Show Your Snaps...June 29, 2020

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,113
Re: They’re finally showing up!

Rocket13 wrote:

Look at Benji being an expert birder! Nice shots,

I’ve been feeding them since 1998... I am an expert at this!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
Re: Todays hike

How about a Klingon bird of prey on the first one?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 1,674

I like Goldfinches. They seem to not mind being photographed. And they stand out visually as well.

Just wondering, how do you keep the squirrels off the fountain?

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 Kodak EasyShare P850 +12 more
Hike Pics
Re: "I Laugh"

That is.....well......weird. Cool, ok. But still weird.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 Kodak EasyShare P850 +12 more
Hike Pics
Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler..

I rather like the bird's motion. I think it looks even better because everything around it is in sharp focus.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics
Re: Fun in the Water

Nice series, it's great to see people having fun despite such a bad year.

I was trying to figure out the float in the last shot. I can't make out what it's supposed to be.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics
Re: Cedar Waxwing

Great shot of a most beautiful bird. We don't have those where I live.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics

Nice set. Awesome wingspan on the 1st shot. I really like the 3rd. That lens seems to be quite sharp. Impressed.

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics wrote:

I like Goldfinches. They seem to not mind being photographed. And they stand out visually as well.

Just wondering, how do you keep the squirrels off the fountain?

So far, they haven’t been a problem (I just install this bath two weeks ago, I had some in Montreal but not here), they stay on the ground and of course, it is not peanut day every day! We have foxes and coyotes here and some stray cats this year so squirrels are on the lookout. One of my bird feeder is a DYI one and I doubt squirrels will be able to climb it (made of plumbing PVC, very slippery). For the metal one or other surfaces where they can climb, seems like WD40 deters them but I still have to try that (seems like they hate the smell). Or some white grease like shortening can do the job as well.

Cross my fingers!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler..

Don’t let go of a camera, it’s what’s keeping you alive.

For the first photo, I wonder how it would like if I processed it with DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI and Lightroom (and/or Pixelmator Photo Pro). It looks pretty good to me or at least salvageable.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 38,556
Fun in the Water - Thanks

Thanks.  The lake is pretty large, enough for speed boats.  This photo was taken when we had partly cloudy skies.

Thanks.  I do my best to get them to smile.

Thanks.  This pandemic has had me do different types of photography.  I think it's going to be this way for a while.

Thanks.  I didn't know either.  Maybe it's a cartoon character.

Cedar Waxwing - Thanks

Thanks.  Yes, you are right.  They do not stick around very long.  I was trying to reduce the shutter speed so the ISO was lower and then it was gone.

Cedar Waxwing - Thanks

Thanks. It's one of my favorites too.

Cedar Waxwing - Thanks

Thanks.  From what I could see on the internet, the habitat range is mainly in Central America to North America.

That's great to see you finding ways to do more bird photography.

Re: "I Laugh"

Nice water drop!  I can see a smiley face at the top, but it does take a little bit of imagination.

They are all nice photos, but the third one stand out to me as being the best.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads