* The Weekly Image Thread 20 06 28 #446 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos
Palin0_0
Palin0_0 Senior Member • Posts: 1,218
Re: Out For A Walk

Nice colors you got there, congrats on your garden

-- hide signature --

The Best Camera is the one that you have on your Hands.

Palin0_0's gear list:Palin0_0's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +18 more
Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 11,422

Thank you.  I do love to tart up flowers. Rich

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 1,000
Re: lunch

Palin0_0 wrote:

About that coffee, in 2006 I was preparing to load a dying machine into a 40´ cargo box, it was January (winter) in Washington, North Carolina , we were about 28 degrees Fahrenheit, so it was cold a humid, while we were at it I saw a lot of smoke getting out of the cabin of the truck, I aproch the cabin and knock, it was a Cuban driver making a pot of Cuban coffee, I ask for one cup and que warmed, that this is not just coffee it is Cuban coffee, I did not care so he give a full double cup glass of that, I return the the cargo bay and there was two guys for NC tremble because of the cold so I give part of my coffee.....so to make the story short these guys probably never work so hard and speedy in their life, after we finish the load both of them were all nervous and trembling about the caffeine they ask the supervisor for a rest of the day off, and in the next couple of days Avoided me ...........remember that I ask the Cuban driver for another cup of that delicious coffee.......juts a little story, hope you don’t mind

Haha

I worked in italy dealing with English tourists coming on adventure holidays. They stayed on italian farms eating and drinking with the family. As normal at breakfast they asked and received a cup of coffee. A small one. They knocked this back in one and demanded another, as it had been so small. Often this would continue with 4 or 5 coffees. This was in the days before electric bikes but it was as though they had a motor on the bike...Strong Italian espresso coffee

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
softmarmotte
full bloom

i have been enjoying all your garden pics. some real beauties and her after a little lull in flowering the garden is back on song again

hollyhocks in the roses

blooming catalpa

oniony things (the missus bought them)

the new green house

Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
Valderdave Regular Member • Posts: 366
Re: Lilies

Was it baguettes?

Valderdave's gear list:Valderdave's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a9 II Fujifilm X-T4 +9 more
softmarmotte

dt27348 wrote:

Thanks Rich. I read up on the lens before buying it and it was well reviewed. It's a beast of a lens. Heavier and about the same size as my EM1. 😁

There's only one thing that united France and Scotland and I'm sure you know what that was.

Dave

a foreign language - neither could speak english ?

Re: What flower is this?

My wife says to tell you it is a Gazania also known as an African Daisy.

Thanks better than my baguette!

Palin0_0

Better not to disagree wi the wife......🤣

-- hide signature --

Palin0_0

But.........I,think are the same

-- hide signature --

softmarmotte

Valderdave wrote:

Thanks better than my baguette!

lol

Or could be a Osteospermum - very similar.

Palin0_0
Re: lunch

Love expresso’s......

-- hide signature --

Rich Z

Thanks, Andrew.  I get a kick from making the flowers look like they did in The 60s.

I'm usually compelled by wishing the world could look better than it does to remove every little bit of trash.  I'm just in a dark mood these days and decided to leave in the trash of a trashy world.  That was not for art's sake but from moments of despair.

Your exchange with softmarmotte about Neil Young made me listen to "Ohio."  It's been years but back in 1970 we listened to his powerful words often.  After, I was left thinking that we got through those awful times when we didn't think we would.  Maybe we'll get through these.  Rich

Palin0_0
Re: full bloom

Nice..... lot of working ahead that’s for sure, and a lot of expresso’s for that

-- hide signature --

It could also be an  osteospermum - see picture.

Rich Z

Thanks, Roy.  It's a public garden.  I take advantage of the hard work of others because I don't like to soil my gabardines.     Rich

Beautiful roses Rich - the hydrangea should be blue or pink  dependent on the acidity of the soil - the ones in the image seem to be both from the same plant - unusual. Again you defy logic Rich - well done.

Dave H

bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 2,205
End Of June...flowers

Lilly is finally blooming here....

Spiderworts...we found these 'wild' in the yard ad transferred them to the garden...

Another wild flower that we transfered to the garden

All are from a single RAW from the E-330, a 'defunct' Olympus camera, that I still love, all these 14 years after it was first introduced in 2006.

WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,234
Re: Looking Back ....

Rich Z wrote:

Nice pictures of a lost way of life, WhyNot. I will be on the lookout for some Hite beer. I like to try different types.

I think luck is and will be the most important thing to keep us well.

I wish you and yours luck, safety and good health. Rich

Thank you for stopping by, Rich … Nothing really special about HITE. IMHO. It is a Korean beer, probably brewed in CA, that I buy when at this Korean Restaurant. ….

“LUCK” !!!!???? You have me thinking ... I really don't want this to depend on luck … I admit to needing luck or a guardian angel on occasions when I have done some stupid thing (as it turned out) but this should be different … But, as this gets further out of hand the probability of encountering someone with this virus grows with every outing among humans and, maybe some pets … and it gets worse when management encourages this behavior … I read that we may settle for an antivirus that is much less than perfect maybe 70% and then take your luck that you're one of those protected … I'm a bit pessimistic and depressed about the state of our world … I'm only hoping we don't self destruct in the next 30 years .. after that it is someone elses depression …

Stay well and don't depend too much on luck …

WhyNot

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads