What did you shoot or post-process? (June 13 - June 19)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
DAVID MANZE Veteran Member • Posts: 6,177
Re: GBH & Ducks

1971_M5 wrote:

Nice!

Thanks, I had to dig the heron out of the branches ..... cloned out using Photo-impact which I have found to be one of the best cloning programs!

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +16 more
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,873
Re: Summer is here, Sweden.

Summer is finally here in Sweden , its been a cold May in comparison, but now its magic.

Today we had rain, so had time to do these sort of things inside for a while and thought id post some pictures from this weekend with the kids. used the Df and the 58 1,4g.

Julius and Yasmine on their way to the lake, Julius 1,5 now and yasmine 10 years old, loving the summer sun.

A quick snap near some nice smelling flowers we found near the lake.

Julius always love going into church to light some candles for our loved ones that passed. This time 2 people were playing the violin and piano and Julius was in awe.

Julius trying to catch up to his much bigger sister.

A great moment, Julius giving his sister a big kiss.

Looking at ants and insects is something Julius loves doing, here enjoying a quick break in the dirt with Yasmine.

Another break, this time just before heading home, sun starting to go down.

Another snap inside the church, watching the small orchestra.

A flowerbed just outside of church, watching the Bumblebees.

At a small puddle near the lake they sat down, i managed to get this snap before going on.

On our way home, was a great day full of warmth and love.

Have a great week!

/Martin.

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
Jon in Thailand
Jon in Thailand Regular Member • Posts: 345

solamnus wrote:

Summer is finally here in Sweden , its been a cold May in comparison, but now its magic.

Today we had rain, so had time to do these sort of things inside for a while and thought id post some pictures from this weekend with the kids. used the Df and the 58 1,4g.

Julius and Yasmine on their way to the lake, Julius 1,5 now and yasmine 10 years old, loving the summer sun.

Julius always love going into church to light some candles for our loved ones that passed. This time 2 people were playing the violin and piano and Julius was in awe.

Looking at ants and insects is something Julius loves doing, here enjoying a quick break in the dirt with Yasmine.

At a small puddle near the lake they sat down, i managed to get this snap before going on.

Have a great week!

/Martin.

Those are some real special photos.

Innocents & unconditional love 

Gloomy1 Regular Member • Posts: 426
Skye sunset

From April 2019 but processed for the first time today. Lots of de-noise to overcome the ISO 2,000 exposure. Ken

solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,873

Jon in Thailand wrote:

solamnus wrote:

Have a great week!

/Martin.

Those are some real special photos.

Innocents & unconditional love

Thank you Jon!

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +5 more
1971_M5
1971_M5 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,440
Re: Skye sunset

Beautiful.   That's way-up north.  Thanks for posting.  I really like checking out the grography.  So... I looked at the map, and I will drop some names (in regard to the peaks in the background)... even though I really don;t know what I am talking about... Sgùrr Alasdair?  Bruach na Frìthe?  Sgùrr nan Gillean?  Holy smokes, a very different language up there!

1971_M5's gear list:1971_M5's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,572
Re: Foggy Morning

Thoughts R Us wrote:

This is a really beautiful photo...has a very painting-like quality.

Thank you.

-- hide signature --
 sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +5 more
1971_M5
Re: Duwamish River ( a few more)

Nothing to write home about, but I processed 'em so I figured I'd post 'em. Having the 20/1.8, the 24-120 and the 80-400G is a nice flexible kit. I have a good backpack, so it is not a problem to carry. Took an hour break on my way home from a meeting and it was fun to spend a little time walking in the vicinity of the bridge -- a good vantage point and nobody else there, so it was "nice and peaceful" in a weird urban way. The shot looking up the transmission tower is a little "off" (misaligned). I was leaning WAY BACK attempting to get on a horizontal "plane" (did not want to lay on the ground) while also trying to hold still, but the bright sun and my old eyes didn't see all the details in the viewfinder. After 18 months and enough processing under my belt, I am really seeing how beautiful the image files from the D810 @ ISO 64 really are. Plus you can push them pretty hard and they hold up well.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
Gloomy1 Regular Member • Posts: 426
Re: Skye sunset

Hi just to help you along a bit with Gaelic. The three hills tht you see from the left are Sgùrr nan Gillean, a Sgùrr is a jagged peak and Sgùrr nan Gillean means the peak of the young men. In the middle is Am Basteir which means the executioner. On the right is Sgurr a' Bhasteir. The hills are part of the Cuillin range and despite being not much more than 3,000 ft high are quite challenging to climb. The stream is the Allt Dearg Mor meaning great red river, when I visited it hadn't rained for a while so the river level was very low If you have 7 minutes to spare you may enjoy the video of Danny Macaskill a mountainbiker getting to the top and along the ridge of the hills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA I hope that this helps. Ken

Damnerd
Damnerd Senior Member • Posts: 2,870
drive about

-- hide signature --

Don M
Downloading re-editing/re-touching of my images is prohibited without express permission.
Comments welcome:
1. Camera technique: if I could have used a different: shutter speed/f-stop/WB/ISO
2. Composition: if I could have positioned myself/camera: to the left/right, higher/lower, portrait/landscape.
3. Processing: is the image flat/off color/light/bright/crop/clone

OP clickclack Senior Member • Posts: 1,183
Foolishness on a wood stick

In Dutch there is a saying "Alle gekheid op een stokje", which would translate to "All foolishness on a wood stick". It is supposed to mean "all kidding aside".

Chad Ludwig
Chad Ludwig Forum Member • Posts: 59
Re: What did you shoot or post-process? (June 13 - June 19)

Urban density

Chad Ludwig's gear list:Chad Ludwig's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
fPrime
fPrime Veteran Member • Posts: 3,422
Iconic entrance to the San Diego Zoo

Nikon D60 with the DX 35mm f/1.8G

We can't visit it live today thanks to the coronavirus lockdown, but we can reprocess images from years past. This is the entrance at sunset on the way out, looking back.

fPrime

-- hide signature --

Half of my heart is a shotgun wedding to a bride with a paper ring,
And half of my heart is the part of a man who's never truly loved anything.

fPrime's gear list:fPrime's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D700
1971_M5
Urban Density

Cool.  Very nice set-up/angle and nicely done. Good eye!

Chad Ludwig
Chad Ludwig Forum Member • Posts: 59
Re: Urban Density

1971_M5 wrote:

Cool. Very nice set-up/angle and nicely done. Good eye!

thanks for the kind words

Chad Ludwig's gear list:Chad Ludwig's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
OP clickclack Senior Member • Posts: 1,183
Cookie Challenge

With some former photography students and being a Cookie monster fan :-), I created a WhatsApp group called "Cookie Challenge". I have the honor of creating a group photo. Unfortunately, I don't have Cookiemonster yet

Except for the first one, no Photoshop! Background was created by a flash with yellow filter in front. Main flash from camera right with a grid.

Nick_Andrews Regular Member • Posts: 115

Just daydreaming with the clouds outside my window!

sarayfoto
sarayfoto Forum Member • Posts: 87

I post process one of the image I took in Heidelberg, Germany, few weeks ago

sarayfoto's gear list:sarayfoto's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D850
Mirvin
Mirvin Forum Member • Posts: 72

A fledgling pilieated woodpecker.

Dbltfarmer
Dbltfarmer Contributing Member • Posts: 832

A Common Nighthawk sitting on its nest after a heavy thunderstorm came through.

Dbltfarmer's gear list:Dbltfarmer's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads