My new X-A3 is really unuseable in sunlight..............

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
Veducci Senior Member • Posts: 1,170
My new X-A3 is really unuseable in sunlight..............

..............as most viewfinder-less cameras are. The Fuji XA line screens might be even the worse ones as I recall my X-A1 wasn`t good in the sun either.

I received the camera (new) a few days ago and I was perfectly satisfied with it until I took it outdoors on a sunny day and just couldn`t see a thing on the screen. I instantly had thoughts of returning it and springing for the next step up in the Fuji line for the least costly model with a 24mp sensor and a VF.

Then I remembered I had a shoe mount "Clearviewer " stashed somewhere among my old photo gear accessories and voila , a perfect fit and match for this camera.

I`m up in age now and the expanded view of the screen and the extra stabilizing point against my eye makes it a tremendous improvement and easier shooting experience for me. It slips on and off in a couple seconds and it folds flat and slips into the watch pocket in my jeans. It also eliminates a need for eyeglasses .

I suppose I now have to disavow any connection to whoever makes this device . I just wanted to post this as a reminder that all is not lost and there are workarounds for those of us who are frugal with our photo budget.

Veducci's gear list:Veducci's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-A5
Advent1sam
Advent1sam Veteran Member • Posts: 9,089
Re: My new X-A3 is really unuseable in sunlight..............

Veducci wrote:

..............as most viewfinder-less cameras are. The Fuji XA line screens might be even the worse ones as I recall my X-A1 wasn`t good in the sun either.

I received the camera (new) a few days ago and I was perfectly satisfied with it until I took it outdoors on a sunny day and just couldn`t see a thing on the screen. I instantly had thoughts of returning it and springing for the next step up in the Fuji line for the least costly model with a 24mp sensor and a VF.

Then I remembered I had a shoe mount "Clearviewer " stashed somewhere among my old photo gear accessories and voila , a perfect fit and match for this camera.

I`m up in age now and the expanded view of the screen and the extra stabilizing point against my eye makes it a tremendous improvement and easier shooting experience for me. It slips on and off in a couple seconds and it folds flat and slips into the watch pocket in my jeans. It also eliminates a need for eyeglasses .

I suppose I now have to disavow any connection to whoever makes this device . I just wanted to post this as a reminder that all is not lost and there are workarounds for those of us who are frugal with our photo budget.

The new x-a7 and x-t200 have incredibly good screens, I am amazed at my x-t200 screen and it doesn't need any assistance outside in daylight!

OP Veducci Senior Member • Posts: 1,170

Please re-read my last sentence.

A new A-7 kit is $699 with kit lens. The XT200 is $699 without a lens.

I paid $300 for the  new X-A3 with kit lens  and it`s good enough for what I shoot, however,  I`m probably gonna buy the Meike 24mm f1.8 . As I mentioned earlier, I`m frugal.

Veducci's gear list:Veducci's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-A5
viska Regular Member • Posts: 396

Just paid 520 for the X-A7 with 15-45(which i'll sell).

Definitely worth the Xtra $ for the more advanced photo/video capability with the high resolution screen that flips every which way.

viska's gear list:viska's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Olympus PEN-F Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS RP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads