* The Weekly Image Thread 20 06 28 #446 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos
Palin0_0
Palin0_0 Senior Member • Posts: 1,184
Re: "Nature's Miners," on the XZ-2.

I like the photo, it let a lot of interpretations......

-- hide signature --

The Best Camera is the one that you have on your Hands.

Palin0_0's gear list:Palin0_0's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +18 more
Palin0_0
Re: What flower is this?

I think is blackeyed Susan............Rudbeckia hirta...... hope it is

-- hide signature --

19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,468

A very colourful image of the quartz David.

If I interpreted correctly what you said this material was the subject of past mining activities.  Why was it mined?  I presume they were looking for precious metals.  There is very little mining that goes on anywhere near where we currently live.  Gypsum is mined perhaps 40 miles from where we live for use in the manufacture of drywall and there are gravel pits nearby that are used for construction materials.  These are open pit mines that generally fill with water and become small 'lakes'.  When we lived in northern Ontario in Wawa long ago there was iron ore mining that was discontinued in the min 1970s.

Andrew

19andrew47

No idea Bruce.  I will be interested to learn its identity.  It does look familiar though.  Nice to have in your yard.

Andrew

dt27348
dt27348 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,417
Re: Universal Studios: Harry Potter World pt2

My MIL would need a seance Andrew. She passed away a long time ago.

Dave

dt27348's gear list:dt27348's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
dt27348
Re: Lilies

Thanks Andrew. They do very well in our garden. They must like plenty rain.😊

Dave

Samsung GX-10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
Valderdave Regular Member • Posts: 360

Same again today Dave as you have been having - the best waterproofs you can buy and I am still not traveling out. Torrential yesterday and today looks the same!

Valderdave's gear list:Valderdave's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a9 II Fujifilm X-T4 +9 more
dt27348

Raining cats and dogs here at this very minute.

Dave

Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 11,408

Nice, Dave.  Very sharp.  I read a couple of reviews on that lens.  It's still in demand.  It's a French design, it said.  The Auld Alliance is still strong.    Rich

Rich Z

Nice color.  I wonder if the lode is silver or gold.  Rich

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Contributing Member • Posts: 975
Re: walk the line

dt27348 wrote:

A beautiful pastoral scene and a portrait of a handsome young man both shot with the 'plastic fantastic' lens. One of the best bargains ever.

Dave

I didn't want to bother with a bag so just took my25m 1.8 and the plastic fantastic. I can't believe the quality of this lens excluding how much it costs...never have a bad pic with it and because of the weight it's ALWAYS with me

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
Rich Z
Out For A Walk

Saturday was overcast to foggy, great for a walk and pictures. These in the order I made them.

The gardens here at The Home are in full bloom so I made the first four before I headed for the slough.

The Bayshore Trail headed for Mc Farland Slough and Dead Mouse Marsh.

The lowest tide I've seen in a long time. Mc Farland Slough joining Eureka Slough. I had to stand there for a while to catch The Pacific Coast Highway bridge without cars.

The Marine layer is tight but high, as it usually is. I love the fog. This day, 62° here. Inland it got to 112° or 44.4° C.

Eureka Slough meeting Humboldt Bay, looking West. The Pacific is just past the peninsula out there.

I made these last five in a local vegetable garden which features lots of flowers.

Lots of climbing roses in this garden.

This climbing rose bush covers 6 feet of fence and usually gives me a rose with blue sky behind.

A petrified potato, I think. It's as hard as a rock. I gave it a helluva squeeze and it didn't give.

Another rose bush climbing along a fence.

Last one. This garden is next to The Home. I had walked a mile and a half and was pleasantly sore and tired. I went home and put some juniper liniment down my gullet.

That's all. Rich

softmarmotte
softmarmotte Contributing Member • Posts: 975
lunch

bbq yesterday so too much meat leftover - light lunch today

loganberry from the garden 1

loganberry from the garden 2

espresso kimbo

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D5500 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
meow Contributing Member • Posts: 697
Re: Out For A Walk

What colors on those first photos! You must have a lovely garden.

meow's gear list:meow's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
dt27348

Thanks Rich. I read up on the lens before buying it and it was well reviewed. It's a beast of a lens. Heavier and about the same size as my EM1. 😁

There's only one thing that united France and Scotland and I'm sure you know what that was.

Dave

bthomas001 Senior Member • Posts: 2,195

Palin0_0 wrote:

I think is blackeyed Susan............Rudbeckia hirta...... hope it is

Right-o

That is what I suggested to my wife, it was,. she she insisted it was something else.

I do think it 1s a variety of a blackeyed Susan...

Thanks, P...

Palin0_0

Nice and sharp image, I bet the lens has to do something to it, all the lilies around  here are no longer in bloom, to much water...so I’ll have to wait  until stop  raining, anyway we’ll done

-- hide signature --

19andrew47
Re: Out For A Walk

A nice set Rich.  Still your dramatic colours for the flowers!  The first has a rather soft feeling more like a painting than a photographic image.  The dark nature adds to this giving it somewhat of an old world flare.  I like the seventh.  The inclusion of the coffee cup reminds me of a Robert Bateman print, Coyote in Winter Sage, that we once owned.  If I remember correctly it had a Budweiser can that showed through the sage.  I tried to look it up and post a link but I could not find an image where the can showed.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: lunch

Looks like a good pairing.  That said I have never had a loganberry.  Also, it is time for coffee number two for me!

Andrew

Palin0_0
Re: lunch

About that coffee, in 2006 I was preparing to load a dying machine into a 40´ cargo box, it was January (winter) in Washington, North Carolina , we were about 28 degrees Fahrenheit, so it was cold a humid, while we were at it I saw a lot of smoke getting out of the cabin of the truck, I aproch  the cabin and knock, it was a Cuban driver making a pot of Cuban coffee, I ask for one cup and que warmed, that this is not just coffee it is Cuban coffee, I did not care so he give a full double cup glass of that, I return the the cargo bay and there was two guys for NC tremble because of the cold so I give part of my coffee.....so to make the story short these guys probably  never work so hard and speedy in their life, after we finish the load both of them were all nervous and trembling about the caffeine  they ask the supervisor for a rest of the day off, and in the next couple of days Avoided me ...........remember that I ask the Cuban driver for another cup of that delicious coffee.......juts a little story, hope you don’t mind

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads