Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Please watch it and tell me what you think.

Also anyone who has big screen

video sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMA1RB7tN8

Thanks

threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,452
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Well done! I have a 28" passive monitor and looks great! The 1080p was a little soft, but the 1440 was very sharp and my monitor is set at 1080px60. Please share more...

Simon Zeev
Simon Zeev Senior Member • Posts: 2,914
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Good 3D! I have an 28" 4k monitor and I saw the video cross eyes. It works OK.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Zeev
Simon = family name so... call me Zeev!
http://public.fotki.com/zeev-simon/
http://picasaweb.google.com/zeev.simon

 Simon Zeev's gear list:Simon Zeev's gear list
Canon PowerShot S1 IS Ricoh Caplio GX100 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Bashir Lunat
Bashir Lunat Senior Member • Posts: 1,018
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Excellent.I like it.

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Thanks

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Simon Zeev wrote:

Good 3D! I have an 28" 4k monitor and I saw the video cross eyes. It works OK.

Thanks

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Bashir Lunat wrote:

Excellent.I like it.

Thanks

What screen you watched it on?

3D Gunner Contributing Member • Posts: 527
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

rablaw 3d wrote:

Simon Zeev wrote:

Good 3D! I have an 28" 4k monitor and I saw the video cross eyes. It works OK.

Thanks

I have some comments:

The 3D footage is made to be seen in parallel view mode, so can not be properly seen in cross-eyes mode!
The depth is too small for screens less than 100" sizes (stereo base is too small).
Rabeea Hawari logo is in wrong perspective from depth point of view (Is perceived to be beyond the deepest plane in footage. Is in correct perspective for cross-eyes view, so position must be reversed).

I saw the video on 55" 4K 3D TV and on a VR device.

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

3D Gunner wrote:

rablaw 3d wrote:

Simon Zeev wrote:

Good 3D! I have an 28" 4k monitor and I saw the video cross eyes. It works OK.

Thanks

I have some comments:

The 3D footage is made to be seen in parallel view mode, so can not be properly seen in cross-eyes mode!
The depth is too small for screens less than 100" sizes (stereo base is too small).
Rabeea Hawari logo is in wrong perspective from depth point of view (Is perceived to be beyond the deepest plane in footage. Is in correct perspective for cross-eyes view, so position must be reversed).

I saw the video on 55" 4K 3D TV and on a VR device.

Thanks for the notes

Thats right, its parallel shooting (interaxial 22cm), and its made for movie theater screen ( at least 200"), so the disparity will be bigger. I think the stereo base will be suitable for big screen.

Its a flight simulator. I shot in parallel mode and it is all positive disparity ( everything is behind the screen and nothing will pop out inside the theater).

As for the logo, you are also right. I just put it for protection and it needs to be adjusted well:)

3D Gunner Contributing Member • Posts: 527
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Good job!

A little larger stereo-base would be beneficial, even for cinema screen.

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

3D Gunner wrote:

Good job!

A little larger stereo-base would be beneficial, even for cinema screen.

┘ŹSorry, the stereo-base is 29cm not 22cm

Tourlou Senior Member • Posts: 1,008
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

It's really fun to look at.  There's a little something that makes my vision uncomfortable though.  I can't spot what it is.

Regards

Ron

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Tourlou wrote:

It's really fun to look at. There's a little something that makes my vision uncomfortable though. I can't spot what it is.

Regards

Ron

Maybe its the color and contrast. That's an old version shot noon time with too much wrong light (sun). Also the text might affect the vision.

Thanks for the note

Rodger in Edmonton
Rodger in Edmonton Senior Member • Posts: 3,320
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

rablaw 3d wrote:

Please watch it and tell me what you think.

Also anyone who has big screen

video sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMA1RB7tN8

Thanks

Hi Rab, it works pretty darn good for me-  I would be thrilled with that result.

My thought is if you take that puppy up during a Blue or Golden Hour or at night it would be overwhelming, maybe play with the blend modes to see which gives the best effect for a 3D clip.

I would look at this as a 100% successful sortie.

The only limits from here is imagination.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards, Rodger
Save Lives - Be an Organ or Stem Cell Donor.
Quaecumque vera

OP rablaw 3d Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

Rodger in Edmonton wrote:

rablaw 3d wrote:

Please watch it and tell me what you think.

Also anyone who has big screen

video sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMA1RB7tN8

Thanks

Hi Rab, it works pretty darn good for me- I would be thrilled with that result.

My thought is if you take that puppy up during a Blue or Golden Hour or at night it would be overwhelming, maybe play with the blend modes to see which gives the best effect for a 3D clip.

I would look at this as a 100% successful sortie.

The only limits from here is imagination.

Thanks Rodger

I did shoot again in golden hour and it was much better

Unfortunately the Gopro image is bad at night.

I will post a new sample later.

Rodger in Edmonton
Rodger in Edmonton Senior Member • Posts: 3,320
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

rablaw 3d wrote:

Rodger in Edmonton wrote:

rablaw 3d wrote:

Please watch it and tell me what you think.

Also anyone who has big screen

video sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMA1RB7tN8

Thanks

Hi Rab, it works pretty darn good for me- I would be thrilled with that result.

My thought is if you take that puppy up during a Blue or Golden Hour or at night it would be overwhelming, maybe play with the blend modes to see which gives the best effect for a 3D clip.

I would look at this as a 100% successful sortie.

The only limits from here is imagination.

Thanks Rodger

I did shoot again in golden hour and it was much better

Unfortunately the Gopro image is bad at night.

I will post a new sample later.

Hi Rab, looks fantastic, I don't have the correct glasses but when I used a divided and cross eye - for sure the brain had some merged segments where I was just flying over there just like you intended.

After your message , it occurred to me, maybe a  gel could be placed in front of 3 D glasses for an effect?

Do you have a recommendation on a basic set of glasses? I don't want to spend the bank but I don't want cellophane either.

I don't have a drone but love the creative concept and rescue - medical assistance potential, some ideas

Flying over a cattle field, flower beds, through  a tunnel, bridge, over a junk yard, down whitewater rapids - why not overcome any low light limits with short bursts of low light for drama say like flying along a fence where all the slats are casting shadows for 50 m or something, the forest at daybreak in blazing sun?

I think the sky is the limit Rab - endless possibilities with " that puppy" as we like to say in Canada.

Loved it!

-- hide signature --

Best Regards, Rodger
Save Lives - Be an Organ or Stem Cell Donor.
Quaecumque vera

Bashir Lunat
Bashir Lunat Senior Member • Posts: 1,018
Re: Drone 3d footage. your opinions please about the 3d effect

rablaw 3d wrote:

Bashir Lunat wrote:

Excellent.I like it.

Thanks

What screen you watched it on?

Sorry about the late reply. I watched it on 28" LG monitor. Thanks.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads