FZ1000 flash open lever missing

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
jim
jim Contributing Member • Posts: 920
FZ1000 flash open lever missing

The flash open lever on my FZ1000 had disappeared.  Anybody heard of this problem?  Is there a fix?

jim's gear list:jim's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D5100
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ed B
Ed B Forum Pro • Posts: 11,062
Re: FZ1000 flash open lever missing

jim wrote:

The flash open lever on my FZ1000 had disappeared. Anybody heard of this problem? Is there a fix?

Jim, that's something I've never read about before. I hope you get a good answer but I don't think it's a common problem.

Anyway, good luck.

robnich Contributing Member • Posts: 723

jim wrote:

The flash open lever on my FZ1000 had disappeared. Anybody heard of this problem? Is there a fix?

I found a link for FZ1000 spare parts, but unfortunately none of the 204 available parts seems to be the flash release lever you need. Several parts are not described adequately, though. Here's the link If you want to look through them all:

https://panasonic.encompass.com/model/MSCDMCFZ1000

I think you'll probably have to have the camera repaired.

Robert N.

robnich's gear list:robnich's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X100V Canon Pixma Pro-100
kkardster
kkardster Veteran Member • Posts: 9,714

robnich wrote:

jim wrote:

I found a link for FZ1000 spare parts, but unfortunately none of the 204 available parts seems to be the flash release lever you need. Several parts are not described adequately, though. Here's the link If you want to look through them all:

https://panasonic.encompass.com/model/MSCDMCFZ1000

Robert N.

Perhaps this "Panasonic flash lock knob" :

https://panasonic.encompass.com/item/10416982/Panasonic/SGU0021/

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic ZS100 +5 more
robnich Contributing Member • Posts: 723

I also considered the lock knob, even though the owner's manual refers to the part as a lever, as did the OP. I did a separate Google search on -- FZ1000 SGU0021-- and found no additional information or picture.

Robert N.

robnich's gear list:robnich's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X100V Canon Pixma Pro-100
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,455

robnich wrote:

I also considered the lock knob, even though the owner's manual refers to the part as a lever, as did the OP. I did a separate Google search on -- FZ1000 SGU0021-- and found no additional information or picture.

Robert N.

Probably Panasonic in their usual fashion call parts entirely different names in different parts of the world even after translation. You know their great unwritten motto 'If they are not entirely confused they cannot be our customers'.

jim
OP jim Contributing Member • Posts: 920

robnich wrote:

A few years ago Panny (maybe it was Canon) charged $300 to repair a camera, and I'd probably be without for a month. I'll have to think about buying a new one. Thanks for trying to find the part.

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D5100
jim
OP jim Contributing Member • Posts: 920

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads