A7RIV Batis 85 1.8 and sony 85 1.8

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
OP Pennskull Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: A7RIV Batis 85 1.8 and sony 85 1.8

Im not a zoom guy. I own 1 zoon, the 18-55 fuji excellent kit lens. Otherwise its primes all the way for me. And that 1 zoom I treat like having 4 primes in one. Hate to just zoom, when I zoom I do it to chsnge perspective instead of changing lens, not to just be convenient.

A-Marc
A-Marc Contributing Member • Posts: 689

Pennskull wrote:

Im not a zoom guy. I own 1 zoon, the 18-55 fuji excellent kit lens. Otherwise its primes all the way for me. And that 1 zoom I treat like having 4 primes in one. Hate to just zoom, when I zoom I do it to chsnge perspective instead of changing lens, not to just be convenient.

the R4 is an amazing camera, and paired with good glas i have no doubt that you will be very happy.

i love my 35Loxia on the r4 , it is not rated as a good lens for this body, but shooting with that combo is so much fun and the results do amaze me. and its tack sharp when closed down.

what i try to say is, those sharpness ratings and good lens for the r4, this lens resolves ...this lens does not....that all does not count when you are happy with the results even if they are not clinically sharp as an 135/1.8

A-Marc's gear list:A-Marc's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +3 more
Stan Huntting
Stan Huntting Regular Member • Posts: 278

Pennskull wrote:

Thanks for the answer but I would like to see the results with my own eyes, wide open and down to around f8 would be preferable

FE 85/1.8 group on Flickr has more than 9,000 photos - many taken with the 7RM4.

Stan Huntting's gear list:Stan Huntting's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Sony a7R II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro +10 more
Michael Everett Senior Member • Posts: 1,956

A-Marc wrote:

i love primes for the way they force me to think and act more than what zooms would do.

zooms are comfy, zoom in, zoom out, but do not move your body or interact with your scene. primes take me deeper into the actual process of taking the pictures (personal taste) and i have to act/move. thats the main reason. second is they give me wider apetures and bit more sharpness.

the r4 is a beast on its own, it is quite challenging camera to shoot with.

i dont think that its a matter of camera lens combo, i think its more a matter of how you like to photograph.

if you like it comfy, stick to the version 3 bodys and zooms.

Without getting into the question of zooms versus primes, let me say I bought the rIV, but not specifically for the sensor. The better VF, the better AF, the better grip, the joystick, were all reasons for me to upgrade, and I do not regret it at all. 61 mp is a plus, but I think only if you crop a lot, and where it also makes a difference in APS-C mode.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads