Looking forward for those cheap Zuikos in Craig's list!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Bluephotons Veteran Member • Posts: 6,748
Looking forward for those cheap Zuikos in Craig's list!

I'll be specially looking for bargains on the Pro 40-150 f/2.8 and the 300mm f/4 !

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan

Bluephotons's gear list:Bluephotons's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
Kubicide Contributing Member • Posts: 515
Re: Looking forward for those cheap Zuikos in Craig's list!

Bluephotons wrote:

I'll be specially looking for bargains on the Pro 40-150 f/2.8 and the 300mm f/4 !

Yep.

robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,461

Don't count on it.

Unfortunately, those lenses work on Panasonics.... Darn you M43 and your shared lens specs!

And besides I can't even win auctions on shopgoodwill.com for ancient Pentaxes and Minoltas, or on eBay for old Samsungs or Sigmas. The bleeding edge folks may talk a lot here, but the retro folks are still buying like crazy.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping the refurb store at GetOlympus might clean itself out...get on the mailing list.

OP Bluephotons Veteran Member • Posts: 6,748

robgendreau wrote:

Don't count on it.

Unfortunately, those lenses work on Panasonics.... Darn you M43 and your shared lens specs!

And besides I can't even win auctions on shopgoodwill.com for ancient Pentaxes and Minoltas, or on eBay for old Samsungs or Sigmas. The bleeding edge folks may talk a lot here, but the retro folks are still buying like crazy.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping the refurb store at GetOlympus might clean itself out...get on the mailing list.

Please don't burst my bubbles! I expect a fire sale this weekend at the pace that all the rats are abandoning the ship. I might be interested also on a cheap  M. Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm F2.8 PRO because I need a paperweight for my desk.

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons

Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
cba_melbourne Senior Member • Posts: 2,988

Bluephotons wrote:

I'll be specially looking for bargains on the Pro 40-150 f/2.8 and the 300mm f/4 !

You will have to wait many years for that to happen. Prices for the above two lenses may even go up. They are too good.

There will be bargains to be had on new cameras. But not the Pen-F, my prediction is that particular model will go up in price, new or used.

cba_melbourne's gear list:cba_melbourne's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +13 more
sbu Regular Member • Posts: 340

I will be watching Oly 25mm f1.2 and 300mm f4 closely.

sbu's gear list:sbu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,495

Bluephotons wrote:

robgendreau wrote:

Don't count on it.

Please don't burst my bubbles! I expect a fire sale this weekend at the pace that all the rats are abandoning the ship. I might be interested also on a cheap M. Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm F2.8 PRO because I need a paperweight for my desk.

I am hoping for some but I really doubt it as I don't believe that many were sold in the first place.

Maybe the 50-150 F2.8 but really doubt the 300mm F4 sold in big numbers.

There was that buy 3 expensive lenses and get a E-M1x for free deal earlier this month. We'll probably see more of that...

Memoochi
Memoochi Regular Member • Posts: 148

No need to wait for Craigslist, my lonely 40-150mm F2.8 has some words for you:

"Hi, I am a clean, pristine, lightly-used 40-150mm F2.8 Pro. I love rainy days, and long walks by the lake in the early mornings or evenings. But, I have a fun-side, and I am the life of the party on Safari.

"So, why is a catch like me posting here? Well, For the past 3 years I have been in a long-term relationship with Dani. But, a few months ago, I caught her with my stubbier, slower cousin, 12-100 F4.0. She claimed it was just a one-time mistake. But I suspected more was going on. They kept going on ski weekends or hikes.

"I just don't know what she saw in him - short and slow as he is - but when I finally confronted her, she said it is all about his stability. And that, while he is stubby, he could still reach her sweet spots. Apparently, size isn't everything.

"So, here I am, looking for a new relationship..."

Memoochi's gear list:Memoochi's gear list
Nikon D90 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
cba_melbourne Senior Member • Posts: 2,988

Memoochi wrote:

"Hi, I am a clean, pristine, lightly-used 40-150mm F2.8 Pro. I love rainy days, and long walks by the lake in the early mornings or evenings. But, I have a fun-side, and I am the life of the party on Safari.

"So, why is a catch like me posting here? Well, For the past 3 years I have been in a long-term relationship with Dani. But, a few months ago, I caught her with my stubbier, slower cousin, 12-100 F4.0. She claimed it was just a one-time mistake. But I suspected more was going on. They kept going on ski weekends or hikes.

"I just don't know what she saw in him - short and slow as he is - but when I finally confronted her, she said it is all about his stability. And that, while he is stubby, he could still reach her sweet spots. Apparently, size isn't everything.

That is so cute. You made my day

cba_melbourne's gear list:cba_melbourne's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +13 more

Memoochi wrote:

Ja Ja Ja! Hi clean and pristine, let me know when Dani ask you to pack your things and you are on the street and hungry, I'll come by to pick you up in my bike!

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons

Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,843

It's possible. It's also possible that even if Olympus is completely dead, that used prices may not drop that much. With Panasonic not completely abandoning the system and Olympus users potentially using their Olympus cameras for years to come, there may be others still willing to buy it at the same prices they're at now. And as they may get harder to get, people may be willing to spend more. Not necessarily, but this is a possible scenario.

That being said, you could also be right. As many people are selling DSLR gear and not as many people are buying them, those prices have been dropping. I guess it depends a lot on whether M43 users stay or go.

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
THKPIC Regular Member • Posts: 393

I doubt there will be a shortage of M43 lenses on the used market- ever. This system has been pumping out lenses since 2008. It's no doubt a contributing factor to Olympus' lackluster sales. Too good a used market.

Consider the fact that many of the 1.8'ish lenses are half the value they were at release. How much more do you expect them to fall? 14mm 2.5, 15mm 1.7, 17mm 1.8, 25mm 1.8, 25mm 1.7, 25mm 1.4 (pretty much under 300 these days), 45mm 1.8, 45mm 1.7.

Used values are what has kept a lot of M43 users in the fold. You don't need a lot of investment to take advantage of what M43 has to offer.

I just don't see that changing anytime soon either. No one quite does it across an entire line like M43 does (budget to pro). That's before we talk about...what is...quite a few sub 300 dollar bodies.

If you have this kind of kit then this announcement really means nothing. Most of these simple designed lenses will go on working for years and years and years.

..and as far as the PRO lenses and even the 1.2's. I haven't seen many hitting the market since COVID. No fire sales yet since this announcement.

THKPIC's gear list:THKPIC's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 8,304

Bluephotons wrote:

I Don’t think the typical Craigslister would even own those nice lenses. 😝

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad
WSSA Member #450

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +23 more
Doxa750 Regular Member • Posts: 462

Fantastic story there...

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +6 more

THKPIC wrote:

I doubt there will be a shortage of M43 lenses on the used market- ever. This system has been pumping out lenses since 2008. It's no doubt a contributing factor to Olympus' lackluster sales. Too good a used market.

Consider the fact that many of the 1.8'ish lenses are half the value they were at release. How much more do you expect them to fall? 14mm 2.5, 15mm 1.7, 17mm 1.8, 25mm 1.8, 25mm 1.7, 25mm 1.4 (pretty much under 300 these days), 45mm 1.8, 45mm 1.7.

Used values are what has kept a lot of M43 users in the fold. You don't need a lot of investment to take advantage of what M43 has to offer.

I just don't see that changing anytime soon either. No one quite does it across an entire line like M43 does (budget to pro). That's before we talk about...what is...quite a few sub 300 dollar bodies.

100%

If you have this kind of kit then this announcement really means nothing. Most of these simple designed lenses will go on working for years and years and years.

Absolutely!

..and as far as the PRO lenses and even the 1.2's. I haven't seen many hitting the market since COVID. No fire sales yet since this announcement.

My post was to make fun of those thinking the Olympus announcement was the end of the world for the M 4/3 system gear, same ones that has been announcing it for the last 20 years (many of them are not even alive today)

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons

Paul Pasco wrote:

Bluephotons wrote:

I Don’t think the typical Craigslister would even own those nice lenses. 😝

Once in a while you find some.

-- hide signature --

Bluephotons

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads