nikon coolpic p1000 gimbal tripod set up image samples

Started Apr 28, 2020 | Discussions
Gary B P1000 Regular Member • Posts: 272
nikon coolpic p1000 gimbal tripod set up image samples

im no expert but here is a gimbal tripod set up i did.

there is dues and dont on this set up if anyone wants the full detail just ask and ill re edit the top post.

the p1000 is well known to break off where the tripod screws onto the camera.

buying the right parts is a must, if you need the part numbers just ask, they fit perfect or al most perfect, you try and guess at it but you may get the wrong part or use a part that could do damage

when using the p1000 on the gimbal you have to set it in the right direction or its going to be a pain to use when using the focus buttons and snap back buttons on the side.

i also use this with the wireless remote, i bought a tripod that has some weight to it =7lb because the camera is going to make it top heavy and could fall over,the bottom tripod weight should help,

using the gimbal makes it easy and very controllable for the size and weight of the p1000

its just right out quick fast and easy and keeps very little camera shake to almost non

i think all this was less then $200

Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
MOD Labe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,229
Re: nikon coolpic p1000 gimbal tripod set up image samples

Very nice set up Gary . 
 It’s not for me though as I bought an all in one to travel as light as possible and that means not carrying or using a tripod. 
 Yes I know it limit me and what I get good shots of .

Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

He worships me so much he even took my name. How awesome is that!

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR +5 more
OP Gary B P1000 Regular Member • Posts: 272

I bought an all in one to travel as light as possible and that means not carrying or using a tripod.

thats my next project, some thing i can take with me like out to the lake and shoot some shots off of the picnic table off of my igloo cooler, a all in one

caring case and stand.

im going to try mounting it on a igloo cooler,

1 can take the heat

2 can take the cold

3 protects camera from getting smashed

4 set it up on a picnic table at eye level

5 use wireless remote for no camera shake.

i have not set it up yet but here is just a general idea,

i may add a long slide rail on top of the cooler with a pan swivel quick release

fits inside and enough room to add cushion to it. be using a thick towel,or buy a padded camera bag

KJaay Veteran Member • Posts: 8,224

Nice set up , thank you!

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000 +1 more
jscris Forum Member • Posts: 85

Gary B P1000 wrote:

im no expert but here is a gimbal tripod set up i did.

there is dues and dont on this set up if anyone wants the full detail just ask and ill re edit the top post.

i think all this was less then $200

Yes, I'd like to know the parts and where you purchased. Thinking about a gimbal for the P1000.  Thanks!

jscris
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/free/gallery.asp?mem=121636

going to want a heavy tripod 7 lb
Orion 5378 Paragon HD-F2 Heavy Duty Camera Tripod

Neewer Professional Heavy Duty Metal 360 Degree Panoramic Gimbal Tripod Head with Arca-Swiss Standard 1/4'' Quick Release Plate and Bubble Level for Digital SLR Cameras up to 30lbs/13.6 kg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I57SS5S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the Gimbal has a twist lock handle to slide the camera up and down, i put it all the way down and moved the camera right next to the lock twist nut handle, if you dont you cant put your hands on the camera grip.

Haoge 150mm QR Quick Release Plate Dual Dovetail and D-Ring Screw Fits Arca-Swiss Standard for Tripod Ball Head

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z40X42M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

doesn't madder which end but use the second hole, not the slide slot.
one end will be at the back of the camera and the other end will be right behind the focus ring.
you will noticed a tiny cap, i just put about 1 inch Velcro strips to fill the gap to support the camera better.

if you dont understand i can show some more pictures or do a video on it.

every thing is going to fit really tight and quick release gap dont push down on it or you may break some thing, the gap is real tight.

the camera needs to be set up in the right direction or the bar on the gimbal will be in the way of using the focus options on the side of the camera.

when you use the quick release if i recall you have to open it up and put the camera in instead of sliding it in the grove slots, once in tighten it and make SURE its in, i did mess up and thought it was in so look every where to make sure its locked on and fits like it should

to do a quick adjustment to keep the center pivot i may add a slide weight, that way your moving the slide weight and not losing the quick release to adjust it plus it puts it at risk to fall off when adjusting, use the pole adjustment and the quick release will always keep the camera locked on and not falling off by accident.

in the image below i think ill need to put the weight towards the front of the camera, pic came off the internet. loosen the knob to slide the weight.. the gimbal has some thing like this but this would be faster

jscris Forum Member • Posts: 85

Thanks!  Great explanation. I already had that plate on order. Still trying to decide if I need the gimbal mount. I used to use one with big Canon primes and loved it.

i went and bought a dot site to site in planes and birds better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4CCR7X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the link above has the shoe mount, had to site in from the camera to set focus point because i could not get the dot site lower as its needed.

that dot site about $30 and not plastic or buy one from the dealer around $175

jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,067

Super fantastic setup for your P1000 camera!

Thanks for sharing all of your great pictures.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

..Cheers, John..
"We are all in this together."

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
Raf63 Junior Member • Posts: 34

I've been considering a dot sight as well, but found Nikon's and Olympus' to be too expensive.  May I ask what components you used to mount your dot sight to the camera's hot shoe?

Raf63's gear list:Raf63's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000
len100 New Member • Posts: 1

Hi, I have a P1000 and would like to buy a gimbal head for my Manfrotto tripod.  Can you tell me all the parts you purchased for your setup?

len100 wrote:

Hi, I have a P1000 and would like to buy a gimbal head for my Manfrotto tripod. Can you tell me all the parts you purchased for your setup?

i posted it above your post, you have to go look a few post up

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads