MrScorpio...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
MrScorpio
MrScorpio Senior Member • Posts: 1,440
Re: MrScorpio...

Hi

Yes there is a reason.

Myself and my wife had a small photography company doing the business together.

The company was registered in her name so photos used was “tagged” with her name of course, independently if taken by me or her.

Regarding 2 accounts it is because I hadn’t used DPReview site since a long time back. I had 2 accounts since a long time back. One of them displaying my real name which I did not want but could not change. Therefore the newt account registered as MrScorpio.

Due to the boredom and sudden a lot of available time during the Corona crisis I started to use DPReview again.

If you doubt my honest intention in challenges, I suggest you ask the Challenge hosts to check if I have used my first account to vote, which I have not, if that is what you are insinuating.

As you rightly point out I haven’t used that old account in a quite some time now.

My personal reflection is that there must be a level of trust here. Rather than spending time throwing false accusations around like a private investigator with nothing better to do.

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM
MrScorpio
And next time...

I kindly suggest you contact me directly rather than trolling after my good name in public.

A level of decency could be adopted by you before misbehaving like this.

In all cases like this I think it is up to you to prove my guilt before(!) putting my name in the dirt.

-- hide signature --
Wildbegonia
Wildbegonia Contributing Member • Posts: 872

💔😞

-- hide signature --

'Balls! Said the Queen, if I have them, I'll be the King'.
“Whatever!” - The Millennial. (my quote)

Wildbegonia's gear list:Wildbegonia's gear list
Pentax K200D
LeeBic Regular Member • Posts: 168
Re: And next time...

As a General Director you know tap dancing when you see it. You also know there are times when even the suspicion of impropriety can be damaging.

Tasad is not misbehaving. This is a public forum. You cannot do as you wish in full view and deal with the uncomfortable side effects behind a wall.

Your explanation may be true, but attacking Tasad does not help your case.

As always, good work Tasad

LeeBic's gear list:LeeBic's gear list
Nikon D7500
Skylane Contributing Member • Posts: 873

You had two accounts and used photo's with another's name on them. When you Mess up Fess up and we move on, otherwise you start a urinating contest and everyone gets wet.

Tasad is a known, credible and highly respected member of this forum and DPR. YOU are the unknown.

Your reaction to the facts and telling someone else how it should be done does not do you any favors.

-- hide signature --

Charlie

MrScorpio

I will refrain from any more useless comments and waste of energy.

I still think issues like this should be solved privately before going public.

This is a Photography site. Not a place for someone’s Personal therapy.

-- hide signature --
JahnG
JahnG Senior Member • Posts: 2,836

MrScorpio wrote:

I kindly suggest you contact me directly rather than trolling after my good name in public.

In all cases like this I think it is up to you to prove my guilt before(!) putting my name in the dirt.

Best Marcus.

The problem is not Tasad, but either your (?) simultaneous use of two different user accounts, OR the same pictures posted by two different persons (?). DPR forum rule Nr 4 :

Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Posting using more than one account will result in the banning of all your accounts. Creating a new user account to continue posting whilst on a temporary ban will result in a permanent ban for both the original and the new account.

best regards / Mvh

Jahn

Just a suggestion, you might ask the DPR admins to remove your older account.

JahnG's gear list:JahnG's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K-r Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-S1
Wildbegonia

MrScorpio wrote:

Mr Scorpio,

As members of this great site, we had agreed to respect the rules and to bind by them. The same applies when participating on the challenges as participants or hosts.

I believe it is of crucial importance to keep absolute transparency, specially given the serious and touchy issue we had had for too many years now, about cheating and multiple accounts.

I was very happy to see your return as host, but with humble respect, if I am allowed to say so, Sir, name calling, accusations of trolling, throwing dirt to someone’s name are not statements that display absence of guilt on your part. They show lack of solid proof or arguments to sustain your innocence.

Respectfully.

Wildbegonia

-- hide signature --

Pentax K200D
OP tasad Senior Member • Posts: 1,279

MrScorpio wrote:

Hi

Yes there is a reason.

Myself and my wife had a small photography company doing the business together.

If I'm correct , at the time when these pictures were taken your wife had her own business ( newborn/family photography - not a travel photography) - and you had your own business (IKEA)...

We have on the website some husbands/wife's doing photography business together , and  they enter challenges from one account as ,for example: "A&B... photography". We also have/had many couples who enter challenges separately and they don't (except a few cases) "borrow" pictures from each other.

The company was registered in her name so photos used was “tagged” with her name of course, independently if taken by me or her.

This picture , as she stated , was taken by her ;

... so , why it was entered into the challenge under your name if she has (empty) her own DPR account ?

https://www.dpreview.com/members/3270854026/overview

Regarding 2 accounts it is because I hadn’t used DPReview site since a long time back. I had 2 accounts since a long time back. One of them displaying my real name which I did not want but could not change. Therefore the newt account registered as MrScorpio.

Due to the boredom and sudden a lot of available time during the Corona crisis I started to use DPReview again.

If you doubt my honest intention in challenges, I suggest you ask the Challenge hosts to check if I have used my first account to vote

As a host you should know , that it's almost impossible to check who is voting...

which I have not, if that is what you are insinuating.

No ,  I know for sure , that in the past 3 years you did not vote from the second  account.

As you rightly point out I haven’t used that old account in a quite some time now.

My personal reflection is that there must be a level of trust here. Rather than spending time throwing false accusations around like a private investigator with nothing better to do.

MrScorpio wrote:

I never use PM's in cases like this...

These are screenshots of screenshots taken 3 years ago when  I've noticed  your 2 accounts and the pictures taken by your wife  entered into challenges under your name :

I was "quiet" about the case for the past 3 years , but recently I've noticed that you activated the second account  and you use again  the pictures "tagged" by your wife name... so , I was curious to ask you some questions.

MrScorpio wrote:

I hope , that soon I will have a chance to show you what I do ( regarding challenges , of course) when I have "nothing better to do"...

New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 4,891

tasad wrote:

MrScorpio wrote:

Why not?

Your OP began by asking Mr Scorpio / Markus a question. Why not ask him directly and give him the opportunity to respond, rather asking publicly and immediately putting all your evidence in display.

You have put the onus on him to prove his innocence, which seems unfair.

These are screenshots of screenshots taken 3 years ago when I've noticed your 2 accounts and the pictures taken by your wife entered into challenges under your name :

I was "quiet" about the case for the past 3 years , but recently I've noticed that you activated the second account and you use again the pictures "tagged" by your wife name... so , I was curious to ask you some questions.

-- hide signature --

"You should take photos of whatever you want. That's punk" - Joe Strummer

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D50 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 550D Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +13 more

New Day Rising wrote:

tasad wrote:

MrScorpio wrote:

Why not?

Your OP began by asking Mr Scorpio / Markus a question. Why not ask him directly and give him the opportunity to respond, rather asking publicly and immediately putting all your evidence in display.

You have put the onus on him to prove his innocence, which seems unfair.

Cheating in challenges is not a private matter. If I have  something to ask a cheater , I always do it publicly - newer thru a P.M. ...

Bill Thoo Regular Member • Posts: 232

Civil behaviour is lacking in the challenge forums. It is absolutely correct to DM someone before attacking them publicly. There is something pathologically absurd with Tasad’s obsessiveness that is quite disturbing. I also find cowardice in those that hide bravely behind digital personas.

Bill Thoo's gear list:Bill Thoo's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Sony a7R II Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +2 more

Bill Thoo wrote:

There is something pathologically absurd with Tasad’s obsessiveness that is quite disturbing.

Thank  you doctor for the diagnose ..  In the past  8  years , I have been  similarly diagnosed  here many times...

Wildbegonia

Bill Thoo wrote:

With due respect:

Civil behaviour is lacking in the challenge forums.

To expose uncivil, dishonest ,cheating behavior, abundant in DP Challenges is a duty. There is a “Complain” option (to me wrongly named) to denounce this behavior.

It is absolutely correct to DM someone before attacking them publicly.

Challenges are public and open to everyone and participants must be honest and play by the rules.

There is something pathologically absurd with Tasad’s obsessiveness that is quite disturbing.

There is something pathologically absurd with participants’ obsessiveness to win in a DP Challenge, at all cost and means available. The cheating that has being exposed and going on for years now are much more disturbing.

I also find cowardice in those that hide bravely behind digital

You mean the cheaters entitled, must have it, pathological a🤬les.

I find this post offensive and, I am sure, it is offensive to many participants here in the Forum and Challenges.

-- hide signature --

Pentax K200D
Decisive Comment
Decisive Comment Contributing Member • Posts: 709

Wildbegonia wrote:

Bill Thoo wrote:

With due respect:

Civil behaviour is lacking in the challenge forums.

To expose uncivil, dishonest ,cheating behavior, abundant in DP Challenges is a duty. There is a “Complain” option (to me wrongly named) to denounce this behavior.

Challenges are public and open to everyone and participants must be honest and play by the rules.

There is something pathologically absurd with participants’ obsessiveness to win in a DP Challenge, at all cost and means available. The cheating that has being exposed and going on for years now are much more disturbing.

I also find cowardice in those that hide bravely behind digital

You mean the cheaters entitled, must have it, pathological a🤬les.

I find this post offensive and, I am sure, it is offensive to many participants here in the Forum and Challenges.

2-3 years ago there was an accusation of cheating -- I don't remember if it was about falsified metadata or stolen image or whatever -- the "cheater" was crucified in a thread in this forum but after some time it was proven that the accusation was wrong, and tasad corrected his mistake in the same thread. At the time I was going to suggest that tasad create a separate apology post. If one feels so compelled to start a thread to publicly out cheaters in totally meaningless/worthless challenges, then it'd be fair to start a thread to equally publicly admit the mistake and apologize. If I were the one who was accused, I would be offended if the mistake was simply a "nevermind, my bad" comment in the original accusation thread that smeared me.

"There is something pathologically absurd with participants’ obsessiveness to win in a DP Challenge, at all cost and means available"

I agree but OTOH it is IMO also absurd to waste time complaining about it. The challenges are basically dead since eons ago. Nobody gives a rat's about any of it.

"It is absolutely correct to DM someone before attacking them publicly"

Absolutely agree.

-- hide signature --

Your first 10,000 opinions are your worst

MrScorpio

Bill Thoo wrote:

Civil behaviour is lacking in the challenge forums. It is absolutely correct to DM someone before attacking them publicly. There is something pathologically absurd with Tasad’s obsessiveness that is quite disturbing. I also find cowardice in those that hide bravely behind digital personas.

Absolutely agree

Any decent person would contact people directly and privately before dragging them around in public. A self appointed Judge with the self given right to drag peoples names into the dirt publicly before even giving them a chance to respond seems totally sick in my view.

I personally find it very disturbing.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Marcus

Skylane Contributing Member • Posts: 873

MrScorpio wrote:

Bill Thoo wrote:

Absolutely agree

Any decent person would contact people directly and privately before dragging them around in public.

I what to be sure I understand what you are advocating.  You want Tasad to PM you and then attack you in public?

What does that achieve?

-- hide signature --

Charlie

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads