Show Your Snaps...June 29, 2020

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 38,442
Show Your Snaps...June 29, 2020

This is the weekly Show Your Snaps thread where we invite you to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. I'll be sure to comment about your photos, if you choose to share.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. You might also consider describing your pictures in the subject title. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too. Thanks everyone for your participation.

This is open to all camera systems and skill levels.

cdmazoff
cdmazoff Senior Member • Posts: 2,803
Yellow-rumped Warbler..

Hiding in the bush...

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS 90D Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 38,442
Fun in the Water

I'm still spending time visiting the various parks in our area. Here's some people having fun in the water at one of those parks.

Photo No. 1 -The children below were begging me to take their pictures. So I did. Another person wanted me to take their picture at another location but the lighting wasn't good.

Photo No. 2 - Here it seemed they lost their balance.

Photo No. 3 - Trying to recover....

Photo No. 4 - But eventually they made it.

Photo No. 5 - Some more....

Photo No. 6 - And they got closer....

Photo No. 7 - I was able to get this in a different part of the lake.

Photo No. 8 - They looked like they were having a blast.

Photo No. 9 - This pair were be towed in slowly by a boat in the no wake zone.  They were going back to the boat launch.

Photo No. 10 - I particularly liked this one, because both of them were smiling at the same time. I hope you like this series.

Re: Yellow-rumped Warbler..

Outstanding!!!  Every time I'm out taking pictures of birds, i marvel at you all that have the patience to take pictures of them in flight.

Cedar Waxwing

A couple of days ago, I was able to get a nice picture of the Cedar Waxing.  I don't have Photoshop to perfect the background, but I think it's good the way that it is.  I was only able to take two pictures of it before it few off.

I have been hoping that would see some of these birds.  I finally did.

benjilafouine Veteran Member • Posts: 3,015
Re: Fun in the Water

You got lucky! Very nice pictures. Is this lake big? I see a trip being pulled. This means that there was a boat at the other side of the rope.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

benjilafouine's gear list:benjilafouine's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
cdmazoff

Digirame wrote:

Outstanding!!! Every time I'm out taking pictures of birds, i marvel at you all that have the patience to take pictures of them in flight.

Thanks Digi.  Pure fluke!!!  She said, "there".  I went "where"... she said "no.. here".. So, I pointed and clicked.. And dang but I could have shot at 1/1000... But there was also a swallow's nest and stuff and light was changing.. to quikly!!

-- hide signature --

When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff
Re: Cedar Waxwing

Digirame wrote:

A couple of days ago, I was able to get a nice picture of the Cedar Waxing. I don't have Photoshop to perfect the background, but I think it's good the way that it is. I was only able to take two pictures of it before it few off.

I have been hoping that would see some of these birds. I finally did.

Absolutely gorgeous. Well done. Now that is a QUICK bird to get.. By the time I find them they are gone!!!!  Love the bokeh!!!!

-- hide signature --

cdmazoff

Thanks for the smiles you put on their faces!!!!

-- hide signature --

Re: They’re finally showing up!

It always take a few weeks before birds “discover” a new feeder. Last night I observed four goldfinches finally eating in my new feeder. Now I need to find where they’re perched.

Goldfinch in new feeder.

Also, some pictures from a few days ago, shots that I had discarded. After DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI, they’re OK.

I attracted the blue jays in the new bath with peanuts (now they come to drink).

Another one, but in harsh light.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
There is always something to shoot/snap, you just have to know how to do it and have the right gear.
Benji

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 40D +12 more
Stricnine Contributing Member • Posts: 871
"I Laugh"

A little imagination is, perhaps, needed to see the laughing face.

Stricnine's gear list:Stricnine's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +5 more
Re: "I Laugh"

Some kind of Terminator shot!!!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Better a blurry shot than no shot at all. The wings are OK though. Motion blur or OOF?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Benji

Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 2,971

One of my favorite birds, I normally see them all summer but havent seen any since spring. Cool Shot

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D

Digi your adventures are always fun filled with vibrant colors and smiles.

Re: Cedar Waxwing

One of my absolute favorite birds, great capture.

Re: They’re finally showing up!

Look at Benji being an expert birder! Nice shots,

Re: "I Laugh"

I thought same as Benji Terminator! Very Cool

Re: Todays hike

It was 95 F and the birds were smarter then me not a lot of them moving around, but I did catch a few,

cdmazoff

benjilafouine wrote:

Better a blurry shot than no shot at all. The wings are OK though. Motion blur or OOF?

This goes back to another discussion about 90D focus problems and I'm convinced that the sensor has real problems with luminance noise.

Anyways: I took this very quickly just before the bird launched.... (other photo).. I'm using a walker and actually people were holding me up. I am not dong very well. I am extremely disoriented from all the drugs and chemo and infections throughout my body but I'm more ticked off about the AF on the 90D.!!!!! If I knew I had more than a few weeks I'd get the 5D IV on special.. but it ain't gonna happen.  Besides which, the 5D would always miss my shots.. I love the 10 fps...on the 90D.. They actually work!!!!

Here are 2 quick point and shoots into the bushes because that's all I had to go on. Don't like the luminance noise.. and etc etc etc

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads