Strap rings don’t fit camera attachment holes

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
definitelymaybe Junior Member • Posts: 38
Strap rings don’t fit camera attachment holes

I tried attaching an Artisan & Artist AC300 camera strap to my Fuji X100F, but the rings on the strap don’t seem to fit the attachment holes on the camera. Is this common? Has anybody else had a similar problem?

definitelymaybe's gear list:definitelymaybe's gear list
Fujifilm X100F
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
nonimoose Regular Member • Posts: 181
Re: Strap rings don’t fit camera attachment holes

Yes, the Fuji lug holes are smaller than standard, for no reason that I can figure. I'd wanted to buy an Artisan & Artist ACAM-102 in black, from B&H, and if you check my query in the Q&A, you'll see the Staff recommended I get smaller split rings.

I ended up buying a strap from Simplr (https://simplr.us) but you can buy just their split rings if you want.

And you might also consider the Leica 14312 strap, for their superior ring-mount design (I have 3 of them).

Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,559

Simply hang put your strap ring through the Fuji Triangle

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 4,007

Hi, yes, the Fuji lugs have smaller holes than many brands. Here is my solution - use strong fishing o-rings  rated at 60Lbs.  See:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64046156

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
David Lal Forum Pro • Posts: 12,056
Stainless steel

jhorse wrote:

Here is my solution - use strong fishing o-rings rated at 60Lbs.

I'll second that suggestion. I enjoy quite a bit of metalwork and I find those split rings very useful so have plenty in my collection of different sizes from 10mm diameter to 25mm. Just be sure to use stainless steel ones (not bright steel or nickel plated).

(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 221

nonimoose wrote:

Yes, the Fuji lug holes are smaller than standard, for no reason that I can figure.

The lug holes of the original X-Pro1 (before the modification) wore away much too soon. Instead of making the lugs from a stronger material, they reinforced them with inner steel rings. Since then, all models had the same design; normal size lug holes, but lined with a steel ring (which makes them slightly smaller than usual).

Makingtrax Contributing Member • Posts: 911

Seems to be a strap ring thread every few days. Those small lugs are a problem.

Maybe there should be a sticky post at the top of the Fuji forum telling people to either take out the inner ring to make the lug bigger/buy strong fishing split rings/just use the triangle split rings, to fit 3rd party straps. Oh and get some rubber washers to stop chafing.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Makingtrax's gear list:Makingtrax's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
OP definitelymaybe Junior Member • Posts: 38

That’s exactly what I did in the end. Thanks.

Fujifilm X100F

Get it! Strap manufactures ought to make that clear. Thanks, both.

Fujifilm X100F
Re: Stainless steel

Attached the strap using the supplied Fuji triangles in the end—hopefully they’re strong enough?!

Fujifilm X100F

Used the Fuji triangles in the end. And the strap came with leather lug protectors, which seem to do the job.

Fujifilm X100F
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads