Wireless trigger won't trigger flash

Started 4 months ago | Questions
Keri261 New Member • Posts: 1
Wireless trigger won't trigger flash

Hi guys,

I have a canon 7d and have recently purchased a Godox V1 flash with an X2T wireless remote. I want to fire my flash off camera, but I can't get it to work. I have both set to the same channel and group, but the flash does not even display the lens length. It doesn't fire when I hit the test button on the trigger. I have the V1 set to slave and both are in manual mode at 1/128. What am I doing wrong????

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,704
Re: Wireless trigger won't trigger flash

Keri261 wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a canon 7d and have recently purchased a Godox V1 flash with an X2T wireless remote. I want to fire my flash off camera, but I can't get it to work. I have both set to the same channel and group, but the flash does not even display the lens length. It doesn't fire when I hit the test button on the trigger. I have the V1 set to slave and both are in manual mode at 1/128. What am I doing wrong????

Couple things to check:

• Godox has several versions of the V1 & X2T for each camera manufacturer (Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc). Did you buy the right set?
  • Slave mode (S1/S2) means the off-camera flash is waiting & looking for a pulse of light from some main flash. A wireless trigger won't do anything. Does the off-camera flash fire with the 7D pop-up flash? The manual will say what modes are required for TTL or manual wireless trigger operation.
-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a77 II Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +30 more
kli
kli Veteran Member • Posts: 3,586
Re: Wireless trigger won't trigger flash

https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/106379/my-godox-flash-wont-fire-off-camera-what-should-i-check

has my list of troubleshooting points, but the most likely issue (if you're sure you have the Canon versions, the flash is in radio slave mode not S1/S2, and the transmitter is seated fully forward in the hotshoe so all pins make contact) is ID codes being set on either the transmitter/flash but not on the other. The IDs have to be the same for the flash to fire. Think of it as a digital filter on top of the analog channel.

That, or, if you're using the transmitter right next to the flash, that you need to set the DIST function to 0-30m vs. the default 1-100m.

kli's gear list:kli's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads