 more
cdmazoff
cdmazoff Senior Member • Posts: 2,826

Digirame wrote:

A long time ago, they passed a law restricting private ownership to the beaches. That's why (from what I understand), people can even cross fences that the state puts up for areas that are dangerous (like cliffs).

As in these examples, people can legally cross this fence even though the sign warns of them of the danger and says do not go beyond this point.

Well that's because people are idiots!!!!!  I know that place Pacific Beach!!!!

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS 90D Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II

I went there too!!!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Re: SOOC (2010)

I am looking at pictures for this week’s lines mini challenge! I have hundreds of pictures NYC 2010. Love this city even if I would stay far from it these days (anyways, border is closed).

I can see the Statue of Liberty already! (Titanic movie)

I have a lot of post processing to do. Can you imagine? Never did it in 10 years!!!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,048
Re: SOOC (2010)

Way back in the day, I drove truck and one time I had to haul a load into Queens New York after that trip my thought was get rid of prisons and just make people drive through New York city and surrounding areas and that would be a punishment worse then prison lol, Have not been back since.

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads