Wacom tablet problem!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,188
Wacom tablet problem!

Hi all,

I have used an old Intious 4 and now upgraded to a Pro S, but something odd is going on!
It speaks with my iMac over Bluetooth, shaking hands, et cetera, but it doesn't work. It doesn't help if I use the USB cable connection as it definitely is dead.
I have naturally reinstalled the drivers, with the same result.
The old Intious 4 works about as well, but it can move the arrow, and not much more. That too speaks with the iMac via Bluetooth but doesn't do anything till I use the USB cable.

Wacom's software tells me I have no Wacom device connected, and yet they shake hands when in Bluetooth mode! I have reinstalled the software several times, to no avail!

The new Intious Pro works great with my PC if connected with the USB cable, but refuses to shake hands over Bluetooth! I can live with that, but I would prefer Bluetooth as the Surface just has one USB port.

Any ideas?

Something is very weird, that's for sure!

Help,

Tord

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +24 more
RHWeber
RHWeber Contributing Member • Posts: 632
Re: Wacom tablet problem!

I have had similar problems with Wacom tablets in the past. They were solved by reinstalling the latest drivers, even though I thought I had installed the latest drivers.  I would try reinstalling the driver as a first step.

-- hide signature --

bweberphotographs.com
bweberphotography@mac.com

RHWeber's gear list:RHWeber's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R +8 more
Tord S Eriksson
OP Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,188

RHWeber wrote:

I have had similar problems with Wacom tablets in the past. They were solved by reinstalling the latest drivers, even though I thought I had installed the latest drivers. I would try reinstalling the driver as a first step.

That was the first thing I tried, but I will give it another try!

With the Surface it works like a charm, so the issue must be with the MacOS driver, somehow!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

LarryRC Contributing Member • Posts: 714

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

Hi all,

I have used an old Intious 4 and now upgraded to a Pro S, but something odd is going on!
It speaks with my iMac over Bluetooth, shaking hands, et cetera, but it doesn't work. It doesn't help if I use the USB cable connection as it definitely is dead.
The old Intious 4 works about as well, but it can move the arrow, and not much more. That too speaks with the iMac via Bluetooth but doesn't do anything till I use the USB cable.

Wacom's software tells me I have no Wacom device connected, and yet they shake hands when in Bluetooth mode! I have reinstalled the software several times, to no avail!

The new Intious Pro works great with my PC if connected with the USB cable, but refuses to shake hands over Bluetooth! I can live with that, but I would prefer Bluetooth as the Surface just has one USB port.

Any ideas?

Help,

Tord

Given that it isnt working on bluetooth on two machines it might have a bluetooth problem causing it to not work properly with the usb connection. Try turning off bluetooth on the mac and test again with tye cable.  Also try with another cable.

LarryRC's gear list:LarryRC's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Sony FE 600mm F4
Tord S Eriksson

LarryRC wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Help,

Tord

Given that it isnt working on bluetooth on two machines it might have a bluetooth problem causing it to not work properly with the usb connection. Try turning off bluetooth on the mac and test again with tye cable. Also try with another cable.

They linked up over Bluetooth, shook hands, and that was that! They said we're connected and then nothing, Weird! And the modern Wacoms use a very unusual USB contact, so I have no alternative cable!

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

LarryRC wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Help,

Tord

Given that it isnt working on bluetooth on two machines it might have a bluetooth problem causing it to not work properly with the usb connection. Try turning off bluetooth on the mac and test again with tye cable. Also try with another cable.

They linked up over Bluetooth, shook hands, and that was that! They said we're connected and then nothing, Weird! And the modern Wacoms use a very unusual USB contact, so I have no alternative cable!

My wacom is the same.  The cable is different and i do think i had to replace one once.  You can get a new cable many places.  You can go to Amazon.com and search for “Wacom Cable” and i see them available for under $10.

Did you also try with bluetooth off in case even though it handshakes something is off?

Sony a7R IV Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Sony FE 600mm F4
Tord S Eriksson

LarryRC wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

LarryRC wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Help,

Tord

My wacom is the same. The cable is different and i do think i had to replace one once. You can get a new cable many places. You can go to Amazon.com and search for “Wacom Cable” and i see them available for under $10.

Did you also try with bluetooth off in case even though it handshakes something is off?

Sadly, yes!

But it does work great with the Surface 2, so I guess I'll be using it for the PC.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #456

I just realized you said new pro s.  Call Wacom.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads