90D noise at ISO 320 a bit too much

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Old Greenlander Senior Member • Posts: 4,266
Re: Thanks. will test some more

MuzzaAus wrote:

Thanks Old Greenlander,

I am really enjoying the images produced by the 33 MP 90D. When everything is right,

(exposure, critical focus, shutter speed) the results are excellent. This camera (90D) is exhibiting more detail with my 100-400mm L IS II than my 80D (24 MP)

Cheers

Murray

I like the detail in this seed pod. Taken with the 90D.

Yellow-Faced Honeyeater in the shadows (detail is still good)

Plumed Whistling Ducks.

Wow!
those ducks are marvelous!

-- hide signature --

Old Greenlander
"I show the world the way I see it"
40 years of photography and still learning
https://www.juzaphoto.com/me.php?l=en&p=88256

Old Greenlander's gear list:Old Greenlander's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +18 more
John Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 918

Murry, I think you have some very goods BIF images, and maybe should consider porting on the new thread for the person who believes his 90D is giving him a focus issue shootin BIF.

arunv707
arunv707 Junior Member • Posts: 40

I set my exposure compensation to +1/3 most of the time.( expose slightly to the right and post-process slightly to the left).

This is a good tip! Thank you for this. Usually I do -1/3 -1 most of the times when I shoot birds assuming that I would get a bit more shutter speed. Have to try your tip next time I am in the field.

What I notice with my setup is the way the 90D noise cleans up so well in Topaz Denoise AI.

I shoot with 7D M2 and Topaz Denoise AI does a great job!

I had this noise issue with my old 7D. But things are much better in the Mark II version. However I still have doubt on camera settings while shooting in RAW.

- https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4499937

Could you please help?

-- hide signature --
 arunv707's gear list:arunv707's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
MuzzaAus Senior Member • Posts: 1,740

Thanks John, I will.

Cheers

Murray

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads