Ulanzi BG-2 charging problem confirmed by Ulanzi.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
MIC37 Contributing Member • Posts: 573
Ulanzi BG-2 charging problem confirmed by Ulanzi.

FYI

GoPro 8 camera doesn't support charging when using Ulanzi BG-2 power bank grip.

Please see the attached e-mail. I've tested two Ulanzi BG-2 bought at B&H and returned both.

Ken Yull
Ken Yull Senior Member • Posts: 2,354
Re: Ulanzi BG-2 charging problem confirmed by Ulanzi.

Received mine today for my DJI Pocket, and thought I had the same problem. Later in the day found it didn't charge because I had just fully charged the Pocket, within less than ten minutes of use it kicked in and started charging. Phew! I was thankful for that. 👌

Hope you get yours sorted OK.

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Ken.

Ken Yull's gear list:Ken Yull's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic G85 Panasonic G90 +2 more
OP MIC37 Contributing Member • Posts: 573

I've got a full refund including shipping fees related to the Ulanzi BG-2 incompatibility with GoPro Hero8 that was confirmed by "Ulanzi" but ... B&H refused to publish my review and did not change the misleading description of the Ulanzi BG-2 on their website.

Ken Yull

Glad you had refund. ✔

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Ken.

Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic G85 Panasonic G90 +2 more

Ken Yull wrote:

Glad you had refund. ✔

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a refund and submitted my review of the Ulanzi BG-2 to B&H.

The Ulanzi BG-2 got the Top Seller  label in spite of the absence of a single review.

After the first two unsuccessful attempts to publish it, the review was published but was taken down by B&H in one day.

The existing Ulanzi BG-2 Overview on their website was never revised and it is still misleading customers about its compatibility with action cameras.

sludge21017
sludge21017 Senior Member • Posts: 2,428

MIC37 wrote:

Ken Yull wrote:

Glad you had refund. ✔

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

The Ulanzi BG-2 got the Top Seller label in spite of the absence of a single review.

After the first two unsuccessful attempts to publish it, the review was published but was taken down by B&H in one day.

The existing Ulanzi BG-2 Overview on their website was never revised and it is still misleading customers about its compatibility with action cameras.

Did you simple state it wasn't compatible or did you make it a big ole rant?

sludge21017 wrote:

MIC37 wrote:

Ken Yull wrote:

Glad you had refund. ✔

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

The Ulanzi BG-2 got the Top Seller label in spite of the absence of a single review.

Did you simple state it wasn't compatible or did you make it a big ole rant?

As I've mentioned before, I bought the first Ulanzi BG-2 and returned it under the impression that it was defective. I bought a second one and also returned it. I've spent about an hour with GoPro Tech Support and they advised to contact Ulanzi.

I've sent 3 or 4 e-mails to B&H about it during the return process.

I forwarded my response together with the e-mail from the "Ulanzi" representative (see my first post) to B&H Customer Service, but they did not respond and they did not even revised the item description to mention the limited compatibility.

Ken Yull

Sorry to know you had this trouble. Today just on the off chance I tried mine with my Panasonic G90 and am I happy it works perfectly while also acting as an extra holding device, and added height if on a tripod. Just great when using via Bluetooth control, and remote control motorised tripod head. No worries about how long will it run before changing battery.

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Ken.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads