they say that Sony Alpha owners are the most loyal of all ..... Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
TRIODEROB
TRIODEROB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549
they say that Sony Alpha owners are the most loyal of all .....

Rumer has it that Sony has the most loyal of owners among the major brands

true or  falsehood ?

SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 9,720
Re: they say that Sony Alpha owners are the most loyal of all .....

TRIODEROB wrote:

true or falsehood ?

Clearly false, since we can see the owners of other brands, like Fuji, who actively campaign across fora to show how loyal they are.

How loyal can Sony owners be if they're not going to proselytize?

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
DenImage Senior Member • Posts: 3,685

TRIODEROB wrote:

true or falsehood ?

False.

I've seen biased lunatics from all brand users.

I'm not brand loyal, I'm model loyal.

Den

DenImage's gear list:DenImage's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM +7 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 18,153

I don't believe 'they' say that at all. It's just more forum fodder from someone with nothing better to do.

TRIODEROB
OP TRIODEROB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549

are you kidding ?

the devolution is legendary

some of it is earned with the A9 being sort of a "holy grail " when it comes to focusing accuracy

there is also a certain amount of hype that factors in too

TRIODEROB wrote:

are you kidding ?

some of it is earned with the A9 being sort of a "holy grail " when it comes to focusing accuracy

Devolution?

That's what the band Devo was about (those guys with the flower pots on their heads). They (I'm not sure how seriously) talked about the devolution of humanity. Back to apes, sort of, I guess.

So, where's this legendary devolution with Sony, or it's users? Are you saying the A9II is a step backwards from the A9?

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 18,153

TRIODEROB wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

I don't believe 'they' say that at all. It's just more forum fodder from someone with nothing better to do.

are you kidding ?

No, I'm not kidding. You, the king of forum fodder, clearly have nothing better to do than start threads with ridiculous premises that you invent, then hope for people to take the bait. So far, nobody is falling for it, which is a good sign.

Sounds like you're drunk. That would explain a lot.

Lol,

I thought it was a fair question, that's why I posted a response.

Fanyboyism is not exclusive to just Sony users, it's everywhere.

Personally, if another manufacturer produces a camera solution that can output substantially better image quality than my Sony gear, then I'd have no hesitation changing to that camera solution.

So far, it hasn't happened, and I don't see it happening in the near future. However, I am impressed with the current range of Canon RF glass (not too impressed with their prices), and Canon are on the cusp of something big with their R5 and R6 cameras. But they are making a mistake focussing on 8k video, I don't believe there's a demand for 8k, nor do I think there will be in the future. I think people will skip 8k altogether, and wait for the next generation or two of TV's and monitors. I believe a lot of people struggle to tell the difference between 1080P and 4K at standard viewing distances, nevermind 8K. And nearly all broadcasters usually broadcast upscaled HD anyway, so there's minimal gain for the investment to 8k.

We'll have to see if Canon's new cameras produce significantly better image quality than Sony's current models, and what Sony have had hidden in their pipeline in preparation. Hang on to your hats folks, it's gonna be an interesting few months ahead of us 😉

Den

Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM +7 more
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 6,328
rumor hast it that Sony FF users are mostly quality oriented and highly prone to use a better system

TRIODEROB wrote:

true or falsehood ?

I'd take any time a different brand once I'd get better image quality at a lighter package at lower cost.

Of course your statement is from a psychological standpoint quite interesting. Who is answering and what are the arguments keeping your statement as bold and unreflected as possible.

Are you a psychologist that likes to experiment with groups? If yes you won't find unbalanced talk here - at least mostly

Sony is currently the technology leader in high resolution full frame high dynamic range MILCs. Of course you attract the quality oriented geeks - people not interested in image quality will sooner or later replace any kind of dedicated photo camera with their smart phone.

Ask the question in the Leica, Fuji or digital medium format forum and you might get more aficionados

( I am willing to use any other brand or camera model as soon as I get an even better package and/or long term outlook )

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +9 more
mmacleodbrown
mmacleodbrown Regular Member • Posts: 218

Falsehood

I have just purchased an Xt3 to replace my a6000.

The 6400/6600 just seemed like mostly the same for alot more money. I love my vintage glass so I wanted a big high res EVF, in camera Raw processing, additional MF aids, reliable transfers between phone and camera. The EVF on the xt3 is amazing so I'm happy and over the last few days I have GPS without touching my phone once after initial setup

Having said that, if sony ever release the a6700 with a big high res/magnification EVF and decent connection between phone and camera, I will buy it as I would like to go back to running one system with my a7r2

mmacleodbrown's gear list:mmacleodbrown's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +4 more
Paul Barnard
Paul Barnard Veteran Member • Posts: 3,537

TRIODEROB wrote:

true or falsehood ?

I’m a loyal Minolta owner. It’s just that Sony have changed the badge.

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,951
Classic Trollbait.

TRIODEROB wrote:

are you kidding ?

There is no sourcing of this titillating fact. Not even a vague justification for the "rumour."

Conclusion. It's a manufactured bit of nonsense from a vacant mind trying to fill its spaces with something to keep it entertained. Trying to argue with such rubbish is like feeding conspiracy theorists.

Hey TRIODEROB. Have Olympus users stopped believing that the world is flat?

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
JayRayMe
JayRayMe Regular Member • Posts: 302

I've got a simple explanation for that: once you've finally "digested" the Sony menus, you want a return on investment so you don't switch brands anymore 

JayRayMe's gear list:JayRayMe's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +3 more
Trollmannx Veteran Member • Posts: 6,840

Paul Barnard wrote:

TRIODEROB wrote:

true or falsehood ?

I’m a loyal Minolta owner. It’s just that Sony have changed the badge.

Another one here. Remember minolta SRT 303b?

We are not lojal. We are just stuck with the mount, no shillings for another brand... 

But if the money were there my next one would be another rebadged minolta!

TRIODEROB
OP TRIODEROB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549

DenImage wrote:

Lol,

I thought it was a fair question, that's why I posted a response.

Fanyboyism is not exclusive to just Sony users, it's everywhere.

Personally, if another manufacturer produces a camera solution that can output substantially better image quality than my Sony gear, then I'd have no hesitation changing to that camera solution.

So far, it hasn't happened, and I don't see it happening in the near future. However, I am impressed with the current range of Canon RF glass (not too impressed with their prices), and Canon are on the cusp of something big with their R5 and R6 cameras. But they are making a mistake focussing on 8k video, I don't believe there's a demand for 8k, nor do I think there will be in the future. I think people will skip 8k altogether, and wait for the next generation or two of TV's and monitors. I believe a lot of people struggle to tell the difference between 1080P and 4K at standard viewing distances, nevermind 8K. And nearly all broadcasters usually broadcast upscaled HD anyway, so there's minimal gain for the investment to 8k.

We'll have to see if Canon's new cameras produce significantly better image quality than Sony's current models, and what Sony have had hidden in their pipeline in preparation. Hang on to your hats folks, it's gonna be an interesting few months ahead of us 😉

Den

SQL guy thinks I am a troll

but unlike him I actually do photography

here is an example for your reference of that RF glass you are talking about

here is the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

its a sweet piece O glass ..... its a honeydew

"  are you kidding ?   ........   the devolution is legendary "

Nice 👍

Den

You are a troll.

Why do you say that I don't do photography?

Yeah, the results with the R and that 50/1.2 look quite good. I'm thinking that a mirrorless sensor and eye AF is what Canon really needed for that lens.

-- hide signature --

Michael Jardine
Michael Jardine Senior Member • Posts: 1,933
Which rumors are these?

Which rumor?

-- hide signature --

Michael
www.Qamera.com
IG my.qamera

Michael Jardine's gear list:Michael Jardine's gear list
Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Nikon D800 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a9 +9 more
Re: Which rumors are these?

Michael Jardine wrote:

Which rumor?

Not rumor. Rumer. Maybe this guy: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/David_Rumer/224027

-- hide signature --

DBHC Regular Member • Posts: 144

TRIODEROB wrote:

true or falsehood ?

Somewhat true. But at a certain time many left Sony (while waiting for the a99). I was looking at Nikon Z and Sony A7xx after selling my a-mount00 2 years ago but chose Sony because of the better AF better lenses and more lens options.

DBHC's gear list:DBHC's gear list
Sony a7R III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads