New Virus (G7x)

Started May 19, 2020 | Discussions
Jerrich
Jerrich Senior Member • Posts: 2,738
New Virus (G7x)

My wife found these in the back yard.  We call them the Coroner Virus because that is who you will need if you swallow one. 

JR

Jerrich's gear list:Jerrich's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G7 X
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 5,924
Re: New Virus (G7x)

Are those from a liquid amber tree?  My mother had one in her yard that produced and dropped these things by the hundreds each year, and they were very hard (and could be slippery) when stepped on.  She hated the tree because these were such a nuisance and in fact, she eventually took the tree out.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon D500 Canon G7 X II Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D700 +17 more
Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 1,785

Wow interesting .....................................thanks for sharing 

Jerrich wrote:

My wife found these in the back yard. We call them the Coroner Virus because that is who you will need if you swallow one.

JR

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon EOS 7D
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,455

CMCM wrote:

Are those from a liquid amber tree? My mother had one in her yard that produced and dropped these things by the hundreds each year, and they were very hard (and could be slippery) when stepped on. She hated the tree because these were such a nuisance and in fact, she eventually took the tree out.

Interesting in Google that one of the questions listed in People Also Ask is 'How do you kill a liquid amber tree'

Most of the varieties in the UK by the sounds of it do not produce fruit with out fairly short growing season. Some years getting tomatoes to go red is a struggle. We have to put them in drawers which usually does work.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads