Medium Format Images II

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Rigi1
Rigi1 New Member • Posts: 16
Re: Amsterdam, Bronica EC-TL & Ektar 100

JohnnyLuddite wrote:

Gorgeous, love the way it handles the highlights, and really nice colors.

Thank you! Sometimes it just all comes together: the light, the subject (bike was gone a few days later) and the insomnia (kept waking up at 5:30 šŸ˜…).

Rigi1's gear list:Rigi1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-M5 II Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
celestialemissary
OP celestialemissary Contributing Member • Posts: 775
Re: Medium Format Images II

some from my vacation

all on portra 400 or 160 with fuji gw680III

celestialemissary's gear list:celestialemissary's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV +1 more
alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,109

celestialemissary wrote:

some from my vacation

all on portra 400 or 160 with fuji gw680III

Fantastic photos, bravo!

DrBormental
DrBormental Regular Member • Posts: 180

Incredible! How did you scan your film to preserve this beauty? Just as I was about to give up on film for color, "they pull me back in!"

celestialemissary

DrBormental wrote:

Incredible! How did you scan your film to preserve this beauty? Just as I was about to give up on film for color, "they pull me back in!"

epson v600 - silverfast - portra400 6x6 profile(for 160 and 400 film) - photoshop(whitebalance + levels adjustment(midtones lift)) and that is it
also I shot 160 at 100 and 400 at 200

Neil-O Contributing Member • Posts: 593

Looking at some of these images I think I must get myself a proper MF camera.

I can't really compete, but just to keep the  thread going here are some from my £35 Agfa Isolette.

1cb
1cb Regular Member • Posts: 373

from my trip to Galveston, Mamiya C220, Kodak Ektar100 80mm lens.

-- hide signature --
 1cb's gear list:1cb's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +7 more
dugie
dugie Junior Member • Posts: 32

Got my first pics back from my GSW690 III the other day. Blown away with the quality. Shot on Velvia 100. I've shot several more rolls but not got round to developing any yet, waiting for some cold winter nights for that. All photos have had a little tweak in Lightroom to make them look more like the the original positives.

dugie's gear list:dugie's gear list
Nikon D850 GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +6 more
MikeAmos Regular Member • Posts: 424

Really beautiful images so far. 
I just received a few days ago my first medium format camera, a Hasselblad 503cw with the 80mm CF lens. Shot a test roll of Porta 400 around our house to check everything. Will take it out this weekend for a proper run.

-- hide signature --
 MikeAmos's gear list:MikeAmos's gear list
Leica Q Leica M-P (Typ 240) Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH Leica APO-Summicron-M 75mm f/2 ASPH +1 more
tassienick Senior Member • Posts: 1,399

Canola fields | Tasmania

Rolleiflex 2.8D (Planar) and Portra400

Olympuse20 Junior Member • Posts: 46

Sharing to this post.  Very talented photographers and some nice images.

Just acquired a Mamiya 645 Pro Tl. and started developing my own..

ILford HP5. Develop in Cinestill 96df.  Enjoying this process

Olympuse20's gear list:Olympuse20's gear list
Leica Q Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon 70-200 F2.8L III +3 more
jcampy Senior Member • Posts: 1,091

Part of my collection. Shot with Bronica EC-TL 75mm.

Neil-O Contributing Member • Posts: 593

dugie wrote:

Got my first pics back from my GSW690 III the other day. Blown away with the quality. Shot on Velvia 100. I've shot several more rolls but not got round to developing any yet, waiting for some cold winter nights for that. All photos have had a little tweak in Lightroom to make them look more like the the original positives.

That sunset is an absolute cracker Dugie, well done.

Trouble is I'm going to have to sell a few digital cameras before I can look at this thread again..

Olympuse20 Junior Member • Posts: 46

guessing Kodak Tri-X

Olympuse20's gear list:Olympuse20's gear list
Leica Q Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon 70-200 F2.8L III +3 more
dugie

Neil-O wrote:

dugie wrote:

Trouble is I'm going to have to sell a few digital cameras before I can look at this thread again..

Thanks Neil,

yeah I was pleased with that one got another one I edited from the same film, gonna get it framed with the sprocket holes showing.

Better get selling those camerasĀ 

Nikon D850 GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G +6 more
celestialemissary

dugie wrote:

Neil-O wrote:

dugie wrote:

Thanks Neil,

yeah I was pleased with that one got another one I edited from the same film, gonna get it framed with the sprocket holes showing.

Better get selling those cameras

really nice
how did you get that 35mm film in gw690 ? (I have 680)

dugie

celestialemissary wrote:

dugie wrote:

Neil-O wrote:

dugie wrote:

Thanks Neil,

Better get selling those cameras

really nice
how did you get that 35mm film in gw690 ? (I have 680)

Thanks. I bought some 120 film adaptors from ebay. You need to unload the film in a dark bag if you one use one set though, which is what I did. if you buy 2 sets you can use and empty film canister to load it across to. Link below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35mm-to-120-film-Canister-adapter-converter-analogue-camera-Photography-photo/223950117213?hash=item342477995d:g:McgAAOSwhfVdJvh7

celestialemissary

velvia50

ektar

portra160

portra160

Greg OH Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: My first 3 rolls

My old stomping grounds. I miss them. That view over Berkeley and the bay is a classic. If you know where to look, you can see the Golden Gate Bridge.

Greg OH Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: New York. New York. Panorama

Seems strange with neither the World Trade Center nor the Freedom Tower.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads