Fujifilm X-T200 manual shutter and aperture in video and focus peaking?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
sebek911 Regular Member • Posts: 187
Fujifilm X-T200 manual shutter and aperture in video and focus peaking?

Hi there, is it possible to use fully manual in video mode and also enable peaking?

OP sebek911 Regular Member • Posts: 187
Re: Fujifilm X-T200 manual shutter and aperture in video and focus peaking?

Anyone? I'm ready to purchase one but want to be sure I can use focus peaking and manual exposure in video. thank you

KneeConWon Contributing Member • Posts: 803

For fun, I tried on my X-T100. Focus peaking disappeared as soon as I pressed the record button. I don't know whether the same is true of the X-T200.

KneeConWon's gear list:KneeConWon's gear list
Sony a7 II Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-T100
OP sebek911 Regular Member • Posts: 187

KneeConWon wrote:

For fun, I tried on my X-T100. Focus peaking disappeared as soon as I pressed the record button. I don't know whether the same is true of the X-T200.

Oh ok strange that Fuji took this option away from the XT100, 200. Not sure I get why. Well, not going to purchase this one then.

KneeConWon Contributing Member • Posts: 803

sebek911 wrote:

KneeConWon wrote:

Oh ok strange that Fuji took this option away from the XT100, 200. Not sure I get why. Well, not going to purchase this one then.

For clarification, I don't know whether the option you're seeking is absent or present on the X-T200. I only tested the X-T100.

For photos, the X-T100 is an excellent and highly underrated camera, and I imagine the same is true of the 200. The 100's only real shortcoming is video, which is supposed to be much improved on the 200 — if that's the case, it should be an excellent hybrid camera for both photos and video.

In any case, if you're looking for another good and affordable APS-C camera for video, I hear good things about the Canon M50, as it's very popular for video and vlogging. I don't know whether it allows you to focus-peak while taking video.

KneeConWon's gear list:KneeConWon's gear list
Sony a7 II Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-T100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads