Thoughts from a new Fuji user

Started 9 months ago | Photos
Elliott Stabler Forum Member • Posts: 73
Thoughts from a new Fuji user

Hello, I just picked up a used X100F after being a MFT turned Sony FE user. I wanted a pocketable camera, and have always admired from afar the gorgeous pictures and film simulations this and other fuji cameras can produce. I am a fan to say the least, and currently fighting my urges to buy into the Fuji ILC system. I find myself taking this camera everywhere, and although I own more expensive and technically superior gear, I keep coming back to this little powerhouse because of how it "speaks" to me, encourages a new way of seeing the world, and frankly, makes me fall in love with photography again and again. Also, the TTL flash on a point and shoot, especially one this capable, is underrated. Some photos taken while in quarantine:

Elliott Stabler's gear list:Elliott Stabler's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony a7 III Samyang AF 35mm F1.4 FE Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mczar2u Forum Member • Posts: 89
Re: Thoughts from a new Fuji user

Another who got the Fuji Fever, more contagious than Corona

My advice, start saving

Mario

BuckeyePhotography
BuckeyePhotography Regular Member • Posts: 181

The x100 series is what started my expensive decline deep into the X-Series system. Of all the bodies and lenses I own, the x100s have been my go-to and always with me camera. Welcome to the X-World!

-- hide signature --

~ Tony
Lots and lots of Fujifilm gear

BuckeyePhotography's gear list:BuckeyePhotography's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T3 +26 more
athensGA Contributing Member • Posts: 530

Hooray! I've used every iteration up to F. My go to camera for almost every situation. Fun, versatile, grab n go, and very pleasing files. Hell i even like the render of the apparently not good enough lens. I hope you shoot it, shoot it, then shoot it some more!

you know how companies like to advertise 'lifestyles' - like you buy this jeep and suddenly you are transformed from a cubicle bound accountant to a rugged adventurer?

well the x100 series actually DELIVERS on that promise. I take mine everywhere. it's in my vehicle (jeep!) when i'm riding through the country, so i can bother folks' cows. I take it hiking. I take it to concerts, bars, family birthdays, weddings, to the beach (bother people fishing), vacations, do a lot of street photography, have it in my bag ready to whip out at the airport and bother people there too, requisite petraits, credible macro to impress my friends, annoying food photography (of course), it's on me when i'm taking my walk through the campus of the glorious univ town i live in and shoot the campus in full bloom (knowhutimean?) It can do pretty much anything within reason.

It really is a lifestyle product. Look out for the F. It's cute as hell but packs a punch. And if you weren't cool already, well consider yourself pimped. Now about that sony...

hanging with family

prowling the streets

riding around looking for trouble

requisite petraits

prowling the streets

try getting a bigger camera in most music venues

waxahatchee is a really cool band. up close and personal with x100f.

this is the ATL airport and i'm ready to annoy fellow travelers

great for hiking and not bad for limited landscape applications

impress your friends with macro photography.

this is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to me bothering fisherfolks

i could do this all day but im probably already in trouble with Jerry. But I promise if you let it the x100 camera can change your life. Oh and by the look of your photos i can see you've already got the hang of it. Keep em coming.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83702654@N07/

PS I own a Leica Q as well. It's a great camera. I keep telling myself I'm going to use it more but I always seem to want to take the x100 instead. That's saying something!

athensGA's gear list:athensGA's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 10,370

Welcome to the Fuji club.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +2 more
CeeDave
CeeDave Senior Member • Posts: 1,842

Hey, I think you have a good eye, and the sort-of-tactile Fujifilm interface promotes that. I don’t have an X100, but I think the E2 with the 27 is similar in feel. I love it, but I also love my (gradually disintegrating) T1, for its bigger EVF. To me, that’s the divide, better EVFs in the T* and H1 compared to veryting else, smaller size and (to me) better form in the 100, Pro, and E series. T*0, T*00 , and A* have great compactness, but EVF is too small or absent, a nonstarter for me.

-- hide signature --

Chris
A couple of Fuji cameras and assorted X-mount and adapted primes

CeeDave's gear list:CeeDave's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-E2 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +10 more
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Forum Pro • Posts: 10,245

colmenaj wrote:

Some photos taken while in quarantine:

Love this one!  It says it all.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X30 Panasonic ZS100 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 +15 more
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,421

athensGA wrote

i could do this all day but im probably already in trouble with Jerry. But I promise if you let it the x100 camera can change your life. Oh and by the look of your photos i can see you've already got the hang of it. Keep em coming.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83702654@N07/

PS I own a Leica Q as well. It's a great camera. I keep telling myself I'm going to use it more but I always seem to want to take the x100 instead. That's saying something!

Yup... deep doo doo, that’s for sure (can I say that?).  One too many attachments.

To the DPR hoosegow for you, bud.  (BTW, nice set of images).

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 27,608

Boy, that's making the most of it. Nice.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Nikon D7200 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +32 more
OP Elliott Stabler Forum Member • Posts: 73

You're all very kind. Thank you for the sweet words! I like it here, much nicer than the Sony forum

-- hide signature --

instagram.com/whatjonsees

Elliott Stabler's gear list:Elliott Stabler's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Sony a7 III Samyang AF 35mm F1.4 FE Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD +1 more
athensGA Contributing Member • Posts: 530

colmenaj wrote:

You're all very kind. Thank you for the sweet words! I like it here, much nicer than the Sony forum

Lol you caught us on a good day. Poor ol Jerry is all scuffed up from all the times he's had to separate us and send us to our rooms.

athensGA's gear list:athensGA's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 10,370

athensGA wrote:

colmenaj wrote:

Lol you caught us on a good day. Poor ol Jerry is all scuffed up from all the times he's had to separate us and send us to our rooms.

We are happy to answer any questions you have, so long as you're ok with some good natured ribbing sometimes.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads